IGNORED

rllmuk Pinball League

bradigor

2 hours ago, Omizzay said:

Not sure.  But why don't you just upgrade to 10.7?  It's not in beta anymore and there's a full release.  Just overwrite the files - it's very simple to do.  I'm on 10.7.1

The pc inside my cabinet doesn’t have wifi and i can’t get Ethernet to it, so when adding tables, I’ve used a laptop to download them onto a usb drive and then plug that into my cabinet and move them across. I am a bit of a muppet where anything  technical is concerned, so have kept away from messing with the software too much, in case I completely f*** it up😨

Is there an idiots guide anywhere, to do the update?  And it doesn’t adversely affect any of your 10.6 tables etc?

11 hours ago, Omizzay said:

I'll have to admit defeat this week.  Can't break my 333M on LW3 and I think I'm done with it for a while.

I have a nice surprise for you guys.  One of my favourite pinball tables is Ghostbusters by Stern but it's always been a bit dodgy on VPX.  Firstly, it uses the rom from Farsight's Pinball Arcade version (which is technically illegal) so it's never been readily available on VPF or VPU.  And secondly, the physics were terrible.

I reached out to a creator on Facebook who created a VPW-like recreation and he shared it with me in private and it plays fantastic.  So now I'll share it with you and I suggest we do this one this week.  What do you guys think?

Here's the link to download: https://we.tl/t-Kf61G925VZ

Enjoy.

Yeah this sounds great, I can neither confirm nor deny it, but it would be very on topic for someone working on a Ghostbusters game right now :sherlock:

1 hour ago, Shaky burn said:

The pc inside my cabinet doesn’t have wifi and i can’t get Ethernet to it, so when adding tables, I’ve used a laptop to download them onto a usb drive and then plug that into my cabinet and move them across. I am a bit of a muppet where anything  technical is concerned, so have kept away from messing with the software too much, in case I completely f*** it up😨

Is there an idiots guide anywhere, to do the update?  And it doesn’t adversely affect any of your 10.6 tables etc?

I transfer everything over USB to my cab as well.

Download this - https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/releases/download/v10.7.0-367-e242d7c/Main.Download.Minimal.-.VPinballX7_Minimal.zip

And then overwrite all the files into your Visual Pinball folder.  Create backups of all your existing files if you're worried.  It's very hard to mess it up don't worry.

Just tried looking up some guides on Ghostbusters, holy crap there’s a lot going on, takes me an age to get my head around these ones, AC/DC still makes no sense to me. 

Good challenge though, let’s see how it goes!

JPSalas seems to be good at getting these tables laid out but the visuals always feel like they’re 3D graphics from 30years ago, I attempted to replace the playfield image laying a promo photo of the real table over it, it does look way better but unfortunately a couple of the light layouts are different and it kinda breaks it.

Close though! (The vertical strip of round lights up the middle by the flippers isn’t in the box table, I’d try and love them but there are too many in the vpx one for some reason.)

A725D44E-4990-44A0-9756-2C37D562CB80.thumb.jpeg.a1459449709765d8c8d2d4d241513832.jpeg

14 hours ago, Omizzay said:

I transfer everything over USB to my cab as well.

Download this - https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/releases/download/v10.7.0-367-e242d7c/Main.Download.Minimal.-.VPinballX7_Minimal.zip

And then overwrite all the files into your Visual Pinball folder.  Create backups of all your existing files if you're worried.  It's very hard to mess it up don't worry.

Again, thanks for the info and I have done the 10.7 upgrade and all seems ok. However, I can’t get the ghostbusters table to load? I downloaded it and added the file to tables but is there no backglass or rom?  Not sure if I’ve missed something or just being stupid but when I try to load it, it says loading and then returns back to the select a table menu? 

@Shaky burn there's a backglass you can download from here:-

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/5087-ghostbusters-le-stern-2016-b2s/

Despite having a tonne of other things I should be doing I got suckered into updating the playfield image and working out how to move and modify lights in the editor this afternoon, if anyone would like to try out my version of the table you can grab it here :D

EDIT:- Need to stop fiddling, I updated the PKE lane lights to the proper diamond ones as I found a photo of the real ones
https://we.tl/t-G4HnEis1eI

With that Ghostbuster table I'm getting errors on launch - any protips?

---------------------------
VBScript
Can't load SPA
OK   

then

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 255
Object required: 'Controller'

This is using Visual Pinball 10.7.0. I'd love to get this one running as I have a soft spot for all things Ghostbusters.

I was about to post a picture of 127m to get us started, then this happened.

8F82B0EE-333C-43D0-A6EF-7CA561C5EDC3.thumb.jpeg.a1a9e44761b9ef4953605d7707b26346.jpeg

If you fire the ball off the middle point of the right flipper it goes up the top ramp. Apparently if you’re consistent with this you just get multiball after multiball and super jackpots, I think my super jackpots were 72m each by the end. Absolute chaos.

13 hours ago, Cheeko said:

I was about to post a picture of 127m to get us started, then this happened.

8F82B0EE-333C-43D0-A6EF-7CA561C5EDC3.thumb.jpeg.a1a9e44761b9ef4953605d7707b26346.jpeg

If you fire the ball off the middle point of the right flipper it goes up the top ramp. Apparently if you’re consistent with this you just get multiball after multiball and super jackpots, I think my super jackpots were 72m each by the end. Absolute chaos.

Holy smokes!!!  Need to get on this, but haven't had the time and won't have time till tomorrow.  That's a decent score for sure!  nice one.

@Shaky burndid you sort it out?  Otherwise will have to share the gb_100 rom with you whenever I can get to it.

@Omizzay the wrong one, so let's pretend it never happened.

In other news I scoured some really dirty parts of the internet and found this which should fix everyone's issues. I'm not going to type specifically what it is because when I was searching for the solution I kept finding this thread :D

@Mr Majestyk @Shaky burn
https://drive.google.com/u/0/uc?id=1AFqM-K6CnM0sXWQ4gh_vjfbRJsiY15dl&export=download

Now running on my machine, it’s really awesome.

54E73542-19AD-4FD4-890B-F5A3501D83C4.thumb.jpeg.ad2a578403f635549654968df4a22353.jpeg

2 hours ago, Cheeko said:

@Omizzay the wrong one, so let's pretend it never happened.

In other news I scoured some really dirty parts of the internet and found this which should fix everyone's issues. I'm not going to type specifically what it is because when I was searching for the solution I kept finding this thread :D

@Mr Majestyk @Shaky burn
https://drive.google.com/u/0/uc?id=1AFqM-K6CnM0sXWQ4gh_vjfbRJsiY15dl&export=download

Now running on my machine, it’s really awesome.

54E73542-19AD-4FD4-890B-F5A3501D83C4.thumb.jpeg.ad2a578403f635549654968df4a22353.jpeg

Nice, I’ve been trying most of the day to get it working, with no luck. Will give this a try (does it have all the files .ie rom?)

Yeah, everything, most importantly the hallowed installer that is missing from most of the internet. Run that, drop everything else into the required folders and it worked straight away for me.

12 minutes ago, Cheeko said:

Yeah, everything, most importantly the hallowed installer that is missing from most of the internet. Run that, drop everything else into the required folders and it worked straight away for me.

Hi cheeks , ok ,got it downloaded. Do I just now add the whole folder onto my usb card and once that’s plugged into my pc cabinet, do I have to run the executable(which one?) and then put the table and backglass ( I’m guessing ghostbusters LE 1.2 is the latest?)in my tables folder and then stick the Rom in the usual place?

Okay, new score for the proper table. An especially cruel way to end this run was discovering there’s a 2 ball multiball mode that swaps the controls of the flippers, I missed the ball twice and didn’t realise the ball save ran out and the mode had ended so when my actual ball rolled to the flipper I flipped the opposite one. Triple drain 😭

9CEE1335-45DB-4495-9491-47DAB1C3DB8C.thumb.jpeg.d8dc6d6971ce9c793b9855def2fa5478.jpeg

Also, don’t be tempted to try and brighten the table by upping the environment light, when the modes properly kick off you can’t see a thing in large areas of the table.

Haha nice, it was so upsetting, I obviously look away from the flippers when I shoot the ball so I’d hit the button and then just be wondering where the hell the ball was, the fact that it had reset for the third was the final blow, utterly defeated by the ghosts.

The magnet slings are bonkers too. It’s a wild table.

Keeping the ball in play in this table is the main challenge, I tried the stern 1.2 version and whilst the physics are a bit floaty it feels like you can control things a lot more and actually start to figure out the table instead of clinging on for dear life, be interested to see what kinds of scores people are getting?

I have no real clue what I'm doing on this table, but I'm trying my best just to shoot the lit arrows and Slimer whenever he starts up.  Even made it to the Stay Puft Marshmallow mode but I'm not sure if that's the wizard mode.  Got a pretty decent score but for some reason when I was hitting the right flipper to save my initials it just entered AB on its own :S

The main thing I can't stand on this table is the fact that the flippers are so far apart, so draining straight down the middle is a natural occurrence for me.

@CheekoIf you found a decent tutorial please share it on here.

spacer.png

On 18/05/2022 at 12:14, Girth Certificate said:

It wasn't ghostbusters but I was watching a stream of another game that does that reverse the flippers gimmick and the dude just crossed his arms and kept racking up the jackpots. Was impressive

Voodoo's Carnival - great original table which I think we should take on at some point.  Was that it?

There are a few general play videos that talk through the modes, as you say though, mostly just following the lights. The weird thing seems to be that the scoring is exponential, the jackpots and multipliers just keep building, so I can have a game that feels great but you end up with 70-100million, but in those videos they're scoring billions and you'll see them shoot a ramp and score 400m in one shot.

Definitely in the frustrated phase now, the table is so harsh, you work away to get the multiball started, and then the bloody slimer comes out and the Scolari Brothers pop up so you can't shoot a damn thing. Been taking some time to figure out more of the backhand shots but getting the ball under sontrol with those slings is really tough. Who wants slings that fire the ball downwards!?