IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

On 04/04/2022 at 12:30, Sidewaysbob said:

You know, I'd completely forgotten about that race. says it all really.

Blame the formula. It's a great race in a gt3 car.

On 04/04/2022 at 22:03, ryodi said:

Four DRS zones and two activation points for the race this weekend.

Another Red Bull win then. No one else has their straight line speed.

I fail to see the point of adding DRS zones when the whole idea of the new cars is to allow them to be closer together, it just plays into the hands of the quicker cars.

On 04/04/2022 at 22:52, rafaqat said:

I thought this was cool.   One of the sponsors gives up their spot on the car for a local startup to give it some visibility. I love that idea so much.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/apr/04/mclaren-to-feature-indigenous-start-up-on-cars-at-australian-gp-in-world-first

It’s a great idea, great to see, though the cynic in me also thinks it’s a cheap way to get more TV time for their main sponsors, on a car that’s not quick enough to get the TV time they perhaps expected..

9 hours ago, Corranga said:

I fail to see the point of adding DRS zones when the whole idea of the new cars is to allow them to be closer together, it just plays into the hands of the quicker cars.

The whole idea of the new cars is "Mercedes keeps winning, stop that." And so far they're working as designed. 

1 hour ago, GwiDan said:

You tried setting your alarm?

Absolutely not. Terrible things.

Out of the classics I've still got to do Suzuka and Melbourne (and Interlagos). I'm going to be really annoyed if we get nuked before I can get to them. 

18 minutes ago, mexos said:

Absolutely not. Terrible things.

Out of the classics I've still got to do Suzuka and Melbourne. I'm going to be really annoyed if we get nuked before I can get to them. 

Cue 3 page discussion about which races count as classics. 

33 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Cue 3 page discussion about which races count as classics. 

Well if you insist:

Purist classics:

Suzuka

Monaco

Silverstone

Monza 

Spa

On my list I would also add:

Melbourne

Interlagos 

Montreal

Hockenheim

The rest are circuits that will come and go and I wouldn't really cry about losing any of them.  

Tickets for the Singapore GP go on sale in just under two hours. I’m torn on where best to sit though as for the first time I plan to take my two kids (6 and 8 yrs) with me, so considering more than just where the best on track action is likely to be (eg will the bigger grandstands have a better atmosphere, or better view of the fireworks) 

Has anyone been before? Any recommendations?

It's the C2, 3 and 5 tyres this weekend, which should make for some interesting strategy calls and there's talk of trialing an increase in the pit lane speed. 

Difficult to see past a Leclerc win, with Max second,  with a fair wind and a bit of luck a Merc in third to keep the championship interesting. 

I think the new track layout is going to spice the overtaking up (especially with all those DRS zones" but there are enough twisty bits for the Ferrari to hold the Redbull off.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

So quali 7am and race start 6am. Who's watching live? I hope to make it. 😴 

It's been a while, but these are my favourite.  Watch amazing live sport followed by actually be able to spend a day with my family rather than F1 taking the whole afternoon.

That said, I can't make it out of bed for 7am at the best of times!

I’m excited about having a ‘normal’ race start time. It’s a 1pm start here, which means I can watch it with the kids, so they’re super excited - especially now I’ve told them we have tickets for their first live race later this year. 

Not sure my wife is too happy mind. It’s been a while since F1 has disrupted family weekends as races are usually 10pm-ish here. 

1 hour ago, Bushtopher said:

which means I can watch it with the kids, so they’re super excited

I was watching the F2 feature race from Bahrain last night (I'm a little behind).  My 8 year old daughter came home from her Kobudo lesson right at the end:

"Data, how many laps are left"

"None"

"So is it finished then"

"Yes"

"yaaay, woo hoo, amazing, woooo, yaaaayy"

Then she went to her bedroom or the toilet or something and returned about 5 minutes later, I was watching the podium.
"why is the racing so long, it's so boooring, *sigh*"

😧

Mercedes have to be praying that their Imola update works or they aren’t going to win anything this season. It looks like another Max v Charles battle this weekend unless Sainz finds something.

Mercedes have to be praying that their Imola update works or they aren’t going to win anything this season. It looks like another Max v Charles battle this weekend unless Sainz finds something.

BRB.

image.png.67491baaaed0a8ecebc3cfce9a9d7499.png

23 hours ago, Blue said:

So quali 7am and race start 6am. Who's watching live? I hope to make it. 😴 

I will be! 1am for me though….

Hope the new changes to the track work, I’m the minority in not liking it. 

2 hours ago, ryodi said:

Or Perez.