IGNORED

Nintendo Direct 9th February 10pm UK time - unreasonable hopes and impossible expectations

Strafe

15 hours ago, HarMGM said:

Hooray, a new Nintendo Direct that will announce a slew of titles for Rllmuk to ignore, be underwhelmed by or whine that it’s stuck on low powered hardware. To then complain at the end of the year that nothing released on the system.

Can’t wait!

Hah! :D yes!

pos +1 

I would like something to spend my remaining voucher on pls, it expires in October and I'm not convinced yet that I'll play Advance Wars again :D

But yes I'm also here for FZero-SX
, GB Online, Starfox, Metroid Primes etc etc

I can smell Metroid Dread DLC, bolt on some of the content that didn;t make the first release with some new abilities

4 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

GTA VI exclusive shadow drop.

Nintendo announces it has acquired Sega.

New Starfox with significant online mode.

F-Zero and Wave Race reboots.

Restock on N64 controllers.

Switch Pro but the twist is it’s a free firmware update that makes your console more powerful and capable of outputting 4k.

Mario Kart 9 revealed (as FTP mobile game).

Come on. Let's try to be at least slightly realistic with our predictions. 

5 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

Restock on N64 controllers.

Complimentary pair of N64 controllers sent to all those who have been waiting patiently to give Nintendo their money like complete fucking idiots, as an apology and so they can play Goldeneye using control scheme 2.2 'Galore'.

33 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

The official line is that "it will be a 40-minute video focusing on Switch titles releasing in the first half of 2022".

So don't expect anything too wild people.

Last time though we got the shadow drop of a revival of the 2D Metroid series! Out of the blue and it also happened to end up being the best game in the series!

I'm thriving for wild! 

I’ve just read, from a reasonably credible source, that we could well see a sequel to a switch game that sold 3 MILLION COPIES. (Potentially) Prepare yourselves for the follow up to

Spoiler

1,2 Switch

7 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Nintendo this last week reiterated that they consider the Switch to be "in the middle of its life cycle", so now I genuinely half-expect them to announce a successor system tomorrow evening.

If a console was in the middle of its cycle, wouldn't you expect them to be churning out games, rather than, like, fuck all?

34 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I’ve just read, from a reasonably credible source, that we could well see a sequel to a switch game that sold 3 MILLION COPIES. (Potentially) Prepare yourselves for the follow up to

Reveal hidden contents

1,2 Switch

Spoiler

3, 4 Switch?

14 minutes ago, Hylian said:

If a console was in the middle of its cycle, wouldn't you expect them to be churning out games, rather than, like, fuck all?

1. Nintendo first-party studios are few in number, and likely work on one project at a time - then have some actual R&D time between said projects - before moving onto the next. So the games take a little longer but are often of a far higher quality than most.
  2. Pandemic.

31 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

1. Nintendo first-party studios are few in number, and likely work on one project at a time - then have some actual R&D time between said projects - before moving onto the next. So the games take a little longer but are often of a far higher quality than most.
  2. Pandemic.

Or it's not really mid cycle, it's end of cycle. Switch 2 out next year and the big hitters are being saved for launch. 

1 hour ago, yakumo said:

Zelda WInd Waker and Twilight Double pack finally?

A double pack? Have you met nintendo? This ain't the gamecube days.

Man I miss them days.

Zelda? Put an extra 4 Zelda games in it..

Animal crossing? Put a Nes in it.