IGNORED

rllmuk Pinball League

bradigor

9 hours ago, bradigor said:

Yeah well up for one of those

Alright you guys call it.  My preference would be AFM as that's my favourite table of all time (though I'm not that great at it) but happy for any of these all time greats.

6 hours ago, mrben09 said:

Does the version you have recommended use the normal ROM ? 

I just used the version suggested by @Omizzayand it has no script errors with my existing ROMs 

My first proper go I decide to just shoot the saucer to get a feel for it, got this score and then since trying to do ramps and modes I’m now not able to get past about 3bn.

5D7B4C5F-4827-4A25-8D15-2D7AE6A6B90D.jpeg

Back to aiming for the saucer, Mars destroyed :D

I am terrible with the ramps, the little scoop for the modes and extra ball I've got sorted and the loops are okay, the ramps and ball lock feel quite tight to me.

Shooting the saucer I try and stick to using the left flipper.

AA088911-0CBD-4C88-BBBB-FE8BB9AA753F.jpeg

4.6bn now with combos on the ramps and mixing in saucer attacks. Just keep making silly rushed mistakes which cause unavoidable* drains down the middle and out lanes. 

*ITotally avoidable by not panicing and hammering the flippers.

Had a couple of goes at lunchtime and decided to do a screen record(apols, didn't realise frame rate limit was on) this is such a classic demo of my experience. happily shooting away at the saucer, under control, then you can see a brief pause when I realise I can get Total Annihilation, so I start it, then just absolute shambles until I'm back to one ball. Also, the two times I shoot the saucer with the right flipper it drains, really need to stop that.

As much as trapping usually goes even worse I should probably practice it because this nonsense needs to end :)

Also, bonus tips, video mode, just sweep left and right, you have one bomb on the launch button. Shoot the trap, lift the flipper to light two of the thingies behind the bumper and straight back into the trap to collect.

Sweat is dripping off me... Had a shit first ball at 60m ish, but my second ball was amazing, getting to around 11bn and then an average third. WOW

image.thumb.png.76001d999b41fefffde28705afcebdc2.png

==============================

CURRENT SCORES

Cheeko (13,024,556,800)

bradigor (12,215,556,740)

Girth Certificate (pinball FX pro physics) - 8,605,409,430

23 minutes ago, Cheeko said:

I’m waiting for @Omizzay to post a 20bn+ score, dunno why I feel like that’s the target.

Nah man.  Frustratingly, I keep getting around the 7Bn mark over and over.  Every time I get a disastrous first ball I automatically back out and restart, though looking at @bradigor's score maybe I should just persevere. 

I keep trying to go for the Rule the Universe requirements and that 5 way combo gets me every time.  Apparently if you manage to rule the universe that's where the big points are - 30-50Bn+ should be doable. 

Still a few days left...

spacer.png

CURRENT SCORES

Cheeko (13,024,556,800)

Parappa 6,106,131,500 - VPX

image.png.bb9f884737192190d31028ca1cf2a0c3.png

Only my 2nd go - will get a few more in before the weekend.  

This table is very similar to Medieval Madness - can I assume its by the same team?

37 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I read that as... "If Brad can get to 12bn, then anyone can" ;) :lol: 

Lol not at all.  But you mentioned you got only 60M on Ball 1 - I would've restarted the table already.  Maybe I should stick with all three balls regardless.

1 hour ago, Girth Certificate said:

Yeah both Brian Eddy design, Lyman Sheats software

I love the extra ball DMD, the animation as the alien gets sparked out is fantastic.

I also love the multiball animation with the jet shooting out the single missile while UFOs are trying shoot it down and when it hits the mothership you get that one thud on the central spaceship on the playfield.

This and Medieval Madness are truly Brian Eddy's and Lyman's best tables.  If anyone's interested about these historical tables and want to know more about their build process, releases etc I highly recommend you check out the Silverball Chronicles Podcast.

CURRENT SCORES

Cheeko (13,024,556,800)

Omizzay - 7,121,531,830

Parappa 6,106,131,500 - VPX

The fact that the score is a few orders of magnitude above every other table makes it feel feel more epic and exciting as well and it makes sense. You SHOULD get more points for fighting off a alien invasion than you do for going up a gear in your car or hitting a gopher on the golf course :lol: 

3 hours ago, Omizzay said:

This and Medieval Madness are truly Brian Eddy's and Lyman's best tables.  If anyone's interested about these historical tables and want to know more about their build process, releases etc I highly recommend you check out the Silverball Chronicles Podcast.

Been meaning to mention this, it's great, I did the history of Williams / Pinball is dying episodes and now working through the individual ones. It's mad that pinball was such a thing, then died, Stern somehow dragged it's dead corpse on for more years and now the machines are going for crazy money and the industry is growing again.