IGNORED

Your most prized retro item

CovisGod

46 minutes ago, ZOK said:

My Toejam & Earl slipmats…I’ve retired them now in favour of some Dr Suzukis but they saw nearly thirty years of club action, and still look (mostly) great!

134F987B-603D-4E27-9EC5-4A69C43E1A9A.thumb.jpeg.6cee20c5b03022fa0ef2750017d9240f.jpeg

And sat atop some lovely :wub: technics :)

Oh man, I will take some photo's at some point and it would be difficult to choose just 1 item, I don't have a big collection but all of the games and consoles in my collection hold a place in my heart so to speak.

I think my top one's are mostly pokemon related as they remind me of my youth -

The consoles that would be my top pick -

An original Pikachu gameboy color, the handheld is mint and it's boxed, though the box is a little weathered it's all still there.

I have a Pikachu Nintendo 64 which is rather lovely.

My Pikachu Nintendo 3ds but my ambassador edition comes close

As for games, the top 2 would be Pokemon yellow and pokemon Crystal, both lovely condition and boxed.

Outside of pokemon edition stuff, I have a Scarlet red PS3 which is rather lovely (unfortunately no box) but is a fantastic looking console and then my Final Fantasy / Breath of fire ps1 games as they pretty much got me through my secondary school years when I was bullied ^_^

I could probably go on if I went back through but I'll stop there :D 

No idea. 

1st wave Japanese Dreamcasts with the Yukawa edition box?

Samba de Amigo maraca set in the box?

I have an Amiga 4000 that is dear to my heart but needs repair work. The Microvitec 1438 monitor that went with it got knocked off of a table and shattered 😟

Recently I have picked up a Memotech MTX 512 and Einstein 256 both of which I am quite fond of. The Memotech because of it's cool, anodized black aluminium elegance and part home micro, part CPM business machine split-personality. The Einstein 256 because it's total uselessness - it can run most Einstein TC01 software, but I don’t believe there's any dedicated software to take advantage of it's more powerful gfx chip.

I have a few bits that seem to have become valuable: Neo Geo Pocket games, Castlevania SOTN, Conker's BFD, Portal replica gun.

I think the only things that have an emotional pull are a Net Yaroze and a game I worked on, Stuntman.

But the only gaming kit I have displayed on a shelf is a silver Gamecube, just because it's a nice looking object.

@pulsemyne may or may not remember these, I'm not sure if he'd joined the EB I worked at when Episode I was released in the cinemas:

51827017300_2c39ee5b87_h.jpg

Those are my glasses for size comparison. It's a hanging banner advertising the hilariously bad Star Wars Episode I game by Lucasarts back in 1999.  I have several of these, all with different characters, but I thought I'd post the very best one. :coffee:

Ohh this is a tricky one. 

Most valuable I guess would be my Zelda collection (I have pretty much most games mint condition, besides the first 3)

Pokemon Red Mint seems to have gone up in value.

Got a couple of packs of Pokemon "demo" trading cards which are worth a bit (not strictly gaming).

Signed copy of DKR DS by David Wise

Sega Multi Mega (stopped reading discs though last time i tried)

A1200

Semi rare gameboy advance games, tiny toons busters bad dreams 

Unfortunately sold off a bunch of rare ones years back to fund a house buy (conker, my mint snes collection).

41 minutes ago, Thor said:

@pulsemyne may or may not remember these, I'm not sure if he'd joined the EB I worked at when Episode I was released in the cinemas:

51827017300_2c39ee5b87_h.jpg

Those are my glasses for size comparison. It's a hanging banner advertising the hilariously bad Star Wars Episode I game by Lucasarts back in 1999.  I have several of these, all with different characters, but I thought I'd post the very best one. :coffee:

Nah I wasn't there then. I was there when Zelda OOT was constantly on and the intro is burned into my mind forever. I wonder what happen to steve from there.

I have nothing. Why on earth did I hand over my NES, master system, mega drive etc to my younger cousins in my teens 😅🤣 

I'm not one for keeping things anyway but I had the SNES w/ super mario 3 above. Absolutely glorious. 

I think I need to get a snes mini.

Great thread though! 

46 minutes ago, pulsemyne said:

I wonder what happen to steve from there.

Long haired Steve? I looked him up on Facebook but didn't add him. He's in London now, and it looks like he's doing alright for himself in the music scene. He's still goth as fuck, in fact he may be a vampire, going by his pics he hasn't aged a day. :lol:

1 hour ago, Baring said:

I have nothing. Why on earth did I hand over my NES, master system, mega drive etc to my younger cousins in my teens 😅🤣 

I'm not one for keeping things anyway but I had the SNES w/ super mario 3 above. Absolutely glorious. 

I think I need to get a snes mini.

Great thread though! 

nes 

geddim, boys!!!

@MikeBeaverOh man! Thanks so much for posting that shot of the Tottenham Court Mega. Such happy memories of that place. Along with HMVs Level One and Software Circus etc. There's so few photos around online of those places. I wish I'd taken more photos. Hard to believe most people won't know now how wonderful those places were.

Anyway, my most treasured is my pretty much pristine copy of bbc Elite. Got it coming up to 15 years ago as a present, never opened. I don't hold with that shit tho so it was opened and leafed through, loved and still continues to bring a lot of joy.

Annoyingly, some of the best stuff I've ever had I've since sold. I'd be more careful now, but amongst the things that have slipped through my fingers were a PC Engine Core Grafx II, a Sega Multi-Mega, pristine Japanese copies of the 3 Mega Drive Sonic games and a Japanese import original PSP.

Something I do still have and may well be my most treasured item is a modded Japanese Mega Drive. There's something about that original Japanese machine with the scarlet and blue accents and the giant, gold "16-BIT" logo. I think it all stems from being 10 years old, in love with my Master System and seeing the photos of this upcoming wonder machine in CVG. I remember always feeling disappointed that they changed the look slightly when they finally released it over here.

I also own two Super Famicoms. This is because I had one that never seemed to quite work right, so bought another from eBay which then seemed to have the same problem. It was only after that I realised this was because I'd been trying to power them with the AC adaptor from a UK SNES. This is a big no-no. Weirdly though, the AC adaptor from a PAL Mega Drive will power a Super Famicom no problem, so I still don't have a stepdown convertor or anything like that.

Actually, I do also quite like my modded PSone. Such a cute little console, that.

40 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

My biggest regret in life is selling off my collection when I’m skint, I sold my Vita collection a couple of months ago on the cheap and it makes me feel sick to think about it 

4BEAAD02-D3E3-457F-A9B2-84700B2E844F.png

1961F4B5-C0C9-4888-85E6-AEF6E81B4955.png

The Vita is a funny system for me. I feel like I turn mine on once every 6 months to make sure the battery still works, then it goes away again. I couldn't part with it though, all the same.

I came back from a trip to Japan having tried pachinko and not really understood it. So I bought a Pachinko machine off eBay. It's based on RoboCop (The screen has video clips from the first 3 movies) and it has a lovely combination of realistic and anime style characters. There are animated models, flashing lights, it's loud as hell but yet it is Pachinko so there's literally no gameplay or point to it. After about an hour you've seen everything it does, gameplay is non existent, you just hold a dial in place.  But I love it.

In terms of 'most valuable' it's probably my Fire Emblem collection - I don't have the first 2 Famicom games but I have everything else. Some of the games are going for silly money now. I should probably buy the Famicom games as well (to get a complete set) but I'm not that interested in cashing in.

In terms of 'most valued' I have a New 3DS Ambassador Edition and it also has the 10 Ambassador GBA games (the 'sorry' present the early adopters got after being fleeced). It's probably my favourite gaming 'thing' that I own. So many good games in the DS and 3DS library.

image.png.023278f6db45a848fa8bf75534db1352.png

It's a thing of beauty 😍

My Gameboy i won from Frosties (the cereal) in 1993. My daughter was born that year and i was working away when it turned up at my house. I still have it as well as all the cards i scratched from eating far too many frosties.

Nowhere near the most expensive item i have but something that means a hell of a lot to me.

Like a few on here, my most valuable items were things I’ve regrettably since parted with, partly to fund a burgeoning record collection, partly out of plain stupidity. Highlights were -

A mint W/spine copy of Harmful Park on PS1

Cotton on Neo Geo Pocket Colour - sold this on here about a decade ago for £28, worth about 20 times that now 😣

Ninja Cop mint and complete GBA

Radiant Silvergun, Battle Garegga and various other top tier Saturn shmups

Regret those the most and wish I could turn back the clock.

Now I’ve a large collection of mostly mid-value stuff, but the item I cherish most is probably my original Japanese copy of Alien Storm on MD, which I remember aged 12 having a friend sleepover the night before it came in the post so we could play it all day the second it arrived :)