IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

so I'm working on this laptop, trying to connect it to an external monitor. it just started randomly working this very minute

Spoiler

so that reply is on a 23" widescreen about 12ft away from the boy

"is that the 1961 shark nose?"

"yes"

he wanders over with the shark puppet

Spoiler

and says "yaaarrr, me tech brother!"

now I'm getting a run through of the 1961 layout of Monza

"left side main straight, right curvee grande, left, (no della roggia), right, right (lesmos) left (no ascari), parabolica

right side straight, banking, bridge straight, banking, end of lap"

and the 1957 Pescara Grand Prix:

"longest lap in an F1 race ever, but abandoned due to safety concerns"

Edited by SeanR

10 hours ago, SeanR said:

14... this time around.

Must be lovely sharing an interest.  :) 

My eldest (22) kind of is aware of Hamilton and Max but otheerwise doesn't watch F1. Just asks how the race went after I've seen it

16 hours ago, davidcotton said:

Halfway through the break everyone!

watching formulaE on eurosport2…

they’re in Rome. Jean-Eric Vergne!

nyck De Vries!

ticktum…

In the "good old days" you could reasonably expect a seat or two to become available through the season. 

These days the drivers stay forever and hog the seats. So all the not so good drivers end up in the lower formulas.

As formula E is a about to become utterly shit with this new gen car, I expect them all to head to WEC, which will be the only other proper downforce series left outside Indy and F1.

image.png.fa82e5e93325abc5c59583e20d1f5fa4.png

It's a horrible thing 

2 hours ago, Sidewaysbob said:

In the "good old days" you could reasonably expect a seat or two to become available through the season. 

These days the drivers stay forever and hog the seats. So all the not so good drivers end up in the lower formulas.

As formula E is a about to become utterly shit with this new gen car, I expect them all to head to WEC, which will be the only other proper downforce series left outside Indy and F1.

It's a horrible thing 

image.png.11b4a76e32b7faefac14f3ef9adff558.png

6 hours ago, Sidewaysbob said:

It's a horrible thing 

What about F2 & F3!?

Formula e has never been a downforce series and the gen 3 is faster round Monaco than a gen 2 even on ditch finders and no dirty air - surely it’s going to be the most competitive formula series out there!?

You're right, it's not a downforce formula.  F2 and f3 are sort of downforce,  but not in the same league as wec and F1. 

I don't know, I just think the new car is as ugly as its possible to get.  It looks like the sort of thing a 3 year old drew up before nap time.  It's what a child thinks a fast car should look like. There's no finesse to it,  it's just..  A marketing wet dream.  

And its not going to look any better round the mickey mouse Street tracks.  

1 hour ago, layten said:

image.png.25196234a3ba6cf81525790455f74d3b.png

Lets hope we get more than the 'minimum number of laps behind a safety car to avoid having to give refunds' this time.

That would be about right after all this wait wouldn’t it?  Rained off.