IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

Mercedes struggling has kinda taken the spotlight off Sainz having a sneakily horrible start to the year. Charles is bossing him and he's now made a crucial error for the second race weekend in a row.

1 minute ago, GwiDan said:

FFS, I completely forgot this was a sprint weekend and I’ve missed everything right up to the current red flag. What’s going on?

Rain, 4 red flags, both Mercs out in Q2, you've made it for the finale.

1 minute ago, GwiDan said:

FFS, I completely forgot this was a sprint weekend and I’ve missed everything right up to the current red flag. What’s going on?

Merc are shit.  Actually looks like a spicy grid

3 minutes ago, GwiDan said:

Sainz has binned it again, Mercedes are going backwards and the race director waited for Max to complete his fastest lap before throwing the red flag in Q3.  Also it’s hard to argue with this

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

Rain, 4 5 red flags, both Mercs out in Q2, you've made it for the finale.

Great qualy, great grid. Kmag in 4th, Lando 3rd.

37 minutes ago, Matt Defis said:

Looking like this could be advantage Norris, he's pretty good in the rain, provided he's not on slicks and leading a race. 

Oh dear.    :D

Just now, kiroquai said:

Either these cars are really difficult to drive in the wet, Pirelli have produced a lemon of an intermediate tyre or a whole bunch of drivers are having a really scruffy day.

All of them keep hitting that white line at Mineral Water

1 minute ago, kiroquai said:

Either these cars are really difficult to drive in the wet, Pirelli have produced a lemon of an intermediate tyre or a whole bunch of drivers are having a really scruffy day.

All the drivers who ended up where Lando crashed touched the white line so I think it’s more driver error than anything to do with the cars or tyres. 

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

Unrest in the house of Merc with Toto and Lewis exchanging words.

I’m not surprised. The rumour throughout all of last season was that Merc had skewed their R&D budget to this year’s car at the expense of last year’s, and it looks like they’ve totally ballsed it. Haven’t seen a team go from having a decent car to such a bad one since…was it Honda who screwed up their wind tunnel data and had a dog of a car the entire season ?

That was the "Earth Car" wasn't it?

Red Bulls 2014 car wasnt great but was better than the Merc, Williams' 98 car wasn't good even before the rebadged Renault iirc

3 minutes ago, wev said:

That was the "Earth Car" wasn't it?

Red Bulls 2014 car wasnt great but was better than the Merc, Williams' 98 car wasn't good even before the rebadged Renault iirc

Can’t remember which livery it was but we can pinpoint it by looking at their constructors championships finishes through the mid/late 2000s :)

Aside from that one, the biggest falls from grace have usually come when a team loses an engine supplier, which hasn’t happened to Merc, or a design wizard, which I’m in the dark about. No wonder Horner dropped the complaints he made about the Merc design during testing.

Their main engine guy Andy Cowell left last year and a good chunk of the Mercedes engine staff have moved to Red Bull PowerTrains. But on the aero side as far as I know everyone is still their from last season and it looks like the car is just a bad concept that due to the cost cap they aren't going to be able to spend the money required to fix. The Ferrari purpoises just as much down the straight but settles down when going into a corner whereas the Mercedes is so unstable it remains unbalanced so unless they can find something in the upgrades they can afford third place in the constructors is probably the best the team can hope for and poor Russell has arrived at the wrong time just like Danny Ric did when he moved to Red Bull.