Stanley

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

I’m really digging the recent Arctic Monkeys album The Car I think it’s a bit of a masterpiece tbh. 

Totally the opposite for me, to be honest, it's their second album in a row of low-energy lounge music and it bores me to tears. I get that it's got its fans though. I think I'm just going to have to accept that, having not produced anything I actually like in nearly a decade, they're not the band for me any more.

24 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Totally the opposite for me, to be honest, it's their second album in a row of low-energy lounge music and it bores me to tears. I get that it's got its fans though. I think I'm just going to have to accept that, having not produced anything I actually like in nearly a decade, they're not the band for me any more.

I was never much of a fan before you see. I liked the last album as well but this one just hits all the right notes for me.

It was the album cover that drew me in at first, there’s something odd and dystopian about it. 

I think Alex Turner’s voice is really great throughout too. 

In a change from all the indie, rock and electronics artists, Loyle Carners latest album is excellent

https://open.spotify.com/album/3McfY0EGNjsrVdYa9ZnoSH?si=HxwoQev_QEKvIj6oQlI1ag&utm_source=copy-link

(Also has a poem in it I studied during my GCSE's)

And to get back on the rock band train Symposium have released a collection, some of the guys from this band went on to form the highly under appreciated Hell Is For Heroes (Symposium are equally under appreciated)

https://open.spotify.com/album/06V2HecPBnLQ6hN5HiKBqj?si=EJuDqYFAT9-xZQDfZHVHQQ&utm_source=copy-link

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s the whole list of the top ten from them

6 Music’s Top 10 albums of 2022 are:

Kendrick Lamar – Mr Morale & The Big Steppers

Yard Act – The Overload

Kae Tempest – The Line Is A Curve

Charlotte Adigéry & Bolis Pupul – Topical Dancer

Wet Leg – Wet Leg

Warmduscher – At The Hotspot

Fontaines D.C. – Skinty Fia

Danger Mouse & Black Thought – Cheat Codes

Arctic Monkeys – The Car

Gwenno – Tresor

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2022/11/bbc-radio-6-musics-album-of-the-year-2022-revealed-on-air/

I bounced off it a bit at first but now I love the new Phoenix album, in fact I’d rate it up there with Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix and Bankrupt! as some of their finest work. 

Some great dissociative lyrics from Thomas Mars as usual “I’m not a prophet I’m your friend” :)

5 hours ago, elmo said:

how Ants From Up There doesn’t make the list is beyond me.

It’s hard trying to narrow it down I find, especially when they’re probably compiling lists from multiple contributors. 

I’ve done my list but there are loads of others I could have chosen instead, and I keep thinking, ooh I really should

have included that (hello Alpha Zulu) but you know, it’s done, and it’s only a bit of fun at the end of the year. 

I’m not just saying this, I listen to everything everyone posts in their top ten lists if I haven’t already heard it. It’s a fantastic way to get great new music and you won’t find it anywhere else.  It’s the forums hidden gems. 

Pitchfork have published their top 50 list.

https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/best-albums-2022/

The top ten

Spoiler

10. Alex G: 'God Save the Animals'

9. Yaya Bey: 'Remember Your North Star'

8. Lucrecia Dalt: '¡Ay!'

7. Big Thief: 'Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You'

6. Rosalía: 'Motomami'

5. Bad Bunny: 'Un Verano Sin Ti'

4. Special Interest: 'Endure'

3. Alvvays: 'Blue Rev'

2. Sudan Archives: 'Natural Brown Prom Queen'

1. Beyoncé: 'Renaissance'

https://falseto.com/2022/12/06/pitchfork-announces-50-best-albums-of-2022-list-beyonce-on-top/

Every year I compile Piccadilly Records' Top 100 albums of the year into one playlist and 2022 is no different. Here you go, my internet friends... for your listening pleasure.

💿 100 songs from 100 albums

🎧 7 hours 36 minutes of listening

And remember (!) if you like what you hear, you can buy the full album in physical form from piccadillyrecords.com

Listen on Apple Music · Listen on Spotify 

You can find previous years on my blog.

On 08/12/2022 at 15:16, BlackHoodedCrow said:

Every year I compile Piccadilly Records' Top 100 albums of the year into one playlist and 2022 is no different. Here you go, my internet friends... for your listening pleasure.

And remember (!) if you like what you hear, you can buy the full album in physical form from piccadillyrecords.com

This excellent, I had it on shuffle this morning when I went running, thank you :)

On 08/12/2022 at 15:16, BlackHoodedCrow said:

Thank you so much! 😍

@englishbob @Timmo @Garwoofoo long shot but I now have a free ticket going for a special Black Country, New Road gig in Bush Hall, Shepherd’s Bush on Friday 16th December. They’re filing it “for a future project”

anyway my mate can’t make it up now due to the rail strikes. Let me know if you’re (or anyone here that likes them) interested