Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

Williams broke it and were fined $25k and that was it, not much point in a cap when its such an insignifant amount. Likewise the penalties for replacing parts as it makes little difference to the final result.

It’ll be a small fine, Sky will take to Horner will be on the Red Bull pit wall all weekend saying they are innocent and in the end there will be a small fine, a ‘clarification’ from the FIA and everyone will move on.

It seems like Red Bull used 4% of the 5% leeway the FIA allowed on the budget cap so nothing will happen. The bigger question is where did all the money Aston Martin, if they are the other team, spent go?

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Sky extended their deal to 2029. 

Saw that earlier. No F1 TV for us then. They claim they're going to have improved multi screen / second screen stuff next year. I don't believe it. 

I'd happily subscribe for their monthly pack on NowTV or something, but there's just no point. When they're not showing a live weekend they just repeat the same shit over and over and over. 

It's 2022, here's an interview with Lewis talking about his hopes to win his 4th WDC! Enjoyed it? Good, we'll show it another 9 times this week!!

I wish they would show more classic footage and other content. Say it's Silverstone week. Why not a classic race each day as a build up. 

1 minute ago, T Pot said:

Saw that earlier. No F1 TV for us then. They claim they're going to have improved multi screen / second screen stuff next year. I don't believe it. 

No doubt only available to Sky Glass / Sky Q subscribers. I can only watch through Now TV so won’t see any of the additional options they add.

1 minute ago, mexos said:

Just give me 4k streaming through Sky Go you cunts.

Considering nowTV is 720p and you have to pay £5 a month to get 1080, no chance you're getting 4K.

1 minute ago, T Pot said:

Considering nowTV is 720p and you have to pay £5 a month to get 1080, no chance you're getting 4K.

I know they are doing streaming to the bloody Sky Glass TVs, so I assumed they'd beefed up their live streaming tech. If they have good (better than now) quality streaming to those sets there is no reason (other than being cunts) why they couldn't upgrade the Sky Go stream quality.

13 minutes ago, mexos said:

I know they are doing streaming to the bloody Sky Glass TVs, so I assumed they'd beefed up their live streaming tech. If they have good (better than now) quality streaming to those sets there is no reason (other than being cunts) why they couldn't upgrade the Sky Go stream quality.

So that's coming to normal TVs in October and will be called Sky Stream. £29 a month basic cost with F1 on top. So to get your 4K through that (For an extra cost on top of everything else) you'll be looking at the best part of £50 a month.

F1 on NowTV is £25 a month (The whole sports pack, although they offer an F1 pack for a limited time at the start of the year). That's for basic 720P, extra advertisments, no subtitles, stereo sound, no multi-cams etc. It's crap. 

Boost costs £5 a month and gives you 1080 and gets rid of the extra ads. 

EDIT: Based off Sky Glass channel pricing - TV £29, Sports £25, UHD £5. So on Stream it would likely be £59 a month for TV and Sky Sports in 4k.

I was ready to sack it all in and dust off the peg leg and parrot. Then VM came back with this for £64 a month for the next 18 months (at which time I'll have to do the leaving dance all over again). Broadband was going to be £40 on its own, so very happy with their offer.

image.thumb.png.ff4b9961a5f65dc9df8fd561aa274252.png

Odds on VM still wont have Sky Sports in 4K by 2024.

Wow. That's one hell of a discount! We can't get virgin media here so it discourages Sky from being competetive. I remember threatening to leave Sky once and the guy said "No worries. Off you go. I can see what channels you use here, you can't get them on any other plaatforms in your area without paying more than you do now". 

58 minutes ago, T Pot said:

I'd happily subscribe for their monthly pack on NowTV or something, but there's just no point. When they're not showing a live weekend they just repeat the same shit over and over and over. 

It's 2022, here's an interview with Lewis talking about his hopes to win his 4th WDC! Enjoyed it? Good, we'll show it another 9 times this week!!

I wish they would show more classic footage and other content. Say it's Silverstone week. Why not a classic race each day as a build up. 

Yeah, for having a dedicated channel, Sky's coverage is fucking shit.

I'm gonna go down the VPN + f1tv route for next season (which also has the added benefit of not having to listen to Croft)

7 minutes ago, marsh said:

What grubby deal has been done with sky and F1 then? Was this just a shady handshake or was anyone else allowed to tender?

I can't fathom how someone like AWS hasn't picked this up.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a clause in their current contract stating they had first refusal before it was offered out. 

2 hours ago, T Pot said:

Sky F1 showed all of the indy car season this year. And they do show the classic that they have rights to. 

Plus they show a fair chunk of the British GT series. 

Sure there is a lot of filler and repeat stuff. But I'm pretty happy with the content these days. 

I remember the days of the BBC showing a half hour highlight package on a Sunday evening with Murray walker and James hunt shouting down a phone line. These days it's wall to wall coverage on a race weekend. Highlights and analysis on a Monday and Tuesday. 

Next year with a gazillion races there's going to be a lot less filler. 

I don't understand this idea that you are somehow being short changed or sky are being bastards because you can't get a replay of the race in 4k on a Wednesday afternoon as you sit in the park looking at your phone. 

10 minutes ago, Sidewaysbob said:

Sky F1 showed all of the indy car season this year. And they do show the classic that they have rights to. 

Plus they show a fair chunk of the British GT series. 

Sure there is a lot of filler and repeat stuff. But I'm pretty happy with the content these days. 

I remember the days of the BBC showing a half hour highlight package on a Sunday evening with Murray walker and James hunt shouting down a phone line. These days it's wall to wall coverage on a race weekend. Highlights and analysis on a Monday and Tuesday. 

Next year with a gazillion races there's going to be a lot less filler. 

I don't understand this idea that you are somehow being short changed or sky are being bastards because you can't get a replay of the race in 4k on a Wednesday afternoon as you sit in the park looking at your phone. 

Monday morning to Friday morning is a wasteland. Prime example is next week, every race this year has their best of highights every day. 4 times per race every day.  Mix that in with interviews and set pieces that they have been rotating in and out for years and you can see why it is frustrating. 

I don't want to watch the Lawnmower racing between the Sky presenters and Ferrari Kimi Raikonnen again, but they still show it multiple times per month!

I'd much prefer them to rebrand as Sky Motorsport. You've got F1, F2, F3, W Series, Indy, Ferrari, Touring Cars. I'm sure they could easily get some other footage in there. That way they can have less of the same repeated BS from F1 and actually have a good amount of content. 

An F1 weekend produces about 6 hours of F1 track action. 4 hours of F2 and maybe an hour of porsche super cup. 

Call it a max of 12 hours adding in red flags and stuff. 

I'm not sure how your going to fill the next 7 days with that content alone. 

You've also got the indy car. 

Your complaining it's already too expensive and yet you want them to buy in more racing series and show it to you over the next week. In 4k 

I think you're being unrealistic in your expectation to be honest. Back in the day MortorsTV had all those dinky little British f3 and formula Renault series and the WEC and they still had to fill it with American dirt racing and other weird shit.