IGNORED

rllmuk Pinball League

bradigor

Yeah both this week's tables (Spiderman and Metallica) have Magnets, in Metallica it's in front of the electric chair and I guess the real one triggers on and off quickly to jiggle the ball about like it's being electrified, similar to Tales of the Arabian Nights. In Spiderman there's a super annoying one that just stalls the ball before you go to shoot it from the top flipper to throw you off. Plus one that holds your ball and if you can hit it off the magnet it starts multiball. There's an amazing on on Dracula that makes a ball appear to magically float across the table.

9 hours ago, Cheeko said:

Yeah both this week's tables (Spiderman and Metallica) have Magnets, in Metallica it's in front of the electric chair and I guess the real one triggers on and off quickly to jiggle the ball about like it's being electrified, similar to Tales of the Arabian Nights. In Spiderman there's a super annoying one that just stalls the ball before you go to shoot it from the top flipper to throw you off. Plus one that holds your ball and if you can hit it off the magnet it starts multiball. There's an amazing on on Dracula that makes a ball appear to magically float across the table.

Also , ones in front of the flippers on guns n roses (data east) that really seem to affect the direction of the balls and similar thing on Addams family.

21 hours ago, Cheeko said:

I was going to mention the Dracula one.  It's amazing.  Also, can't forget the original - Addams Family!

Shall we do Addams Family for next week's table? Metallica has become a touch frustrating at this point as you lose a lot of balls with it and the objectives seem to be repeated hits on the same targets for multiballs, unless I'm missing where the ramps come in, they are the more enjoyable shots but don't really seem to get you much.

• 5 weeks later...
On 21/07/2022 at 15:24, Cheeko said:

Shall we do Addams Family for next week's table? Metallica has become a touch frustrating at this point as you lose a lot of balls with it and the objectives seem to be repeated hits on the same targets for multiballs, unless I'm missing where the ramps come in, they are the more enjoyable shots but don't really seem to get you much.

It's been a while!  I'm back from traveling and ready to play some vpinball.

Anyone still down to play?  Happy for any table.

On 18/07/2022 at 09:05, geldra said:

Got to play on a few tables at NERG over the weekend. NBA Fastbreak being a highlight. 

One thing that a friend pointed out to me was that there appear to be magnets under the play field that influence the ball travel?  I’m guessing this is true (I may be stating the absolute obvious here…) as I couldn’t unsee the way the ball moved kinda oddly near the flippers. 

If this is the case, is this emulated in stuff like Pinball FX (my only real frame of ref as a console only player).

Also, I am very very dreadful at playing pinball. 

Did you realise that we linked up the two NBAs at NERG?  You can basically play a head to head game against a player on the machine next to you. It turns the game into a timed game, so each player gets a multiball at the same time and things like that. It's a pretty great experience and unique in the world of pinball

I keep meaning to get a floor mat made to highlight the fact they are linked, because so many people don't realise

Anyhow. It's Pinfest at Daventry this weekend if anyone is stuck for something to do. 130 machines I think we're up to at the moment, with some being used in comps but the vast majority on free play (after your entrance fee). Highly recommended if you're into pinball. And I'll be on the desk of the main comp there if you want to say hi 

www.ukpinfest.com for all the details

10 hours ago, Wizcat said:

Did you realise that we linked up the two NBAs at NERG?  You can basically play a head to head game against a player on the machine next to you. It turns the game into a timed game, so each player gets a multiball at the same time and things like that. It's a pretty great experience and unique in the world of pinball

I keep meaning to get a floor mat made to highlight the fact they are linked, because so many people don't realise

Anyhow. It's Pinfest at Daventry this weekend if anyone is stuck for something to do. 130 machines I think we're up to at the moment, with some being used in comps but the vast majority on free play (after your entrance fee). Highly recommended if you're into pinball. And I'll be on the desk of the main comp there if you want to say hi 

www.ukpinfest.com for all the details

I did not realise that, no. But the pins were so busy on the Saturday that I just grabbed a go as soon as a machine became free so I doubt I’d have really noticed. 

Man, if I had just a little bit of artistic skill it'd be piss-easy to make an EDF total conversion for Attack of Mars. All the call-outs you'd ever need are already in the console games.

There's a new barcade near the office with a Mandalorian machine sitting in the window but it doesn't look like the place ever actually opened for business and their last facebook post was over a year ago. FML.

Hello! I am still alive, long story but we sold our house and are currently living in a motorhome in Cornwall so not much pinball time of late :D

Good news is we had an offer accepted on a house with a decent sized building / workshop in the yard that I reckon would be perfect for a pinball restoration project (and my home office for virtual action of course).

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2022 at 14:58, Girth Certificate said:

There's a new barcade near the office with a Mandalorian machine sitting in the window but it doesn't look like the place ever actually opened for business and their last facebook post was over a year ago. FML.

AND it has a pinball bros Alien machine. So sad :seanr:

On the upside HMV has an Addams Family. dodododo CLUNK CLUNK! :D