Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

5 minutes ago, Corranga said:

Charles didn’t get the fastest lap.

2 minutes ago, Corranga said:

…and he drops to 6th with a 5 second penalty

It wouldn't be an F1 weekend without a Ferrari fuck up.

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

Ferrari are clowns is a given but ho worried must they be that the Merc race pace was quicker than them and Redbull stuck it in cruise and went off into the sunset!?

Shame George binned it as would have been nice to see him on the podium here.

Mercedes was faster because Ferrari went with their Big Wing

Have McLaren had the worst weekend of anyone? Zero points scored while Alpine have picked up eighteen today to leave a twenty point gap between the teams. Norris is good but I'm not sure he is going to make up that gap by himself. 

58 minutes ago, wev said:

The hardest part of Max's race today was stopping in the correct grid slot, what with the Alpha Tauris suddenly having to start in the pit lane

DiResta suggested AT might do that after qualifying to give Max another couple of places and Brundle (rightly) dismissed it as a crazy idea. Don’t really understand why they did it so late in the weekend, surely to maximise benefit and minimise loss you want to do it as early as possible as we saw with Max and Charles.

Odd call.

Realistically, Perez is not in the title race so it's how far leclerc is behind Max. 

So 8 races to go, max is effectively 2 race wins ahead. He'll win in zandvort and Monza comfortably I think. If Charlie gets nothing in those two then I think Max can have this all done and dusted by Japan or the States. Certainly Mexico if things carry on as is and he'll have his first World championship. 

So 4 pointless races at the end of the season and the Dutch can start bleating on about how totally amazing he is 😉

12 hours ago, Sidewaysbob said:

Realistically, Perez is not in the title race so it's how far leclerc is behind Max. 

So 8 races to go, max is effectively 2 race wins ahead.

Max could sit out the next 4 races and if Charles won them all, he'd come back just 2 points behind. Six if Charles took all the fastest laps. 

2 hours ago, kiroquai said:

Ferrari are a bit suspicious at the extent and pace that the Red Bull is developing, apparently. Might be a dummy spit incoming.

i think we just have to come to terms with the fact that Newey has built another rocket ship and it’s actually reliable now.  Quite possibly the start of a long run of consecutive championships.  Not convinced Merc have a clear answer even for next year.  Ferrari will continue to Ferrari. 

15 hours ago, Sidewaysbob said:

Max can have this all done and dusted by Japan or the States. Certainly Mexico if things carry on as is and he'll have his first World championship

Wait, what? 😜

15 hours ago, Sidewaysbob said:

So 4 pointless races at the end of the season and the Dutch can start bleating on about how totally amazing he is 😉

Too late.

ParallelBiodegradableElephantbeetle-size

18 hours ago, kiroquai said:

Ferrari are a bit suspicious at the extent and pace that the Red Bull is developing, apparently. Might be a dummy spit incoming.

That’s rich coming from Ferrari. There were rumours Red Bull have a lighter chassis variant (4 kilos saved, meaning 0.14 seconds a lap roughly), but Horner was saying this weekend the current chassis will be used for the rest of the season.

Well I didn’t watch the watch till now and I kind of wish I hadn’t. Max too good. DRS frankly ridiculous.

Watching cars pass each other well before the braking zone is dull as fuck. Someone messed up.

RB looks like an F1 car in a field of GP2 cars. Any illusion of a championship is long long. I’d love it if RB were found to be cheating but I just think they are too good right now. The rest of the grid look like clowns.