rllmuk Pinball League

bradigor

25 minutes ago, DUKENUKEM2UK said:

Sorry if I am being stupid here but is VPX a program on it's own that run on a PC/Windows Box

Yep, follolw the instructions in the Op to get going and ask away if you have any issues. 

Took ages sorting this last night. VP can be quite tricky if you are new. Because I run a high res a large screen (single screen)  , the score has to be dropped to the bottom, else I cannot easily read the info in game (even at double size !)  !.

Also seems to have a habit of not giving me my 3rd ball, even though I hear the ball dispenser clicking away. 

19 mil, no picture as I imagine it's way down the league. 

Current scores:

Omizzay (792,300,050)
Parappa (150,638,950)
bradigor (91,305,820)

If you submit a new score, can you also copy the list and add yourself to it in the position you score comes. Saves me a little time at the end searching the thread :) 

Love this table. Beat my score again (120m odd this time) but still feel there is loads of improvement to be had. 

4 ball multiball has my heart beating fast.

Omizzay (792,300,050)

mrben09 (238,577,20)
Parappa (150,638,950)
bradigor (91,305,820)

Great table with constant multi ball opportunities . 4 balls are a bit of a management challenge !  

D0C4CC1E-5ACB-4926-8946-60AB7AD05F89.jpeg

38 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Omizzay (792,300,050)

mrben09 (238,577,20)
Parappa (150,638,950)
bradigor (91,305,820)

Great table with constant multi ball opportunities . 4 balls are a bit of a management challenge !  

D0C4CC1E-5ACB-4926-8946-60AB7AD05F89.jpeg

Good placing of DMD there. Might try that .

Just now, mrben09 said:

Looks better in the photo than on a 55 inch screen ! You have to change it in preferences to double size . 

I have this issue on mine - its running at 4k desktop and VP but the DMD is so damn small. You can resize it and move it but it seems to be different for each table and a bit hit and miss.  

3 hours ago, Parappa said:

Nope. Cheers.

3 hours ago, mrben09 said:

No it appears. :) Appreciate it.

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases

Install both the x86 and x64 to you VPinMAME folder...

Run FlexDMDUI.exe and make sure 'DmdDevice.dll' and 'DmdDevice64.dll' are registered.
Then (this is important)...

Load setup.exe (in VPinMAME) and make sure you are setup like so..

image.png.c20b7dc1ea1cd0df14dda97ed03e8f69.png

This will allow Freezy to control the DMD and hide the built in one. 

When you load a table for the first time it should load the DMD which you can then resize by draqgging from the bottom right corner of the DMD and move to desired position. 

Right click the DMD and 'Save position globally'

This will then save the size/position for ALL tables. 

If you want to adjust for specific tables, then resize and position, right-click and choose 'save positionm for romname*'

If you don't get the FreezyDMD show for a table, it could be you loaded that table previously and will need to hit F1 to check table settings match the above image.

*romname will be the name f the rom eg: Pirates of the Caribbean is 'potc_600af' or similar

Omizzay (792,300,050)

mrben09 (446,076,070)
Parappa (150,638,950)
bradigor (91,305,820)

Davy Jones got dealt with. 

and I managed to make the DMD bigger by just windowing it in the menu and then dragging it 

9880AA21-F2C8-4A32-BDC5-2FADFA348C3D.jpeg

Omizzay (792,300,050)

mrben09 (446,076,070)

Mortis     (215,754,310)
Parappa (150,638,950)
bradigor (91,305,820)

Love how ridiculous this is with multiballs, first go since hooking up my old arcade stick - much more satisfying with buttons. 
I just need to figure out how to get the joystick (pov) to work as the plunger :)

22C2D3E2-2C52-461F-9A1D-68FA04620240.thumb.jpeg.3b96303b9eb560abbfc3b55c30ac5bcd.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Love how ridiculous this is with multiballs, first go since hooking up my old arcade stick - much more satisfying with buttons. 

I have a Pandora's box I was going to try with this but I think the buttons would need to be on the sides of the box...maybe not. ,🤔

23 minutes ago, Mortis said:

I’m finding just having big arcade buttons to press helps immensely. 
 I’d love one of the virtual cabs but unfortunately no room in the house :(

Same as me but tempted to kick the Mrs out 🤣