IGNORED

rllmuk Pinball League

bradigor

12 hours ago, bradigor said:

I think TOTAN personally. Looking forward to getting back on the horse

Ok let's do TOTAN this week. 

I highly suggest we use the Flupper version of the table as it's by far the best playing one and probably the nicest looking table on my entire cabinet: https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=14334

Happy flipping!

8 hours ago, Cheeko said:

All over the place with this table, it’s a lot of fun but don’t think I’ve broken 10million yet. The ball drains a lot!

It opens up once you find the ramp shot which isn't in the same spot most left ramps are in so your brain needs to adjust a bit.  But yeah the lack of ball save is pretty annoying.  I seem to be playing this table a lot more strategically and slowly by trapping the ball a lot.

But it sure is purdy isn't it?

Cheeky pre-lunch bash and broke 10million!

Starting to figure this out, mainly looking at which captive ball is lit to hit for the multiplier and getting the lamp spins to the 15,30etc so they’re saved across all balls.

76C77601-6430-4B6E-AAFB-78EEC03DC772.thumb.jpeg.5cf739cd98668cf7b070f6496d8ff8f2.jpeg

@bradigor yeah that table version(I have 5 vpx ones now, all slightly different) does have particularly strong flipper action, the script is working and you can do post passes and smaller bumps but it's pretty vigorous, I do quite like the physics in that one though. Attack From Mars is such a good table, even a quick 5 mins feels great.

Nice! The table is killing me, I feel like I can’t figure out how to play it, as in, I know now what stuff does but I can’t find what approach works for me. I’ll have a ball where I feel like I’m smashing it and doing loads of stuff and at the end of the ball I have like 1.5m points, it’s so crazy. Then I try focusing on the lamp spins and multipliers and I’m losing the ball left right and centre.

I haven’t really focused on the jewels, maybe that’s the thing. I just know I’d get to that wizard mode and lose all the balls in 5 seconds and end my game with 7million.

Best so far…

9017B4FF-946B-4A8F-9297-8732C15973AE.thumb.jpeg.b8f34fe83be46874188aef57086fc079.jpeg

@Cheeko Most jewels have you trying to hit multiple yellow circles, but in reality for most of them you can just hit one and then claim the jewel by going up the ramp without sacrificing your score too much.  Also, for the other more difficult ones you can go up the bizarre / make a wish scoop and collect the jewel to bypass.

Another strategy is to get multiball, try to trap two balls on your right flipper and then try to bash the genie as much as possible from the left flipper for 1M each hit.

But yeah, it's not the easiest table and I still think that the key is to get to wizard mode by collecting all the jewels.

It’s nice that it takes a while to figure out though, I’ll admit to pondering what table I’d actually have in my home and I guess you wouldn’t want one where you’re basically seeing it all in a week.

Another thing with this one, the flipper control is quite nicely setup, the live catches work and there’s a lot of dead flips to be used but the way the ball comes back to the flippers is sheer chaos, it’s such an unusually designed table, as you said before the ramp timings are different and there are so many angles you can’t trust.

I do like it a lot. The theme and of course the visuals are great too.

With TOTAN I always try to start a mode (centre shot to Genie), then concentrate on spinning the lamp. Every 15 spins it locks those in as bonus (for the rest of the game), and bonus can be massive. It also lights the scoop which will allow you to complete the mode (collect the jewel).  Rinse and repeat

There are very few points in playing the modes. There are decent points on the lamp once it is doing the lightning thing, and some people try to get that running with multiball

If you can get all the jewels though it's an easy wizard mode that awards 50M (worth noting that if you get to the wizard mode you need to manually plunge the balls it keeps offering as you drain)

I'm done with TOTAN for now - just over 20M is my best score and I've gotten so close to wizard mode a bunch of times without ever being able to.

I've also been spending quite a bit of time on Blood Machines (fantastic new VPW table) but for this week I will be focusing on getting some high scores on Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure if anyone else cares to join me or catch up at a later date.

Will be using this table - https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/8568-indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure-williams-1993-vpwmod/

image.thumb.png.970bb6a5012a99a8d279db5abdd3051a.png

Played a bit more TOTAN today and it was doing my head in, a whole bunch of games not even breaking 1million, feel like I didn’t quite get the breakthrough I was waiting for.

Anyway, on to Indy, it’s great fun! I really like the physics and flippers on this one, the ramps seem tough to hit though.

7 hours ago, Cheeko said:

Anyway, on to Indy, it’s great fun! I really like the physics and flippers on this one, the ramps seem tough to hit though.

Yes, VPW did an amazing job with the physics but just like TOTAN the ramps aren't quite where your brain would imagine they would be - the left one is early the right one is late and they're quite tight as they are in real life.  Nothing like a bit of a challenge.

Love the modes on this table though and in general we should be able to get close to 1.5-2B points.  Highly suggest you download the colour DMD for this one.

10 hours ago, Omizzay said:

Highly suggest you download the colour DMD for this one.

Just took me 1hr 20mins to get this working, I at least have v1.10 of the freezy dmd now, and know that you have to rename the .pal and .vni files to 'pin2dmd'

It’s always the same, try it, nothing works. Find a thread about it, realise something is off but then do a bunch of random stuff that possibly breaks things even more. Find threads of people in exactly the same situation. Then make a bit of progress, get stuck again, eventually find out it was something completely different.

Mostly I was getting this:-

D073ABA2-DB5A-4B6C-BECB-2ED0D05A9820.thumb.jpeg.5ea7e526e1e9e2951ef10175d22ae336.jpeg

Anyway, best so far:-

2CA456BA-20B1-44D3-8EFE-3DA2CBA8EF77.jpeg.b402a9719a0aa3423555757893bc8257.jpeg

Urgh, I am able to cope with the brightness now, but my vision keeps coming in and out of focus. I think it is the needing to track the ball around the screen that is doing it. Hopefully I am over thatg bit opf recovery sooner rather than later, lasted 3 months last time.