rllmuk Pinball League

bradigor

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

@Omizzayhappy for suggestions, just picked at random as not a clue what to do next

I'm a bigger fan of the DMD Bally Williams Sega era of pinball personally.  But we can do a few options per week (maybe one Solid State, one or two DMDs and one original table)?

My suggestions for this week's tables would be:

Bad Cats (SS) - https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/6529-bad-cats-williams-1989-vpw-mod/

Theatre of Magic (DMD) - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=14817

The Getaway (DMD) - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13130

Harry Potter (Original) - https://mega.nz/file/XM0UGRIJ#ryzH-w2E321ww3SqJFTF_VMZbr-ESmGdOxC-rsXwTIs

Maybe try them all out first and see what you think and let's vote.  I'd be happy with any of the above.

I'm not participating, but yeah - Big House is not one of Gottlieb's finest :D  (Robowar or TX-Sector are amongst my favourite Gottliebs from that era if you wanted a drop in replacement)

=================================

Week 2

getaway.thumb.jpg.3c9624c9c6e955bacb9debd5a7e312b1.jpg

Download Table Here: https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13130

Previous Table Results

AC-DC (Stern 2012)

The Getaway Tutorial:

There's no greater feeling in pinball than hitting a couple of balls into the supercharger jackpot, watching them race around simultaneously, then hitting the super jackpot right after.  Good luck!

24 minutes ago, strider said:

Oh man, I was hoping this was going to be a pinball FX competition as I bought all the tables in the January sales 🤣

Add your scores still, I can just mark them as such and split leaderboards if need be. :)

9 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Add your scores still, I can just mark them as such and split leaderboards if need be. :)

Cheers, I'll try and download this device as it looks cool. Hopefully my 2070super won't be challenged by it.

4 minutes ago, strider said:

Cheers, I'll try and download this device as it looks cool. Hopefully my 2070super won't be challenged by it.

Nowhere near :lol: Your card will wonder if anything is happening at all.

Got my new desk and monitor arms today, unfortunately I can't position the smaller monitor above the bigger one, as the pole for the arms is too short, but will do for now, as it is much easier to turn and move. (Will get photos when all set up properly).

Anyway, back to this table, just having fun mucking around so far. Looking forward to actually checking out how to get some of the goals. 

On 08/02/2022 at 17:09, strider said:

I'll give it a go as well then, as I have it on FX3. On a 1080, and it's more than fine with everything turned up. 

1E8C99B9-58EC-4DA8-8084-43CBF2F2FB4C.jpeg

Best so far, it's a great table, has some of the sounds from Diner so that makes me happy, can be very frustrating tho as there is so much payoff for setting things up right that messing it up is really annoying.

I suck at hitting the left orbit for some reason.

PXL_20220210_212544844.thumb.jpg.7394499e3aa2dd0640e52e9adf05f2dd.jpg

HS2 on Pinball FX3 on XBox.

No super jackpots. Most of it came from supercharger where you get incremental 5M for each ramp shoot. If you can shoot the ramp and then hold the left flipper up as it returns you can sometimes 'ski pass' it back to the right flipper and repeat.

Happy with that.

Some other tips that I've stolen from watching comp players over the years 

After the plunge, if you struggle to shoot the top loop, then let it drain during ball saver. The relaunch will go around the loop and award rpm. You can usually get two or three drains and free rpm shots during ball save if you're quick!

In video mode toggle the gear stick a few times to get up to max speed, then try to drive between the lanes.

There's also a secret mania mode. if you happen to see three cop cars when you drive past the donut shop, then twiddle the gear shifter a few times. The downside of doing this though is that the game becomes really buggy and all sorts of bad things can happen. It's great that the emulated tables still keep these issues in them 😆 (most top tournament players will never activate secret mania because the bugs aren't worth it, and the bugs affect all players! Still, it's with knowing about if you're on ball three and feeling lucky)

8 hours ago, Wizcat said:

PXL_20220210_212544844.thumb.jpg.7394499e3aa2dd0640e52e9adf05f2dd.jpg

HS2 on Pinball FX3 on XBox.

No super jackpots. Most of it came from supercharger where you get incremental 5M for each ramp shoot. If you can shoot the ramp and then hold the left flipper up as it returns you can sometimes 'ski pass' it back to the right flipper and repeat.

Happy with that.

@Wizcat you really should download VPX.  The difference in physics with the Zen engine is night and day and a lot more realistic. 

1 hour ago, Omizzay said:

@Wizcat you really should download VPX.  The difference in physics with the Zen engine is night and day and a lot more realistic. 

Yeah I'll give it a go. My best gaming PC has a 970 series card so I'll see how it holds up! 

I appreciate it's not a level playing field otherwise (but I did fancy a quick go whilst that table was available on a platform I had access to 😊)