Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

Same with Gasly, they're both good drivers, both showing they can be a number 1 for a smaller team but don't have the strength that comes with maturity to sit as number 2 to someone like Max, RBR should have always gone with an older driver to partner Verstappen

46 minutes ago, wev said:

Same with Gasly, they're both good drivers, both showing they can be a number 1 for a smaller team but don't have the strength that comes with maturity to sit as number 2 to someone like Max, RBR should have always gone with an older driver to partner Verstappen

Dunno, I think they were both simply dropped in the shark tank far too early and were damaged. Being paired and compared to an alien and expected to be within a few tenths of him. When let’s face it most of the grid of the time would struggle to do that. 

But now they are getting development time and are hey presto they are delivering. I’m pretty sure Gasly would be getting more out of that RB than Perez is. Give Albon an extra season and he’s going to be there or thereabouts too imo. 

I think Perez is a special case too. He was all washed up. And here he is with a few extra, unexpected seasons in a race winning car. He won the lottery so to speak. He knows his place so very well. He’s not there to challenge for a championship. That’s a mindset of an experienced, pragmatic driver, not a young un that still believes he’s as good as anyone. How many other drivers would accept their place just as well as Perez has? I don’t think that many are kicking around.

Would Gasly now that he’s more experienced accept playing second fiddle now in exchange for a few more career wins. Bet he would.

I think Red Bull are sneakily a bit happy that the team with the car challenging them most is Ferrari, because there's always the realistic chance that Ferrari will go off and spend a bunch of time and budget developing a sandwich or a rear wing that gets put on for one practice session, is awful and is never seen again. Red Bull have apparently been burning through their dev budget at quite the rate already and Ferrari do have a whole bunch left, but it remains to be seen if they actually use it effectively.

1 hour ago, kiroquai said:

I think Red Bull are sneakily a bit happy that the team with the car challenging them most is Ferrari, because there's always the realistic chance that Ferrari will go off and spend a bunch of time and budget developing a sandwich or a rear wing that gets put on for one practice session, is awful and is never seen again. Red Bull have apparently been burning through their dev budget at quite the rate already and Ferrari do have a whole bunch left, but it remains to be seen if they actually use it effectively.

Ferrari is blatantly using Haas to develop new parts with that annexe they’ve given them at their main factory.  

Now I want a sandwich. 

On 28/04/2022 at 23:09, mexos said:

I know it’s the wrong attitude but I kind of want this race ‘event’ to be a bit of a lemon. A watered down fyre festival if you will. I don’t want F1 to take off in the US.

Best case scenario it’s a bit of an organisational shambles and all the influencers slam it so the vegas promoters get cold feet. 

👀

I think the follow up tweet raises a key point, the obsession the TV directors seem to have with fan shots and avoiding the action. Not sure it would have done much to rescue the race but the TV direction isn't great at the moment.

Anyone know what the deal with streaming was with this race?  I watch the Sky broadcast via Now TV usually, but I was out Sunday night and wanted to watch on demand when I got home, but it didn't show up until sometime on Monday morning.  I ended up watching the C4 highlights.

(Edit - is it just a timing thing?  I.e. they always only show up on on-demand x hours after the race, but this time I basically wanted to watch it as soon as the race was over?)

So I love the technical side of F1 as much as the actual racing itself.  What podcasts are out there that talk the tech side of F1 (things like development and problems each time are having).

7 hours ago, Fretnoise said:

Anyone know what the deal with streaming was with this race?  I watch the Sky broadcast via Now TV usually, but I was out Sunday night and wanted to watch on demand when I got home, but it didn't show up until sometime on Monday morning.  I ended up watching the C4 highlights.

(Edit - is it just a timing thing?  I.e. they always only show up on on-demand x hours after the race, but this time I basically wanted to watch it as soon as the race was over?)

Yup, sky doesn’t put the full race in ‘on demand’ for at least a day - sometimes more. It’s inconsistent. I’ve come up against this when on hols where I miss the race and end up running the tightrope of fucking up and finding out the race results before I get to watch it.

As someone new to NOW TV this season I've learnt that they sometimes name the programmes incorrectly as well. This week the full unedited qualifying was called "Qualifying Highlights" and a couple of weeks ago qualifying was called "Practice 3". <_<

Seb seems to genuinely want to make a difference.

Despite all the fingers shite when he won with Red Bull all the time, I can't help but like and respect the guy now.

None of the other drivers are doing shit like this, except when it's a massive PR stunt. This doesn't smell like that.

Hankering after some F1? These 2022 historical car races have been great. Seems you can pass at Monaco, you just have to make the cars smaller. 1973-76 cars race just about to start. The drivers take it pretty seriously too, which is nice.

Charles Leclerc has just fucked it and put his historic Ferrari in the wall. Looks like he was pushing it a bit considering it’s just parade laps

He probably asked himself, what would Niki do? Coast around in second gear or rag it? 

The value probably just went up since he crashed it too. :lol:

Indeed, it’s nice to see drivers push the car hard despite their historic prestige. 

He looked a bit frustrated with himself afterwards, understandably so.