Jump to content

Vampire Survivors - DLC Out Now.


moosegrinder
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm out for the evening but spent the avo playing via cloud on my iPad. 

 

Hit 30 mins on the forest. Unlocked some new characters, and on the forest run it was with a bear character can't recall name, but again I didn't have to do anything for the last 10 mins bar move in a circle to collect exp. So I got to level 100. 

 

It throws achievements at you too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I rule the world, everyone that has talked this game up on here is going to be sent to the same pit that all those fuckers who got me into Hades are going to. 

 

'I'll have one quick go to see what everyone's waffling on about' turned into 'mad rush to get the youngest to football on time'. A 5 minute nosey turned into a 3 hour sesh. This  could test my relationships. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Any tips or techniques to follow to survive in this for more than 11 minutes?

 

Currently I’m focussing on just 3-4 power ups per run to boost if I can.

 

That's when the skeletons show up. I guess just work on some money runs and try different upgrades. AFAIK there's no downside to spending money in the upgrades and refunding it to try something different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Indy @ S.E.

That's the first big hurdle, time-wise. Don't forget you can spend your gold on the main menu and should probably focus on survivability related upgrades to begin with to increase your game time. Focussing on a few weapons is a good tactic early in the metagame, just try and get ones that compliment each other, so if you have a short range weapon try getting a longer ranged or area attack to compliment it. In the early stage of the metagame, you'll find you last longer with close range area denial, like Garlic, upgraded whip, etc. This lets you carve out holes when you are surrounded. 

 

Chickens (HP restore) can spawn from destructible scenery, but if you stay in one place you probably won't spawn any more in, so keep moving. Don't just go in one direction though because you'll end up leaving loads of gems on the ground, try to do big loops or retrace your steps from time to time.

 

For mini boss enemies (the big ones with loads of HP), it's worth focussing on them when you can, because they will drop the almighty chests which are the key to staying ahead of the enemy power curve. I could give more tips but half the fun is figuring it all out for yourself, good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The key to winning is to evolve as many weapons as possible. Each weapon has a linked skill, once you get level 8 of a weapon and you have the right skill, the next chest you get will be an evolve ( most of the time anyway). Quite often when I'm on a high level weapon and have the correct skill I will leave any chests until I'm at level 8.

 

Some weapons evolve in slightly different ways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been chipping away at this and to give you an idea of where I am at, I get to last about 14 mins on Stage 1.  Something mad just happened, suddenly my character got some insane upgrade and was destroying everything in a rain of bullet-hellfire, so much so that I managed to survive the whole 30 mins killing almost 10K baddies in the process.  I have no clue what I did to get that, might it have been something from a Chest..?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Danster said:

The key to winning is to evolve as many weapons as possible. Each weapon has a linked skill, once you get level 8 of a weapon and you have the right skill, the next chest you get will be an evolve ( most of the time anyway). Quite often when I'm on a high level weapon and have the correct skill I will leave any chests until I'm at level 8.

 

Some weapons evolve in slightly different ways.

I really want to know what the 3rd item I'm missing to evolve the left right shooty things. 

 

No one tell me mind. I'm gonna work this out myself.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Wait you can upgrade at the main menu? 😂 

 

We’ve been playing for about 2 hours lol,  will give that a look tomorrow.

 

What a wally haha

 

Also you can use the money to buy the blacked out characters. I like the dude on the far right, he lobs knives as standard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, marcus said:

I have been chipping away at this and to give you an idea of where I am at, I get to last about 14 mins on Stage 1.  Something mad just happened, suddenly my character got some insane upgrade and was destroying everything in a rain of bullet-hellfire, so much so that I managed to survive the whole 30 mins killing almost 10K baddies in the process.  I have no clue what I did to get that, might it have been something from a Chest..?

I had this, its a power up that gives you a flame that destroys anything in its path. I got it once during the skele attack, fantastic! Then you need hoover to pick everything up!

 

My current go to is Impela (one of the starting characters) with the Laurel shield, spinning bibles and wand. I have been buying Into luck on the start screen as this does seem to help with the crazy power ups, health drops and bags of money from torches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now I might be imagining this, but I think if you don't get all the XP crystals that eventually the game will hoover them all up when you get too far away and you'll find a red one that will suddenly level you up a bunch. So while it's always good to be trying to get as much as you can, don't worry if you miss any.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a pickup that makes all the gems you've missed come flying in.

 

Another tip I'd forgotten about, until I played this morning, is if there are skills on the level, don't pick them up until you've filled your 6 slots. The game will allow you to go over 6 if you pick ones that are already on a level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jg15 said:

I had this, its a power up that gives you a flame that destroys anything in its path. I got it once during the skele attack, fantastic! Then you need hoover to pick everything up!

 

My current go to is Impela (one of the starting characters) with the Laurel shield, spinning bibles and wand. I have been buying Into luck on the start screen as this does seem to help with the crazy power ups, health drops and bags of money from torches.

 

Its not the normal pickup type that lasts a short time, the one I got lasted for about 20 minutes!  I think its to do with what someone said earlier about needing to evolve weapons, I guess I stumbled onto this somehow and it was pretty insane.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are the drops from the chests just random?

 

Also on a related note, I connected one of my Switch Pro controllers to the Mac to play this via Bluetooth, which is great. But now that controller seems to have a blue light on it that doesn’t switch off, even when not connected to the Mac…that doesn’t seem right does it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Are the drops from the chests just random?

 

Also on a related note, I connected one of my Switch Pro controllers to the Mac to play this via Bluetooth, which is great. But now that controller seems to have a blue light on it that doesn’t switch off, even when not connected to the Mac…that doesn’t seem right does it?

 

Mostly, but the upgrades are based on the upgrades you picked up. Certain weapons will evolve through chests but only if you've sussed out the combo. That is, get two upgrades to their max level, and if they're compatible it'll evolve with a chest. Also, the Luck upgrade can vastly influence chest contents.

Once you want to influence your build more directly, you'll probably start to encounter options to skip or even remove upgrade options from your level up. And that's where you fall into the rabbit hole proper. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

 

Mostly, but the upgrades are based on the upgrades you picked up. Certain weapons will evolve through chests but only if you've sussed out the combo. That is, get two upgrades to their max level, and if they're compatible it'll evolve with a chest. Also, the Luck upgrade can vastly influence chest contents.

Once you want to influence your build more directly, you'll probably start to encounter options to skip or even remove upgrade options from your level up. And that's where you fall into the rabbit hole proper. :P


Oh yes I get that, cheers - but I mean if you get 1,3 or 5 drops, is that completely random or can you influence it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • moosegrinder changed the title to Vampire Survivors - DLC Out Now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.