IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

First time I really watched that crash was in the Senna movie and it upset me pretty badly. I avoid watching bad shit for a reason and didn't expect to see it like that. 

It was pretty obvious that he'd died in don't know why it just was. 

Rubens has been kicking about for a while too as he had a bad one that weekend too. 

RIP

On 30/04/2022 at 13:24, Shimmyhill said:

R.I.P. Roland, how is it 28 years ago 😱

Apparently that harbour at the Miami circuit is even more artificial than we realised, they've lifted the boats in (which we gathered) but there's no water, it's a tarp 😂

1 hour ago, mexos said:

Some strange language in the article (from the interviewee that is)

"And our two premium brands think that's the right thing to do, and are prioritising it."

What exactly are Bentley and Lamborghini if Porsche and Audi are their two premium brands?

I first thought it might be "two of our" rather than "our two", but later, it says:

"But our premium brands say that's the most important lever...."

Also:

“They [Audi] are moving into the higher segments, into competition with Daimler, and then Audi will also have a case where they say that makes sense."

Daimler!?  Is this simply don't mention the real name of a competitor?!

Since the speculation is growing now, does "F1 entry for Porsche and Audi" mean 1 or 2 teams?

F1 always needs another manufacturer regardless, so good new if indeed it does come off.

To be fair, Porsche is solid gold motorsport royalty and Audi have pretty good recent form in sports car racing. Lamborghini don't really have a history of competition and Bentley's is ancient history.

33 minutes ago, layten said:

To be fair, Porsche is solid gold motorsport royalty and Audi have pretty good recent form in sports car racing. Lamborghini don't really have a history of competition and Bentley's is ancient history.

Bentley have a recent successful history at Le Man…..

1 hour ago, layten said:

You're drawing parallels between motorsport and now, I don't think this is important.

F1, for the VAG group will be essentially, exactly as it is to Mercedes, a marketing tool.  Previous history need not apply.  The article talks of netflix and younger viewers for F1, it's all about the exposure.

I expect the answer to why Audi and Porsche is simply that Audi, and (to a lesser extent) Porsche are both higher volume manufacturers than the others I mentioned, but I find it strange that they chose to ignore the other premium VAG brands in the interview (rather than anything directly related to F1)

59 minutes ago, Blue said:

Rumours abound that Latifi will be replaced mid-season by Piastri. Hope that comes true.

"makes sense. Piastri is an Alpine academy driver (everyone knows that), and Latifi's just crashed this season, pretty much."

What a great video, seems a pretty genuine guy with nice enthusiasm which is cool, and he's obviously trying despite not knowing much about F1, and I think he's right, it does look like a pretty cool track. Pretty sure he's got the track backwards though as the grid slots point the other way (and the corner numbers count down through the video :D)

Interesting setting, and crazy fake water included, screams Miami at me and hopefully will lead to some really nice shots over the weekend, it doesn't look or feel like a street / car park circuit, which is cool.  I think some of the sections will look great from onboards too.

Of course, it'll only be good if it can produce some nice racing! 

24 minutes ago, Corranga said:

What a great video, seems a pretty genuine guy with nice enthusiasm which is cool, and he's obviously trying despite not knowing much about F1, and I think he's right, it does look like a pretty cool track. Pretty sure he's got the track backwards though as the grid slots point the other way (and the corner numbers count down through the video :D)

I agree, watched his video yesterday and told him to do Vegas next year. The YouTube F1 community are quite nice, so he’s in good hands 

22 hours ago, Corranga said:

Some strange language in the article (from the interviewee that is)

"And our two premium brands think that's the right thing to do, and are prioritising it."

What exactly are Bentley and Lamborghini if Porsche and Audi are their two premium brands?

I first thought it might be "two of our" rather than "our two", but later, it says:

"But our premium brands say that's the most important lever...."

I think you're reading far far too much into these words.

This is essentially "we have to always call them 'premium brands' if not referring to them by name". References to them as a collection doesn't necessarily constitute the whole set of specifically exclude anything.

And it's someone who's first language isn't English.

Although maybe they call Bently and Lamborghini their "Luxury brands" instead. Or "silly money" brands.

3 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

Although maybe they call Bently and Lamborghini their "Luxury brands" instead. Or "silly money" brands.

This is likely to be exactly it.

Volume brands:
Skoda, Seat, VW
Premium brands:

Audi, Porsche
Luxury brands:
Bentley, Lamborghini
First against the wall come the revolution brands:
Bugatti
Bikes? Really?:
Ducati.

And calling Merc "Daimler" is odd, but the Company is, and has always been* Daimler-Benz. Mercedes-Benz is their brand.

*Apart from the 10 or so years of "DaimlerChrysler" but they don't like to talk about that.

5 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

I thought it read odd and was worth discussion, I didn’t read all that much into it, perhaps if I did, I’d have realised it wasn’t really worth much of a discussion 🤣

I guess I shouldn’t expect any less but with F1 in Miami today, they all being pimped out. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pumped for a good weekend but….this is kinda gross. And it’s only Wednesday. 

Miami opening party airing now.

On 03/05/2022 at 13:24, thesnwmn said:

This is essentially "we have to always call them 'premium brands' if not referring to them by name". References to them as a collection doesn't necessarily constitute the whole set of specifically exclude anything.

And it's someone who's first language isn't English.

Makes sense. And I guess the real answer for the choices to put on the F1 cars is that Audi and Porsche have much more potential for getting sales boosted as a result.