IGNORED

Retro Gamer 229 - Pilotwings

memories

(Subscriber cover)

Super Powered: 30 Games That Pushed The SNES, with developers naming their favourites

Ultimate Guide to Pilotwings

Retro Gamer’s Guide To The Commodore 64

So You Want To Collect Game Boy Advance Games

Making Ofs - Top Gear games, Gargoyles, Gravity, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Homebrew Special: Spectrum Next

Retro Inspired: Clockwork Aquario

and lots more

21 minutes ago, ulala said:

Oh i'm reading it alright. And i will be straight back here with my opinions. :)

Hopefully your opinion will be that the SNES was clearly designed so that, like with NES carts, developers could add extra chips to enhance the games.

25 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

Hopefully your opinion will be that the SNES was clearly designed so that, like with NES carts, developers could add extra chips to enhance the games.

We did initially think about limiting chips, additional memory etc but decided against it in the end. I think it's a solid list overall and have no problem if people don't agree with it. I'll fight everyone who says Super Aleste doesn't deserve to be on there, mind.

27 minutes ago, Colonel Panic said:

I'll be at your side for that one. It's one of the best shooters on any machine let alone the SNES and a technical marvel.

We'll stand back to back and take down everyone. EVERYONE!

6 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

I’ve just subscribed to Retro Gamer having never read an issue, 

Ive started my sub from Jans issue as opposed to the next issue, so will I get this one?

I wouldn't be able to tell you I'm afraid as it's all tied in to exactly when you order and I don't have access to subs information. It sounds like you should get this issue, though. I'll see if I can find out from someone.

2 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

I look forward to the list of MegaDrive games that pushed the limits to include mega cd and 32x games,

32x virtua fighter is really pushing that MegaDrive.

11 minutes ago, ulala said:

I look forward to the list of MegaDrive games that pushed the limits to include mega cd and 32x games,

32x virtua fighter is really pushing that MegaDrive.

You're thinking of Sega's SVP chip, as used in Virtua Racing. The Mega CD and 32X were separate pieces of hardware. HTH.