IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

That was decent from Albon I think, he looked pleased when he got out of the car. I think it was nearly a second ahead of Latifi in Q1 which is roughly Russell territory.

Russell saying they tried something different on the outlap and it destroyed his final lap. He was there or thereabouts with Ham though up until then. No panic yet I think.

Verstappen will probably pull his usual dive, so Le Clerc has to stand his ground to lay down a marker for the year ahead. If contact is made so be it, but probably better for the year ahead to let MV know he can't pull it.

49 minutes ago, mexos said:

I’m just glad it’s not a Red Bull. 😅

Did you catch DC interviewing Max? “You must be disappointed that Mercedes seem to be off the pace.” 

I felt like throughout the 2021 season DC seemed to get more and more uninterested in appearing impartial. Evidently he’s carrying that on into 2022.

The whole Red Bull Racing organisation is just so completely classless. Total absence of any humility or sportsmanship. Utterly toxic team. I genuinely can't think of anything good to say about them, at all, except the objective fact that they've made a few very quick racing cars. 

1 hour ago, Blue said:

George is going to be just fine. He lost a second at T1.

Sam Bird is new to the BBC commentary team this year (replacing Jolyon Palmer as driver-commentator alongside Jack Nicholls in the main chair) and he's really good so far. Very quick to spot what's happening on track - for example he immediately commented that Russell had gone deep at T1, and that the final flying lap would be a write-off, before Russell had even reached T2. 

Interesting that Toto tried to deflect the blame for that mistake on to the team. He said they'd given him bad advice to push too hard on the out lap, and that it was that which meant George's tyres weren't in the right window for the flyer. 

40 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

Did you catch DC interviewing Max? “You must be disappointed that Mercedes seem to be off the pace.” 

I felt like throughout the 2021 season DC seemed to get more and more uninterested in appearing impartial. Evidently he’s carrying that on into 2022.

He's never been impartial, it's just that for 6 years Red Bull weren't competing for a championship so it wasn't quite so obvious, but he's never, ever got a bad word to say about them and carried the same lines about Renault that Horner would spout

2 minutes ago, wev said:

He's never been impartial, it's just that for 6 years Red Bull weren't competing for a championship so it wasn't quite so obvious, but he's never, ever got a bad word to say about them and carried the same lines about Renault that Horner would spout

Yeah I think we're saying the same thing. Obviously he's never been impartial - he's a current RBR employee and he's in business with Christian Horner's brother - but it's like with their boy finally having a race-winning car in the 2021 season, he was emboldened to stop bothering to pretend. 

26 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

The whole Red Bull Racing organisation is just so completely classless. Total absence of any humility or sportsmanship. Utterly toxic team. I genuinely can't think of anything good to say about them, at all, except the objective fact that they've made a few very quick racing cars. 

I’ve no idea how you ended up with that opinion of Red Bull.

Like Vettel not being black flagged for deliberately crashing into Hamilton in Baku in 2017 Max going unpunished for a brake check is one of the most bullshit stewarding decisions of recent years.

11 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

Do sky re show it in full later? Just been reminded I’m going to some planet Earth thing at the O2 and want to watch the whole race spoiler free this evening! 

All I can see is two one hour highlights programme.

Sky is annoyingly shit in terms of showing full race replays (or rather not) considering there’s an entire channel dedicated to a series which only has 20 odd events a year. Something came up so you won’t be back in time to watch it live? Sorry, the earliest option is to get up in the middle of night, cos there’s apparently not room in the busy Formula One channel schedule to replay it on the same day.

Isn't the whole point of sky that you can record anything you want? I don't have a sports or F1 subscription but I do have sky. Is there something that stops you just recording the full face to watch whenever you want?

14 minutes ago, Agent L said:

Isn't the whole point of sky that you can record anything you want? I don't have a sports or F1 subscription but I do have sky. Is there something that stops you just recording the full face to watch whenever you want?

Doesn’t help when you were planning to watch it live.

14 minutes ago, Agent L said:

No idea if this applies in this specific case but coming back again to my totally hypothetical example from upthread - if someone were sharing a family member's Sky Sports login, they wouldn't be able to record it on their own Sky box. In that case they could only watch live in the web player.

An update on my NowTV story that I'm sure you're all interested in. Cancelling my previous offer did enable me to get the 9 months for £20 deal and it even showed up on my account under the My Offers page. However I had to use a different credit card because it wouldn't accept the one I was using with my previous deal. 

Someone earlier was asking about F1 podcasts, I've listened to the following:

F1 Chequered Flag - The best although it's a shame Jolyon Palmer has left. 

Autosport F1 Podcast & The Race F1 Podcast  - By current and former Autosport journalists so fairly similar. Usually has some interesting comments.

WTF1 - Warning YouTubers. Personality based so if you don't like them you won't enjoy it but it's a lot less dry than Autosport podcasts.

Shift F1 - I like the three hosts but it's just dull. They recap the race with some shallow comments and that's it. 

F1 Nation = The official F1 podcast. Plus points are that includes interviews with the drivers but that's balanced out by having Damon Hill providing some of the analysis. 

Flat Chat with Codders - A monthly podcast from F1 magazine. A bit more in depth because it's not focused on the F1 that weekend. 

Presumably, the lack of reruns and on demand is to stop Sky loosing customers (like me) who are willing to fork out for Sky now almost solely due to F1, but if there was a convenient and guaranteed ongoing way to stream and watch it when you want with minimal fuss (F1TV or SkyGo if it had full race replay on demand) would ditch them instantly?  There has to be some benefit to old school Sky with a dish / box etc. even if it’s artificially instigated by their own streaming services shortcomings