Jump to content
IGNORED

Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live


T Pot
 Share

Recommended Posts

Perez is about to get the full Mark Webber treatment. He’s going to be moved over against this season If Max is behind him and RB are not going to bother hiding the favouritism. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Matt Defis said:

So we agreed the mercs looking like they're on the right track. 


Yes but Russell was still losing a second a lap to Max and Charles before Max had his off and let’s be honest if Max had working DRS he’d have overtaken Russell as easily as Perez did. 
 

How do you know Hamilton had a mega driver?
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ryodi said:


Yes but Russell was still losing a second a lap to Max and Charles before Max had his off and let’s be honest if Max had working DRS he’d have overtaken Russell as easily as Perez did. 
 

How do you know Hamilton had a mega driver?
 

 

 

As always. Don't bother reading the comments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, ryodi said:


Yes but Russell was still losing a second a lap to Max and Charles before Max had his off and let’s be honest if Max had working DRS he’d have overtaken Russell as easily as Perez did. 
 

How do you know Hamilton had a mega driver?
 

 

That's depressing, he came from the back, hope can you deny he didn't absolutely smash it,  would have been nice to see what Lewis and K Magg could have done remaining at the front. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Monaco next week is going to be a real spectacle. Dragging these over-powered lumps around that place is going to be spectacular.

 

Not quite sure how much of a step Merc made this weekend. Binotto didn’t seem to think they were much closer to the front when asked about fifteen minutes ago. Hard to tell really, but if the car is a little easier to drive now it should allow them to work better on their setups each weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I think Merc are where they expected to be (performance wise, not relative to the rest of the grid) at the first race so now they've got to try and get it dialled in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Merc were telling Lewis he was 55 seconds back at one point and finished 40 odd behind and would have been in for the fight for the win, but they are of course ignoring that both Max and Sergio will have turned the motors down as they were far enough ahead with no threat from behind.
 

George’s pace was good but not a match for the Red Bull, you have to ignore the time he lost defending for lap after lap of course as defending is at the sacrifice of lap times.

 

The takeaway for me was that the Merc was quick down the straights but I think their struggle previously was more about settling the car through and after high speed corners.  The high speed bits of Catalonia are straights with lower speed sections filtering them so perhaps it’s also that the track suited the car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The car isn't bouncing like a pogo stick at the end of any straight bit. So it's got to be more settled as it goes into the corner. So they're carrying more speed through the corners. 

But it's a good 5-10 mph down on power. Which isn't insurmountable 

 

But the big takeaway is that they dialled the car in, and kept it in the fast window all weekend. 

 

Now the stability might have come at the expense of cooling, with both cars pushing the limit and ultimately Lewis losing points because the car was seconds from going pop. They are not going to be challenging for any wins soon. 

 

And Monaco is going to be an absolute shit fest. These cars a big and slow and heavy. It's going to be a procession with red flags, safety cars and restarts galore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Plenty of data now on what tyre wear will be like with a car sitting at a ride height they intended and not hopping down the straights.  I'm hopeful that means they can now start looking at performance upgrades and analysis rather than fixing porpoising which will have dominated more or less all their brain p[power.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Such a shame for Charles, but what a class act. Great race that had everything. George showing that he's made of the right stuff and a great fight back from Lewis and Mercedes. It's going to be great to have them messing with RB and Ferrari's plans at the front. Sainz very disappointing yet again and Ric' still all washed up. It's going to be a great season-long fight and it's not too late for Merc to add to the excitement. Can't wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, taurusnipple said:

Ok, many of you may HATE this, but I don’t like George. I’m willing a podium away from him. I apologize. 

 He's arrogant, ruthless, aggressive, pathologically ambitious and supremely selfish. So the full-house of top qualities in the best drivers then, why don't you like him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to say, I've been surprise at how well he's done so far.

I will temper that a bit by saying, I think Lewis is only just getting over what happened at the end of last year. And the new FIA wet bag of shit presidents sudden crusade on jewelry is probably enough of an irritant to put Lewis off his stride. 

 

But, fairs fair, George has got in the car, delivered the points on offer, not complained (or rather not been seen or heard to be complaining - the FIA and FOM still not sure if they like him or not), and been feisty but fair when racing.  I'm still not convinced he's the second coming, but I like his style. 

 

I still think Lando is a better driver though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blue said:

 He's arrogant, ruthless, aggressive, pathologically ambitious and supremely selfish. So the full-house of top qualities in the best drivers then, why don't you like him?


I’ve seen a lot of his social media the last couple of years, he’s made off hand comments which certainly are arrogant but he’s an out of touch, rich boy. Is he talented? Absolutely. Zero charisma and I think he hates regular people (benefit of the doubt, not many would like the status of being stopped in the street for pictures) I also understand  there’s a lot of George fans but I also think there’s 15 more likable drivers in the grid 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was joking with some others about him yesterday after DiResta labelled him a "big personality", we came to the conclusion that he probably uses terms like "fudge" then immediately apologises for his harsh language.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, taurusnipple said:


I’ve seen a lot of his social media the last couple of years, he’s made off hand comments which certainly are arrogant but he’s an out of touch, rich boy. Is he talented? Absolutely. Zero charisma and I think he hates regular people (benefit of the doubt, not many would like the status of being stopped in the street for pictures) I also understand  there’s a lot of George fans but I also think there’s 15 more likable drivers in the grid 😊

Yeah, he's a bit of a dick for sure. Curious to know which 4 drivers you find less likeable. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My main problem with GR is that, kinda like Josef Newgarden in IndyCar, he's just... bland. He always speaks like he's thinking of the best PR way to phrase his comments. Norris, Albon and Leclerc, who I count as his contemporaries, all have somewhat quirky, interesting natures whilst GR really doesn't.

 

Great driver, mind. Hopefully we will get more time to see his race craft at the front. Yesterday I thought he passed with flying colours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, wev said:

Was joking with some others about him yesterday after DiResta labelled him a "big personality", we came to the conclusion that he probably uses terms like "fudge" then immediately apologises for his harsh language.

Thought how “English” George sounded when replying to the misinformation that Perez was on a 1 stop “blimey”. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Thought how “English” George sounded when replying to the misinformation that Perez was on a 1 stop “blimey”. 

Quite.  In stark contrast to ranty toddler Max shouting about his DRS.  One of these drivers was not brought up by Jos Verstappen... :D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

My main problem with GR is that, kinda like Josef Newgarden in IndyCar, he's just... bland. He always speaks like he's thinking of the best PR way to phrase his comments. Norris, Albon and Leclerc, who I count as his contemporaries, all have somewhat quirky, interesting natures whilst GR really doesn't.

 

Great driver, mind. Hopefully we will get more time to see his race craft at the front. Yesterday I thought he passed with flying colours.

Yeah he's very much of the late 90s/early 00s mould

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But then, he could have ranted about Williams being shit, but always stuck up for the team and the crew. 

He could have ranted about the lost win in Bahrain when merc fucked up the pit stop, but he kept his mouth shut and thanked them for giving him the chance. 

 

I don't think he's bland, I just think he appreciated the position he's in and knows he has so much to lose of he gets all mouthy like Max does. 

Also, I really don't think he's arrogant. No more than any other driver I've met in F1. They all tend to be a bit standoffish. It's what makes them winners. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't care a jot about any driver's personality, only what they can do on track and in that regard I think, George, Lewis, Max and Charles are in a league of their own. How brilliant then that we might well get to see them all duking it out for the rest of the season. That's all I care about and may the best driver win, arsehole or not. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sidewaysbob said:

But then, he could have ranted about Williams being shit, but always stuck up for the team and the crew. 

He could have ranted about the lost win in Bahrain when merc fucked up the pit stop, but he kept his mouth shut and thanked them for giving him the chance. 

 

I don't think he's bland, I just think he appreciated the position he's in and knows he has so much to lose of he gets all mouthy like Max does. 

Also, I really don't think he's arrogant. No more than any other driver I've met in F1. They all tend to be a bit standoffish. It's what makes them winners. 


I think he’s just been playing the game. His mission in life so far had been to convince Toto to give him a crack in the Merc. He clearly has been watching how Lewis conducts himself (regarding talking about the team) and has simply followed a similar path. If that is bland but helps him get where he needs to be then so be it.

 

Sunday was a great preview of what is to come from him. That was Alonso level defensive driving imo. Ruthless minus a few percent. I was impressed.

 

Almost as impressed as I was with Lewis. To get it up to 4th and with proper pace.. yeah that was pretty bloody impressive.

 

Monaco could actually be good you never know. 3 teams, 5 drivers in with a proper shout of pole. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sidewaysbob said:

Indeed. I never warmed to Schumacher or Alonso, but I absolutely know they were/are special drivers that deserve my attention. 


I wasn’t a huge fan of Vettel until he started speaking about current affairs rather than complaining about other drivers. Now I think he’s great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mexos said:


I think he’s just been playing the game. His mission in life so far had been to convince Toto to give him a crack in the Merc. He clearly has been watching how Lewis conducts himself (regarding talking about the team) and has simply followed a similar path. If that is bland but helps him get where he needs to be then so be it.

 

Sunday was a great preview of what is to come from him. That was Alonso level defensive driving imo. Ruthless minus a few percent. I was impressed.

 

Almost as impressed as I was with Lewis. To get it up to 4th and with proper pace.. yeah that was pretty bloody impressive.

 

Monaco could actually be good you never know. Imagine 5 drivers being in with a proper shout of pole. 

 Which 5 did you have in mind?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.