IGNORED

From Software's new Armored Core - first details (possibly)

Vemsie

Rumours of From Software working on a new Armored Core have been circulating for years, but it seems we now have our first details. A user on ResetEra received a consumer survey about a new AC, complete with watermarked screenshots and videos as well as the following details.

1drjgf.png

27pjyh.png

The watermarked screenshots can be found here
Seems pretty interesting to me as I've always wanted a non-fantasy game from From. Will be interesting to see how Miyazaki tackles a modern Armored Core game.

This news immediately put this music in my head:

I always found the AC games a bit tricky to 'figure out' but I was a stupid child at the time.  Will happily play another!  Imagine the production values these days!! ❤️ 

When people say they want it to be soulslike, what exactly do they want? The variety of loadouts/customisation and ways to approach playing will work well as that's generally been the template for Armored Core anyway, but not bothered about introducing the way soulslikes manage health or their level structures, not for something like this.

40 minutes ago, wev said:

When people say they want it to be soulslike, what exactly do they want?

That's a bit of a loaded question given that the term's been applied to every game in existence by now.

Personally, I'm assuming that people want them to add the obscure/ambient creeping horror of a Souls game; the player heroically fighting to save the world with their mech[a], only to gradually realise the monstrosity that inhabits them and their cause, that they are actually bringing about a great cataclysm to an already benighted world.

So what I'm saying is that they just need to bolt on the Evangelion license and they're pretty much there.

52 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Big mad robot things jumping about the place aren't fantasy?

Fantasy as in the genre. This is a sci-fi game. So high-tech, futuristic stuff instead of castles, swords, horses and magic.

1 hour ago, wev said:

When people say they want it to be soulslike, what exactly do they want? The variety of loadouts/customisation and ways to approach playing will work well as that's generally been the template for Armored Core anyway, but not bothered about introducing the way soulslikes manage health or their level structures, not for something like this.

Bosses mainly, some more fluid controls, loot, bit of grinding, and a crazy weird story. Mech with a fuck off massive sword would be cool.

Better controls would be a godsend!

Blades are available in AC games, I had a mate who was an absolute arsehole at being able to boost in and use melee when playing arena modes.