IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

40 minutes ago, mexos said:

He needs to make bank before McLaren drop him. :mellow:

I thought his Renault stint had already paid for that, I doubt he’s on anything like the money Renault paid him at McLaren.

1 hour ago, GwiDan said:

Lechuck was robbed last night. 350k watch off his wrist. Presumably you’d struggle to fence something like that. 

Though quite likely targeted/stolen to order by someone who already knows where it’s going, unless just an opportunistic crackhead who sold it to the Italian version of Cash Convertors for five Euros.

2 hours ago, GwiDan said:

Lechuck was robbed last night. 350k watch off his wrist. Presumably you’d struggle to fence something like that. 

Problem with Richard Mille watches is they're so distinctive and so well known for being mega expensive.

Lando got his one taken from him at/outside a football match last year, I seem to remember.

This may be the stupidest thing I've ever seen in F1 ever. 

image.png.c7dde144d0cad613bfa0222b6bb46952.png

Yachts by the circuit in a paddling pool. The circuit is about 8 miles from the sea and they are bringing them all in on flatbeds.

16 hours ago, Blue said:

Nasty, I hope he wasn't hurt. No doubt a pretty traumatic experience.

The story I read said that he didn't actually notice the theft at the time. 

I would imagine one way it could work is if the thief came up and pretended to be a big fan. Distract him by looking him right in the face and talking excitedly about how brilliant he is, while grasping his hands in an overenthusiastic handshake (probably double-handed). Then just undo the clasp and slide it off over his hand while you're 'releasing' the handshake, and get away before the victim notices. 

Nonetheless, I would think it would mess you up a bit. If someone can get close enough to do that, what else could they have done, etc. 

14 hours ago, JohnC said:

For a brief moment, I thought the bits the other side were water too. That'd be something. Go off and drown.

It would certainly solve the track limit issue.

So a possible 34 points to be earned this weekend with 25+8+1 for race win, sprint win and fastest lap. Pole position, for the record books, will be awarded to the fastest in qualifying, even though the sprint race might not see them in pole position for the full race.

With the shorter sprint format, both redbulls should make the flag on Saturday at least. 

All the teams will have their first big upgrades this weekend. It'll be interesting to see how close Mercedes can get to the front, and if McLaren can overtake them. 

2 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Wowsers. Imagine that in the race. 

Thankfully for them it's looking like a dry race so they should be ok.

The W13 looks an absolute pig. Doesn’t look Merc have managed to sort out much on it.

Certainly it looks like they’ve got these regulations horribly wrong. Wondering if they’ll end up going back to the B-Spec W13.