Microsoft is trying to acquire Activision Blizzard.

MidWalian

1 hour ago, Silent Runner said:

How long does this regulatory process take? I want my COD games on Game Pass by Christmas.

I think they mentioned June/July next year but I can’t remember where I heard that.

I’m more interested in buying Diablo for my Switch with a clear conscious personally! 

Just now, Sarlaccfood said:

I think they mentioned June/July next year but I can’t remember where I heard that.

I’m more interested in buying Diablo for my Switch with a clear conscious personally! 

I think that was an estimate given the length of time these transactions take, wasn't it?

18 hours ago, Mallet said:

You can now preorder Call of Duty PS5 bundles on the Sony store. I just found it a little funny considering this situation. 

They've got deals in place for a few years that Microsoft have said they'll honour,  so even if the deal was signed today,  you'd be able to get next year's COD on PS.

2 minutes ago, Transient Curse said:

They've got deals in place for a few years that Microsoft have said they'll honour,  so even if the deal was signed today,  you'd be able to get next year's COD on PS.

I realise that I just found it a little funny.

you'd think they both have multiple HR depts in multiple countries. Even if the execs do get let go it'll be with a fat paycheck (they'll get one due to the purchase either way). i'd expect quite a lot of the exec to fuck off now the sale is done (if it's done)

• 1 month later...

The most amusing part of all this is watching both parties try to outdo themselves in saying "no we are the shittest"

MS saying that Sony are the market leaders and MS are 3rd place and just want to be able to compete

SOny saying that they wouldn't survive without Call of Duty

It is like reverse fanboy wars :D

I think Nintendo have just stitched Sony up. Call of Duty confirmed to be multiformat under Microsoft. 

That is a long commitment, - for context if you were buying COD 10 years ago, you were probably looking at getting it on 360 and Xbox one wasn't yet announced. As an armchair spectator, I'm not sure Sony could argue they need a longer guarantee that COD will come to Playstation and expect to be taken seriously enough for it to stop the deal. 

I presume there's a reasonable chance Microsoft will just give Nintendo cloud versions, much as Capcom are doing with RE games.

3 minutes ago, Transient Curse said:

think Nintendo have just stitched Sony up. Call of Duty confirmed to be multiformat under Microsoft.

Yeah, all the complaining and pleading to force COD to stay on PlayStation for as long as possible or even delay/sabotage the deal - only for the end result to be that the biggest platform out there is getting COD alongside Sony.

Sony be like: "no, not like that"

• MidWalian changed the title to Microsoft is trying to acquire Activision Blizzard.