IGNORED

Best New Music 2022

Stanley

Yay, thanks for starting this. :wub: 

I rely on Spotify's Release Radar a bit so I've only just been getting into '22 things, but my appetite for spacey wobbly sounds and beats is still being catered for-

Bungle - Forms

Can I just encourage people to start a thread for any good new albums they find. It’s really hard to follow conversation on a particular release when you use the search function because the artist and title isn’t always referenced in each post, particularly with quoted replies. 

Another cut from the upcoming Spiritualized album, Everything Was Beautiful. 

DJ Shadow remix of a King Gizzard track which was on last years Butterfly 3000 album, sounds totally different to the original and reminds me of Dig Your Own Hole era Chemical Brothers.

There’s also a whole album of these reworks on the way featuring all kinds of artists. 

Following on from their awesome Hologram EP which came out last year, A Place To Bury Strangers have a new album, See Through You, out on 4th Feb. 

Some violent/messed up bits in this video, nothing excessive, but worth warning about. 

I've been enjoying the post-punk revival that's been going on the last couple of years; bands like Shame and Yard Act have released some good stuff. But my new favourite is Stuck. Check out this track, Playpen of Dissent, from their new EP, Content That Makes You Feel Good:

6 hours ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Yard Act’s debut album has dropped; The Overload

I’ve been reading about them and my interest was piqued by comparisons to both Pulp and The Fall, both whom I love. What’s the album like? 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

I’ve been reading about them and my interest was piqued by comparisons to both Pulp and The Fall, both whom I love. What’s the album like? 

I can see the Fall comparison, definitely don’t see Pulp. Fall and Sleaford Mods would be a more apt comparison, maybe even the Streets. Saw them live a couple of times last year and they were great, they’ve been gaining traction over the last few months and can see them becoming big now they’ve dropped their debut. 

Surprised they didn’t include any tracks from their Dark Days EP which formed the basis of their sets last year, which is a brave move. Give the album a listen, if you like a post punk vibe steeped in the political and social issues of modern day Britain then you’ll definitely enjoy it. 

22 hours ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

I can see the Fall comparison, definitely don’t see Pulp. Fall and Sleaford Mods would be a more apt comparison, maybe even the Streets. Saw them live a couple of times last year and they were great, they’ve been gaining traction over the last few months and can see them becoming big now they’ve dropped their debut. 

Surprised they didn’t include any tracks from their Dark Days EP which formed the basis of their sets last year, which is a brave move. Give the album a listen, if you like a post punk vibe steeped in the political and social issues of modern day Britain then you’ll definitely enjoy it. 

Thanks I’ll give it a listen :)

I've found them hit and miss since their drummer died but I usually give each album a listen, that song has, in my opinion, a pleasant mix of 90s and 00s Feeder

This is totally where my headspace is at the moment.

Erika - Ambient Landscapes podcast for Seis Records

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/YxBmXbAAoKR9ddy57

track list

Spoiler

1. Catherine Christer Hennix - Mode nouvelle des modalités II
2. Richard Fearless - Earth Tapes
3. Mareena & JakoJako - 30 Perlen
4. Agonis - Ether
5. Cønjecture - D
6. Darkduction - Distillation
7. Birds of Prey - Convex
8. Chafik Chennouf & Katsunori Sawa - False Paradigm
9. Bill Converse- Seen
10. Diane Barbé - Something For The Mountains
11. Agonis -  Sunlight Filtering Through Skyscrapers
12. DJ NOBU (OFFICIAL) - Zzzz
13. Space Afrika- bly
14. Max Loderbauer - Remove
15. Barefoot - Olēka
16. Orphx - Spirits Rising
17. KMRU - Solace
18. Varuna - Genesis
19. Desroi - Harm Done
20. ASC - Ixion
21. Jo Johnson - Budget
22. Emeralds - Planetarium II
23. Wata Igarashi - Flow
24. Datassette - Overtone Crystal
25. Mario Lino Stancati - Gola D'Aria (feat. Maria Todaro)
26. Artefakt - Half Speed Tape
27. Laurel Halo - The Sick Mind
28. Isorinne - Fördelning av tyngd
29. Walton - Space Water

This one slipped by me last year, but it's Crazy P doing what they do best. The original is incredible too, and the band Bamily are making some of the best pop music going. Young lads with lovely reference points making heartfelt music. Some of it is almost like The Avalanches in tone, kind of a joyful sadness.

The new single from Marillion is the first song I've heard which specifically references elements of the pandemic. Good song too, I'm expecting good things from the new album, An Hour Before It's Dark: