IGNORED

Zenith The Last City - VR MMO

Flub

I've started playing a new VR MMO called Zenith. It's a little bit janky, a little bit hard to parse but it's surprisingly good fun. A man with a Russsian accent told me I was echoing so I replied in a russian accent "You have nice buttocks" which got a laugh thankfully.

It's apparently a small dev team and still has a long way to go (Especially on QOL) but it's fun and I was sad when my quest 2 battery ran out

Despite the jank I'm having great fun with this. Support mage currently at level 7 but my gear is well behind so I'm going to do some grinding for crafting in the starter area.

Top tips.

1. Cooking. Initially interesting but ultimately slow. Cooking is still worth it for nice buffs during combat. Most important. Insert the battery first. Also there's a shop next to the cooking quest guy in the city (It only shows up when you walk close. You can buy basic ingredients there.

2. Gliding. Switch the gliding in the VR options to sensitive. Then when you hold out your arms to glide you can control your rise and fall (To gain speed and altitude) by twisting your hands.

3. Leave your voice on guys. I normally wouldn't but it's so much more fun when you can hear everyone.

4. There are crafting stations scattered around the maps that will let you craft gear (Gear can be worn as long as it's not more than 2 levels above you). You need mats for these. Some drop off the mobs in the zone. Others can be found in chests and via events that pop up on a timer. That's my plan for tonight.

5. Chests. Attack them to open them.

6. Look up how to do the stamina upgrade quests. Like BOTW it's super handy but hard to describe where the quest giver is in text.

7. Climbing. Like BOTW you can climb for as long as your stamina holds out. But this is VR so if you're trying to climb over something that extends outwards just reach your arm around :)

8. It's probably worthwhile watching some top tips or beginner guides on Youtube. The game doesn't explain most of the systems at all.

This should technically be called early access (And it actually is on Steam) but it's a full playable game and the small dev team has big plans. Currently it's incredibly good fun.

I've also ordered an elite strap with battery pack for my Quest 2 since the built in battery doesn't last long enough to keep me satisfied :)

Talk about a collaboration of niche. VR and MMO, and here I thought those VR team based shooters were like the worst idea ever from a financial and longevity point of view.

Hope it works out for em.

I've also been playing this and it's pretty good fun. Very janky but fun. Haven't quite gotten the hang of sensitive (or basic) gliding yet so that's a bit frustrating and I find reaching for my 'guns' to be annoyingly unreliable (I keep grabbing that bloody cookie or nothing at all) but that's probably because I've been playing sitting. I'll give it a go standing up tonight. 

Sensitive gliding is arms out with palms flat. Tilt down to descend and speed up, tilt up to gain height. It's just a shame the stamina is so restrictive for gliding since it's so much fun. Early access though. Maybe they'll realise that letting us glide more is much more fun.

Picked this up this morning and so far after about an hour I’m digging it a lot - been a long while since I really got into mmo (star wars galaxies).  looking forward to giving this a good go.  I like how the movement is similar to pop1 and combat so far has been good (blade master )