Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

Interesting news this morning that the official Audi news came before the (originally planned to come first) Porsche / Red Bull news as Red Bull are already debating things with Porsche.  

If I were Porsche, I'd be thinking long and hard as even if they get the 50% stake in Red Bull Technologies that they are supposedly asking for, history has dictated than they will get 100% of the blame if the engine isn't up to scratch.  There is a deadline in October for new powertrain manufacturers to register for 2026 (Audi are on that list now) but of course, as Red Bull Powertrains are already on the list to supply RB and AT, it doesn't really matter as they'd presumably just collaborate with Porsche and stick some sponsorship on the car, whilst the engine itself, for what it's worth would still be a 'Red Bull Powertrain'

Ideally the chosen path is the one that leads to RB's downfall. 😁

1. - They take the Porsche deal. Which pisses off Honda (because they want back in). Honda scale back dev till the end of 2025. Porsche then spend 3-4 years in a Honda like wilderness trying to get up to speed. 

2. Porsche pull out. Egg on face, loss of £££. Honda continue to scale back as they approach the end of 2025. 

What I am worried about is

3. Porsche pull out, Honda re-sign with RB and up their investment and steamroller everyone till the end of time. 

My feeling is that Porsche will eventually want to have their name above the door and have a roadmap to taking over the team. Maybe RB doesn't want that. 

If Porsche do buy 2 thirds of Redbull, will Horner (and Max) stay I wonder ?

Also

How about Gasly to Alpine 

Ricky off to Tin tops in the outback 

Colton Herta to Alpha Tauri (with a free pass from the FIA over the super license), which it renamed Andretti racing a year later ... 

Just a thought.

1 minute ago, Sidewaysbob said:

If Porsche do buy 2 thirds of Redbull, will Horner (and Max) stay I wonder ?

Also

How about Gasly to Alpine 

Ricky off to Tin tops in the outback 

Colton Herta to Alpha Tauri (with a free pass front the FIA over the super license), which it renamed Andretti racing a year later ... 

Just a thought.

Alternatively, 

If Porsche do buy 2 thirds of Redbull, and Horner (and Max) leave...

How about Horner and Max (and Newey etc) to Alpha Tauri Audi whilst smiling and waving 2 fingers at the "premium" 2/3rds Porsche team?