IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

31 minutes ago, ryodi said:

They haven’t actually cancelled it have they, not holding it in the ‘Current circumstances’ could mean that if Ukraine surrenders the race is back on. I wouldn’t be completely shocked if it’s just rescheduled to later in the season.

That's how I read it too and yeah, that's the sort of shit the FIA have consistently pulled.

4 hours ago, ryodi said:

They haven’t actually cancelled it have they, not holding it in the ‘Current circumstances’ could mean that if Ukraine surrenders the race is back on. I wouldn’t be completely shocked if it’s just rescheduled to later in the season.

Yep, that is my concern. It's a very light touch statement really. No straight up "fuck this shit you're done". Basically so long as Russia "win" quickly maybe we can ignore it and hold the race again. I think a straight up no Russian GP will be considered for X years would be more appropriate. But then when you're racing in some of these places already it's a bit questionable.

Ted on the sky round up last night was saying they may be going to Malaysia or Turkey instead. So I think it's a case of "we're going to be racing that weekend, just not in Russia". 

But yes, the FIA and especially this new fuck nut of a president, may well change their minds if enough money is waved under their nose. 

This twitter thread is really good on how the underfloor aero is working:

And this article has some more about porpoising and which treams are doing well at ocunteracting it and how.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/gary-anderson-is-this-why-mclaren-looks-immune-to-porpoising/

(It's to do with how well they're incuding vortices to seal the floor which is what I guessed, but the diff here is that it's from someone who knows what they;re talking about instead of me taking a punt).

3 hours ago, kiroquai said:

I just received an email from Aston Martin hey wonder what theOH FUCK OFFFFFFF

image.png.d5bb656699eeadbea42e2817031e43df.png

I wonder if I can buy an NFT wheel to turn into an NFT wheel table, I and only I, could then use my phone as a Vettel wheel table. Future autojumbles are going to be quite different.

I made a similar comment in the football thread: What I think should happen if the FIA allow Mazepin to race is that every other driver should refuse to, such that Mazepin is forced to drive the entire race on his own. Might be exciting just to see if he can make it to the end. 

31 minutes ago, merman said:

I fully expect the FIA to go the weasel route and ask him not to compete under the Russian flag.

This was already the case. He wasn't competing under Russia or the Russian flag. He was competing under Russian Automobile Federation. Like how Russians in the Olympics were under Russian Olympic Committee.

He's fucked. I mean even fifa who are as morally questionable as the fia have kicked them out of international football. He has no chance. And he's shit anyway.

I suppose without his sponsor money, Haas have exactly no reasons to keep him anyway. Pietro Fittipaldi will be his replacement?