Formula One - 2022 - Rllmuk League is live

T Pot

38 minutes ago, wev said:

Lol Christian Horners crying about the budget cap, saying teams will have to miss races and yet the "smaller teams" he's claiming will be most affected are saying "well, actually..."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61551759

Wonder if they’ve burnt through most of the cap already and it’s going to start to bite them at some point?

15 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

Wonder if they’ve burnt through most of the cap already and it’s going to start to bite them at some point?

Watch as all the Merc teams veto that shit.

Mercedes and McLaren are for the increase, Aston Martin would "agree with it in line with inflation but nothing more", Williams are apparently against it.

Ferrari are for it too, but Binoto was making some noise about providing documentation about Red Bulls spending to the FIA.

Horner has mentioned energy bills, but I read somewhere that that's not included in the cap, but freight apparently is.

I'm wondering if there's the possibility that freight could be discluded from the budget cap as it's nothing to do with development? But then you'd get teams taking the piss and flying even more stuff out at short notice I suppose.

14 hours ago, MrPogo said:

Member of the Red Bull pit crew boarding the flight to Monaco because his baggage allowance has been taken up with a new DRS flap: 

E4458C87-DE11-4074-8A49-AEEC705F72AB.jpeg

I once did that with my snowboard gear (inc armour) so I could skip a checked bag for a long weekend trip. Went through security wearing all of it - inc the boots. It worked but I can't recommend it as a strategy.

12 hours ago, layten said:

Kimi is off to turn left.

I read something about this. The team are going to be running an extra car numbered 91 at a handful of races, giving the seat to an different driver from other disciplines each time. 

Nice minimalist design with the sponsor logos in white. Shame he mentions the ‘’protective and healing power of crystal’ ’ in his Instagram post, I thought Hamilton was above that kind of quackery. 

Mercedes are all bouncy again, at a race where people were saying they should be strong because of low speed corner stability

Crofty: Christian Horners with us.

Um. When isn't he? Sky need to start paying him as he's there more often than Brundle.

Last week was Binotto and previous weeks had Seidl, Zak Brown, Vasseur and Steiner as the featured team boss. 🤷‍♂️

Ricciardo drives another nail into his F1 coffin.

Of course, there is always the possibility that Lando is just bloody good. And Ricky is still quite good.

Anyway. Whoever gets pole and doesn't fuck up the start has got this won.  There will be ZERO over taking this year.

And LeClerc first posts exactly the same time as Perez, then takes 4 tenths off.

Rain tomorrow though, so Charles is definitely crashing.

Though the Red Bull looks a bit of a handful, whilst the Mercedes looks horrible