IGNORED

rllmuk Pinball League

bradigor

Ah nice, I was going to post and say 700mill is probably too big for me to manage, but yeah that's out of my range. I seem to barely be able to string 2 modes together, and even then they won't be decent scoring attempts. Only ones I can do consistently are the video modes.

I have spent more time on this table than any other, and I am just terrible at it and no better than I was a week ago, my scores are all the same, still seemingly can’t string more than two modes together in a single ball, I might be done on this one.

I’ve tried so many different things, backhanding, trapping techniques, just trying to keep control but the ramps are so hard to hit and so many things consistently send the ball down the middle it’s killing me.

Yeah, Indy can be a bit weird in that you can have a good game and then the next game is all done in 2 minutes. I think if you can hit the mode start shot consistently(it’s also the ‘mystery’ scoop) you have a good chance of upping your scores. I have gone over a billion about 4 times I think and did hit one of the wizard modes once😱.   Still one of my favourite tables, I think. 

Is there a table nomination for this week or just keep playing some of the older ones?

Any tables you want to choose to switch to @Shaky burn ?

I just managed this, it felt like an absolute miracle, took I think 2/3 extra balls to get me to 7modes complete and I think I even managed to do something to score on all of them.

0504F515-EEE2-489D-BDDF-62A200C6F38B.thumb.jpeg.b8bd0291a12833cd2349428eda6c81bd.jpeg

Yeah I can't get past the 700M I hit earlier either and think I'm done with this one too for now. 

If no one has any recommendations, I think I'm going to be focusing on the VPW original table Blood Machines this week.  It is phenomenal as an original table with lots of amazing innovations.  I'd also be happy with VPW's versions of either Tales from the Crypt or Lethal Weapon 3.

On 29/04/2022 at 19:41, Shaky burn said:

Hers is my best Indy score. It’s a great table, the call outs and number of different modes really help keep it fresh to play.

CA2CD5D3-0FEA-444B-9CB2-98E2BEC99218.jpeg

Nice score man.  How did you get the VPW version to look so bright?  Mine is pretty dark.

I’m not into the visuals of that Blood Machines table but I’ll concede it has a nice smooth and fun feel to it, more reminiscent of a Pinball Dreams game table, it grows on you over time.

F411954D-AE8D-46F4-8103-5B6212B89F2E.thumb.jpeg.fc01555f9175436bfa1ee8b39acdb288.jpeg

2 hours ago, Cheeko said:

I’m not into the visuals of that Blood Machines table but I’ll concede it has a nice smooth and fun feel to it, more reminiscent of a Pinball Dreams game table, it grows on you over time.

F411954D-AE8D-46F4-8103-5B6212B89F2E.thumb.jpeg.fc01555f9175436bfa1ee8b39acdb288.jpeg

Great missions too. 

Make sure you drop 5 Euros on the soundtrack.  Makes a big difference to the atmosphere.

12 hours ago, Omizzay said:

Yeah I can't get past the 700M I hit earlier either and think I'm done with this one too for now. 

If no one has any recommendations, I think I'm going to be focusing on the VPW original table Blood Machines this week.  It is phenomenal as an original table with lots of amazing innovations.  I'd also be happy with VPW's versions of either Tales from the Crypt or Lethal Weapon 3.

I’ve got the VPW version of lethal weapon 3, so happy to give that a go,,,I’ll see if I can have a bash at it tomorrow and post up a score🙂

This is the best I can do atm, just snagged the GC score and got to one of the wizard modes and then drained the last ball when I had a tri-ball queued up,,,,bah.   I find I lose most balls down the side outlanes, after they have been catapulted  in there by the slingshots.   

4B053B9B-F767-4A6F-AACA-39AA69BC6A33.jpeg

Starting to understand this table, it’s a lot of fun!

First time having this issue but there’s so much going on with the DMD and things like random shootouts it’s super tough for me to keep track of it as it’s on another monitor, either keep missing stuff or I do look to see something and the ball is kicked out between the flippers before I look back :)

3C7B6820-69FC-4EE8-B0AF-86ED48B8BDFC.thumb.jpeg.b77b65e0ffd9ab0ba1b7a3f31ea0679c.jpeg

Tried playing but just cannot track the ball. I wonder if I might admit defeat and play single screen horizontal do I can concentrate on s smaller area.

This table does have a really dark ball, I’ve been meaning to look into how to change it, maybe you can get a bright white one or self illuminated or something to help?

10 minutes ago, Cheeko said:

This table does have a really dark ball, I’ve been meaning to look into how to change it, maybe you can get a bright white one or self illuminated or something to help?

I just mean in general. Tracking across the table in vertical causes bleeds.

On 06/05/2022 at 15:41, Shaky burn said:

This is the best I can do atm, just snagged the GC score and got to one of the wizard modes and then drained the last ball when I had a tri-ball queued up,,,,bah.   I find I lose most balls down the side outlanes, after they have been catapulted  in there by the slingshots.   

4B053B9B-F767-4A6F-AACA-39AA69BC6A33.jpeg

Barely took the lead:

spacer.png

Shootout!

B4EBEC66-3DC6-487F-BBDC-C41BDB756322.thumb.jpeg.ad8e4f3a21b13bf5f734887c220ffa75.jpeg

I got 325m on my first ball so had a replay plus extra ball, immediately turned into mr rubber hands on the flippers but just about held it together to break 400.

Damn!  Nice one Cheeko.  Need to get back on it tonight then and try to reclaim.

In the meantime, check out what I was playing yesterday - an official Data East table was made for Aaron Spelling (the guy who created a bunch of shows like Dynasty, 90210, etc) which is actually the exact same layout and rules as Lethal Weapon 3 but it's got different art, Rom and DMD :)

spacer.png

You can download it here - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=15478

I'll have to admit defeat this week.  Can't break my 333M on LW3 and I think I'm done with it for a while.

I have a nice surprise for you guys.  One of my favourite pinball tables is Ghostbusters by Stern but it's always been a bit dodgy on VPX.  Firstly, it uses the rom from Farsight's Pinball Arcade version (which is technically illegal) so it's never been readily available on VPF or VPU.  And secondly, the physics were terrible.

I reached out to a creator on Facebook who created a VPW-like recreation and he shared it with me in private and it plays fantastic.  So now I'll share it with you and I suggest we do this one this week.  What do you guys think?

Here's the link to download: https://we.tl/t-Kf61G925VZ

Enjoy.

5 hours ago, Omizzay said:

I'll have to admit defeat this week.  Can't break my 333M on LW3 and I think I'm done with it for a while.

I have a nice surprise for you guys.  One of my favourite pinball tables is Ghostbusters by Stern but it's always been a bit dodgy on VPX.  Firstly, it uses the rom from Farsight's Pinball Arcade version (which is technically illegal) so it's never been readily available on VPF or VPU.  And secondly, the physics were terrible.

I reached out to a creator on Facebook who created a VPW-like recreation and he shared it with me in private and it plays fantastic.  So now I'll share it with you and I suggest we do this one this week.  What do you guys think?

Here's the link to download: https://we.tl/t-Kf61G925VZ

Enjoy.

That’s great, thank you 🙏 . Will it work on 10.6 vpx ?( I don’t  have the 10.7 beta installed )

2 hours ago, Shaky burn said:

That’s great, thank you 🙏 . Will it work on 10.6 vpx ?( I don’t  have the 10.7 beta installed )

Not sure.  But why don't you just upgrade to 10.7?  It's not in beta anymore and there's a full release.  Just overwrite the files - it's very simple to do.  I'm on 10.7.1