IGNORED

Nintendo Direct 9th February 10pm UK time - unreasonable hopes and impossible expectations

Strafe

16 minutes ago, HarMGM said:

A few months ago, I finally got a Steam Account. The Steam Deck announcement made me realize that we would never get Portal on a Nintendo system. So I got an account and bought two of my favourite games of all-time.

Then this Direct happened.

And now I want Portal 1+2 for my Switch Lite.

#betterondeck? More like #perfectforswitch @Mr. Gerbik!

Thank you for your service. 

1 minute ago, Death Adder said:

And Chocobo Racing too.

Imagine the poor kid who wants Mario Kart 8’s 48 new tracks for his birthday, but mum buys him Chocobo GP. 

“Here you are dear, it’s the one you wanted, isn’t it?”

Then the divorced dad, who’s barely keeping it together, shows up at the party at about 2:30, smelling vaguely of whiskey and piss, with fucking Disney Cars in hand. 

I’m not saying they don’t mean well, but…

25 minutes ago, Professor Puzzles said:

I hope gyro controls are in the Portal games, they work great with fps games.

Now, how's about some Half-Life games on Switch, eh?

Who needs half-life 3 when we are getting splatoon 3!

Perhaps it’s just me, but I reckon that’s the best Direct they’ve put on in years?!

Usually a couple of games catch my eye, but there was so many awesome looking titles here! And when Kirby swallowed the car, I nearly spat my tea out.

13 minutes ago, Yasawas said:

Genuinely struggling to believe there’s an Octopath-engined remake of Live A Live on the way. Megaton. 

oh, and everything else. 

Is it just me who has no idea what Live A Live is? 

Including the Mario Kart DLC with the Online Expansion Pass thing certainly makes it a more tempting proposition, but the 48! extra tracks are something I’m going to want forever considering I’ve bought the main game so I’m definitely going to buy them outright I think. 

1 minute ago, SuperFamiTom said:

Including the Mario Kart DLC with the Online Expansion Pass thing certainly makes it a more tempting proposition, but the 48! extra tracks are something I’m going to want forever considering I’ve bought the main game so I’m definitely going to buy them outright I think. 

CDKeys will likely have it at a reduced price. I bought the Animal Crossing DLC from them and saved a fiver or so…

9 hours ago, MW_Jimmy said:

It's ported over versions of the Mario Kart Tour content.

That version of Sky Garden is coming to it next week. They've been porting these versions/ changing them up/ remixing into that game for the last two years. For free.

Nintendo sure know how to get folks happy on recycled content ;)

Oh. Well, that makes this less impressive if true. 

I’ll have to watch this again there was just so much stuff - but off the top of my head, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem Warriors, Kirby, Mario Strikers, Switch Sports and Splatoon 3 are all day one must haves for me. Then there’s Front Mission and Chrono Cross remakes.

And that’s before we even consider stuff they didn’t show but have already announced such as Bayonetta 3, Mario vs Rabbids 2, erm and Breath of The Wild 2.

Oh and that little MK8D update.

:blink:

And bloody No Man’s Sky, on Switch! 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Is it just me who has no idea what Live A Live is? 

Literally just you, yes.

But not really! It's one of those late-period SquareSoft RPGs from the final days of the SNES which they've never officially translated or hinted at doing anything with before now. 8 or 9 mini-stories with different characters in different time periods that all come together in a clever way. It's even more unexpected and welcome than the Trials of Mana translation they did a few years back.

3 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

So was this just another Direct that was 80% remakes and rereleases then? Like E3 2021?

Fire Emblem Warriors, Kirby, Mario Strikers, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Splatoon 3?