IGNORED

Xenoblade Chronicles 3

revlob

Looks pretty much the same as the previous games, albeit with robot transformations and six rather than three party members (presumably operating in pairs, per the robot usage). Given the previous games operated on a simple system of semi-automatic attacks and timed, synergistic abilities, I imagine this won't be too difficult to get to grips with.

(as ever, the UI is hilariously busy, though) 

I'm just hoping the robots don't indicate a whole new gacha system of mech parts.

Nintendo of America have confirmed the Special Edition will be a Nintendo Store exclusive in the U.S -

Just the game, a steelbook and an artbook. Yet to be confirmed if the U.K special edition of XC3 will be limited to one retailer.

7 hours ago, the_debaser said:

The battle system looks complicated as fuck. 

Yeah, looked like at least six simultaneous characters there? I guess XC2 had that if you counted the blades, but still.

I found XC2’s battle complexity just right, while Torna confused the hell out of me. XC1 was too simple by the late game - spam arts and wait for them to recharge, mostly. 

8 hours ago, Strafe said:

I found the combat in XC2 pretty dull. All auto attacks with occasional button presses. Bounced off it hard.

Once you unlock art-to-art cancels, multiple blades and the ability to use arts from the start of battle, it’s almost constantly interactive. Cancel this art into that, into a blade switch into a blade art, etc. All while following art combo paths to build up orbs for a chain attack.

I am yet to play the first game, played the second and quite enjoyed it so picked up the switch version of the original a while back with the intention to play it before the third game came out. Now it's knocked all my backlog out of whack as I wasn't due to play it until later in the year :D

Think I'll make a start this weekend ^_^ But I am looking forward to this and already "hinted" to my wife that it's coming out before my birthday in August ^_^ 

4 hours ago, Alexlotl said:

Once you unlock art-to-art cancels, multiple blades and the ability to use arts from the start of battle, it’s almost constantly interactive. Cancel this art into that, into a blade switch into a blade art, etc. All while following art combo paths to build up orbs for a chain attack.

Would I have unlocked those 15-20

hours in? I’m not denying it want complex or had depth, I just found the auto attacking element rather dull unfortunately.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MikeBeaver said:

Yeah... but where's the sodding collectors edition at eh?? 😛

Pre-orders go live in late July according to Nintendo UK's Twitter account -

The US Nintendo Store buckled under the strain of all of America trying to pre-order the XC3 SE yesterday -

https://www.ign.com/articles/xenoblade-chronicles-3-special-edition-nintendo-store-struggles

Surely this won't happen here, right?

9 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

You buying two to keep one sealed?

Only allowed to buy 1 collectors ed, so it will stay sealed, like the DE version I have, still trying to get XC2 set sealed at a reasonable price though.

Will be buying and opening a standard edition day 1, and I shall devour the bloody game immediately, I've played through 2, Torna and if I can smash Link's Awakening ( £11.40 at a street sale Saturday 😛 ) quick enough, I might try to start XC 1 DE again, although not to fussed about that, the combats shit compared to 2 and Torna.

• 2 weeks later...

Tch, buying nice editions of games in order to keep them sealed, a ridiculous notion! I hope to get the ridiculous tat edition so I can open it, play it, look at the pretty pictures, rip its music* and then have it sat with my other well-loved Unnecessarily Big Boys behind my TV, like a sensible person.

20220620_142146_copy_1600x1200.thumb.jpg.48d12b73d19cb40c397e48d11fe3310d.jpg

The totes currently bookending my shelf will just have to go somewhere else, I fear.

(unless it turns out to be rubbish somehow, in which case it'll be opened, played, then sold on)

*assuming the European version comes with a soundtrack