Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

If they want to enter as an engine manufacturer in 2026 they've got until October 15th to register, though I guess there's an option of rebadging the Audi engine in the future which may make that less pressing.

I think a new entry of Porsche-Andretti would be interesting, might be more work and commitment than Porsche wanted to do.

I believe the Audi and Porsche engine programs are two very separate entities. Audi wouldn't let them rebadge it as a porsche.  Not without an awful lot of blood being spilt on the workshop floor anyway. 

The two companies my be joined in name. But the motorsport divisions are fiercely independant of each other. 

What is the state if any of the Porsche F1 engine program anyway, as this deal would have been using Red Bull's own engines? I wonder if they can easily switch focus to another team or if an F1 entry has suddenly become a lot more complicated and expensive.

8 hours ago, davidcotton said:

I was already beginning to feel like my Sky sub was a waste of money, I'd stupidly thought there'd be lots of content, current and historical, but most of the time its the same few features repeated fucking constantly. Bit late now but I'm gonna do the F1TV + VPN route for next season

16 minutes ago, bear said:

So he was at Aston yesterday and is driving for Williams today, when was the last time a driver drove for two teams on the same weekend? 

He drove the Merc at practice in France too, can’t be too many drivers to drive for 3 teams in 1 season either

Im looking forward to seeing how Leclerc throws away the win tomorrow, I’m expecting him to do a Hakkinen in 99.  Hamilton outqualified Russell again but I’ll be surprised if Lewis can make it into the top 6. 

11 minutes ago, Corranga said:

Commentating team have it all wrong again as usual. 
Sainz needs to be as high as possible, and so it makes sense to give him the slipstream. LeClerc will default to pole anyway.

Sainz is a back of grid penalty so just needed to beat Hamilton right? 

So Max qualifies 2nd, takes a 5 place grid penalty and starts 4th. Crazy penalty system that really needs revised. Bottas takes a 15 place grid penalty and starts 15th. Lewis starts 19th and Carlos 18th. Provisionally.