Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

So what do we reckon the excuse will be for Red Bull breaking the budget cap? (And being let off with it)

I reckon it's from Max's medical bills from when Hamilton "almost killed" him

‘It’s called car development FIA’. If it works for safety cars during Max’s asterisk championship I’m sure it’ll work for the cost cap as well whose rules are less black and white.

Because teams like Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes have never gone outside the rules, right? You know, like using sponsor days to get extra track time, or hiding costs in a subsidiary.

21 hours ago, mexos said:

We’re a Maverick team. 🤢

Christian Horner was very clear when he told the BBC "Of course, as an independent team, we don't have OEMs that we can hide behind."

A parent company with turnover of 8 billion Euros last year doesn't count, presumably. 

(edit: to be fair, apparently Mercedes-Benz turned over 169 billion Euros in the same year, so I guess in that sense maybe RBR is the underdog by comparison...)

2 hours ago, merman said:

Because teams like Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes have never gone outside the rules, right? You know, like using sponsor days to get extra track time, or hiding costs in a subsidiary.

Pretty sure McLaren would have a thing or 100million to say about that. Merc got a car thrown out for being 0.2mm out of spec and Ferrari got their usual special treatment with their dodgy engine (anyone not think they were told to bin it on the quiet)?

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12712620/f1-budget-cap-minor-breaches-made-but-all-teams-to-avoid-severe-punishments-for-2021-limits

No Formula 1 team is set to face severe punishment for breaking budget cap regulations last season after only "minor" breaches were made, Sky Sports Newsunderstands.

Every F1 team that complied with the 2021 budget cap regulations - set at $145m - is expected to receive a certificate of compliance on Wednesday.

Nothing to see here.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

So the punishment is that they don’t get a certificate?

Redbull will have an empty frame in the lobby now and when Toto comes round he's going to point and laugh at it. The humiliation for Redbull will be completely unbearable for a whole year. 

#thoughtsandprayersforRedbull

I'm going to assume nothing will happen. It was all a misunderstanding on the rules chaps.  Then I won't be disspaointed when nothing happens  :)

To be honest on a drama level I'd like them to deduct championship points from Red Bull this year to keep the title race exciting. Obviously that won't happen.

Roll on next year when hopefully everyone works out the porpoising and bouncing.   Credit to Red Bull on that. They smashed it on that front and I don't think you can pin that on the budget cap interpretation.

On 04/10/2022 at 16:28, layten said:

Pretty sure McLaren would have a thing or 100million to say about that. Merc got a car thrown out for being 0.2mm out of spec and Ferrari got their usual special treatment with their dodgy engine (anyone not think they were told to bin it on the quiet)?

You’re just making my point for me on the inconsistency of the FIA.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Yeah but Masi is gone and Freitas is much better and won't take shit.

Right?

Leave Freitas out of this!

Probably helps that the race director gets to punch down mind, and the teams have to suck it up...