Jump to content
IGNORED

Last Of Us - 2022 Remake (careful with spoilers Plz)


Capwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Fucking shocking state of affairs that this £70 tarted-up PS3 game (of which there is already a perfectly fine, frequently free, tarted-up version) doesn’t fold in TLOU2 mechanics to make it barely arguably worth the investment.

 

No joke, let’s all of us, cunts of RLLMUK, boycott the shite out of this game. Jim Ryan is a clart, we’re all agreed. Let’s let them know with our wallets. Don’t none of you cunts dare buckle when this shite comes out :quote: ✊🏻 

 

Easy. I didn't even like the original.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/01/2022 at 13:02, Thor said:

THEY'RE REMAKING MASS EFFECT 1?!?!?!?!?

 

While playing the colossal missed opportunity that is Mass Effect 1 in the Legendary Edition, I couldn't help thinking how successful ME1 would be as a dimly-lit, shadowy sci-fi horror game, particularly Feros and Noveria. Done properly, those levels could be terrifying. As it stands, they're just a bit creepy.

 

Just realized all 5 planets you visit in the campaign have at least one R in their name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

 

While playing the colossal missed opportunity that is Mass Effect 1 in the Legendary Edition, I couldn't help thinking how successful ME1 would be as a dimly-lit, shadowy sci-fi horror game, particularly Feros and Noveria. Done properly, those levels could be terrifying. As it stands, they're just a bit creepy.

 

Just realized all 5 planets you visit in the campaign have at least one R in their name.

Aye, Noveria in a particular, with the rachni, would make for a great Aliens type encounter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

No joke, let’s all of us, cunts of RLLMUK, boycott the shite out of this game. Jim Ryan is a clart, we’re all agreed. Let’s let them know with our wallets. Don’t none of you cunts dare buckle when this shite comes out :quote: ✊🏻 

 

Totally reading this in Billy Butcher's voice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe putting in the move set from Last of Us II breaks the level design and would need a lot more work than people realise. I can’t imagine they haven’t thought about it and tested it out.

 

It’s not my favourite game, but I do think the clunkiness of the first game added to the tension, whereas II is so much slicker and fluid and you can see how the encounters are designed around that.

 

The real sticking point is still £70. People need to stand up to that as much as they can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, as long as they don't crow-bar in any musical numbers into it I'm okay with it existing I guess. I don't think I'll be playing it any time soon, but...

 

...oh man, those fucking musical bits in LoU2 were soul-destroying.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, JPL said:

Maybe putting in the move set from Last of Us II breaks the level design and would need a lot more work than people realise. I can’t imagine they haven’t thought about it and tested it out.

 

It’s not my favourite game, but I do think the clunkiness of the first game added to the tension, whereas II is so much slicker and fluid and you can see how the encounters are designed around that.

 

The real sticking point is still £70. People need to stand up to that as much as they can.

Well that’s the point isn’t it - for £70 people were expecting a full redesign of the gameplay and level design to incorporate the move set from LOU pt II. Had they positioned it at £50 with a £10 upgrade fee for owners of the original I doubt there would be this controversy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Well that’s the point isn’t it - for £70 people were expecting a full redesign of the gameplay and level design to incorporate the move set from LOU pt II. Had they positioned it at £50 with a £10 upgrade fee for owners of the original I doubt there would be this controversy. 

Yeah sorry, that was sort of my point. I probably didn’t word it too well having just woken up though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/06/2022 at 20:09, squirtle said:

last-of-us-remake-tess.thumb.jpg.f16a29a221a534f65256f1b6839ee52b.jpg

 

That shows the improvements off far better. 

 

 

Still not worth £70, though.

The character seems to have doubled in age?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Purin said:

The character seems to have doubled in age?

Or maybe they just made Tess more age appropriate for Joel. 

 

The recent vid with the devs talking about the changes has sold me on this. It's looking great. While it clearly doesn't include everything Part II has in terms of gameplay options, it's definitely more than just a lick of paint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey remember the last time there was a Naughty Dog leak and some nob on here starting going on about some main character being Trans because her arms were bigger than his then linked to a altright YouTube thumbnail of the key plot 180 and spoilered the whole game for me. I do.
 

So fuck Last of Us leaks and hang tight I guess. This is day one on PlayStation Gamepass for me tho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Probably just using TLOU2 assets and couldn't be bothered making them younger to match the first game.

 

Spoiler

She's not in TLOU2 though...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm buying it as well. Haven't played it since 2013 and fancy playing it again so why not play the version that looks best, has improved AI and the PS5 bells and whistles?
If you don't think that's worth 70 bucks then don't buy it. It's your money, just like my money is mine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, K said:

People really seem to have it in for this remake. I get that it's expensive, and if improved visuals aren't a big enough draw for people then that's fair enough, but I find the sheer venom levelled at it quite surprising. People seem to be trying to demonstrrate that the visuals are actually a downgrade as well, which I find even more surprising given that they look absolutely great to me.


Yep, the idea that this remake looks worse is laughable. Can’t wait for it personally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, the PS5 version is clearly the best looking, how is that even a question? Much denser environments with better lighting and physics, more detailed characters with better animation, better transitions, motion matching, higher resolution. 

Also, ND deserves all the credit for their absolutely insane accessibilty options. Certainly the gold standard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's just the price for me. I love the idea of The Last of Us being this big blockbuster series that all looks amazing, and the remake really does look amazing. Miss the old colour palette? Well I've got good news for you that game already looks great when you play the PS4 Pro version on PS5. This remake is there to tie everything into TLOU2 and have this flagship series all looking at the same level and (hopefully) playing as well too. 

 

But £70 is just pure greed. There's 0 justification for it outside of "we want your seventy pounds." I was happy to pay it for Demon's Souls because I had a shiny new toy, wanted something shiny for it, and the original Demon's looked like ass. I'm verging on happy to pay it for God of War Ragnarok, a new game built from the ground up that I know I'll get a new experience and value from. But that much money during a cost of living crisis for a game that doesn't include the multiplayer portion of TLOU1 is frankly disgusting and has justifiably left a bad taste in people's mouths. 

 

The PS5 is an absolutely incredible console with a whole raft of great (and in Returnal GOAT worthy) exclusives but it sucks that Sony have basically turned anything good they're doing on it into a "yeah but SEVENTY POUNDS!?" argument that completely justifiably rears its head every few months. TLOU Remake is absolutely the worst, most money grabbing example yet and while I think it looks unbelievable in that video I can understand people wanting to know why a bit of a paint job and some new AI costs almost the price of the Nintendo DS at launch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.