IGNORED

Nintendo Switch Sports - Nintendo aiming for the PS2's record.

HarMGM

On 29/04/2022 at 19:04, Corranga said:

Just put this on, jumped straight into online bowling.

My first round: 173 

2nd place: 47

3rd place: 42

So… rllmuk is good at this and the world is crap?!

The badminton is great. Lots of nuance and gives you a rapid tactical badminton game. Didn't struggle to match an opponent once, but then it is opening weekend.

The rage quitters are pissing me off.

We’ve had some cracking games where we’ve straight sweeped people for them to quit and us loose our hard earned points.

Nintendo need to sort it out so we keep the well earned points for our prize boxes 🤬

Well I was really loving online bowling, but now it can fucking fuck off and fucking die.

I don't mind the challenge type lanes if I choose to play them, but every game I getting online now has advanced lanes when I just want regular bowling.  It doesn't help that I'm shit and them and have ended up going from often winning or reaching the semis, to constantly getting eliminated in the first round.  Fuck off.

I have this on my Switch. My son, who’s 9 and has his own Switch plus an online membership that’s separate to mine (ie. not on a family account), has been playing it on my machine this weekend and would like to get unlockables when playing the game on my Switch. Unfortunately he’s only been able to play as a ‘guest’ online so far - basically he has a profile in his name on my Switch, but it has nothing to do with his ‘real’ one on his own machine, where he has his online membership.

Is there an easy way to add his proper profile onto my Switch as well without affecting his own console? Having to be always online as a requirement with mine is fine, as he’ll only be playing Switch Sports with me on my Switch when he’s over at mine… for everything else he has his own game. I don’t want there to be some weird thing where it suddenly starts trying to load his entire library on my Switch or affects access on his own console. I just want him to have his profile on my console too for this one game, so that he can play Switch Sports online on my Switch, rank up and unlock hats and stuff. Is it possible?

3 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

I have this on my Switch. My son, who’s 9 and has his own Switch plus an online membership that’s separate to mine (ie. not on a family account), has been playing it on my machine this weekend and would like to get unlockables when playing the game on my Switch. Unfortunately he’s only been able to play as a ‘guest’ online so far - basically he has a profile in his name on my Switch, but it has nothing to do with his ‘real’ one on his own machine, where he has his online membership.

Is there an easy way to add his proper profile onto my Switch as well without affecting his own console? Having to be always online as a requirement is fine, as he’ll only be playing Switch Sports with me on my Switch when he’s over at mine… for everything else he has his own game. I don’t want there to be some weird thing where it suddenly starts trying to load his entire library on my Switch - I just want him to have his profile here too so that he can play Switch Sports online on my Switch, rank up and unlock hats and stuff.

I haven't tried this, and I don't know if it will do it, but when you create another user on the system, there is a link to a Nintendo account option.  Have you looked at that?

1 hour ago, Stejay said:

I haven't tried this, and I don't know if it will do it, but when you create another user on the system, there is a link to a Nintendo account option.  Have you looked at that?

No, I wanted to see if anyone here knew rather than experimenting!

I have both my daughter's accounts on my switch, which they also use on theirs. You sometimes get some odd messages about cloud saves, but otherwise it works fine. 

Only started playing today, favourites so far are Tennis, Badminton and of course, Bowling. 

Tried Volleyball and I quite like it, there’s more depth to it and so it’s not as immediately intuitive or gratifying as the others perhaps but I liked what I played. 

The game comes alive online - especially Tennis, and it’s all super slick with the usual Nintendo presentation. 

But, despite all its good points, Switch Sports does seem a bit of a paltry offering with just six events (Golf to be added later) and it seems pretty obvious that this will be one of the future expansion pack games they use the online subscription for - only evidenced further by the fact you really do need to play it online to get the most from it. 

Don’t get me wrong everything here is exactly how you would expect it to be and really enjoyable, there’s just not a lot of it, even at the more budget friendly price. 

Also disappointed there’s no table top mode, what the hell am I gonna do now on my rooftop terrace?

Football is the best thing here, mainly because it's on-the-ground Rocket League, and Rocket League is one of the best games of all time. It plays brilliantly. My only complaint is that the game speed could be a teeny bit faster.

31 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I’ve yet to play the football so I’ll look forward to that one later, better than Bowling though? 

I reckon so. While it's great fun, the main problem with the battle royale online bowling is that if you don't get a strike or a spare every single time you're basically out, and you can be 'out' with no hope of getting back with still a couple of bowls to go in the current round. It's just a teensy bit too easy to get a spare or strike, which is an issue for the longevity of the game - I have little doubt that after a couple of weeks, the top 10k players will be getting pretty much a perfect score every single time. This is why I'm looking forward to playing an online game with obstacles after I've ranked up enough. 

By the way, @Hexx - was that you I saw at the weekend online getting an insane score while coming first, or just someone with the same name?

10 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

I reckon so. While it's great fun, the main problem with the battle royale online bowling is that if you don't get a strike or a spare every single time you're basically out, and you can be 'out' with no hope of getting back with still a couple of bowls to go in the current round. It's just a teensy bit too easy to get a spare or strike, which is an issue for the longevity of the game - I have little doubt that after a couple of weeks, the top 10k players will be getting pretty much a perfect score every single time. This is why I'm looking forward to playing an online game with obstacles after I've ranked up enough. 

Twice in a row I was eliminated in the 1st round despite bowling a spare every time. You could only progress in these by getting a strike every time. No idea how anyone eventually won. I was too pissed off to spectate but wish I had now,

38 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

By the way, @Hexx - was that you I saw at the weekend online getting an insane score while coming first, or just someone with the same name?

Nothing to do with me - don't have it and no interest

Got back from hols and first thing sorted was the purchase of this of course… wtf is going on, firstly it wants me to create a character and only offers me a few female presets and for some reason my mii isnt on my switch even tho my avatar is a pic of my mii….. but then it really takes a turn for the worse, why have the changed the damn controls?!? Its bad enough you dont let go of the button in bowling but worse still is they moved the move left / right onto the analogue stick :o this is all very confusing and I dont like it!

I mean the game plays well, its not quite the same as wii sports bowling (all ive tried so far) but its got the basics there and seems accurate on the joycons - well after i moved my switch from behind the telly….

Family tournament arranged for tomorrow - full report to follow…

On 01/05/2022 at 18:17, Stejay said:

Well I was really loving online bowling, but now it can fucking fuck off and fucking die.

I don't mind the challenge type lanes if I choose to play them, but every game I getting online now has advanced lanes when I just want regular bowling.  It doesn't help that I'm shit and them and have ended up going from often winning or reaching the semis, to constantly getting eliminated in the first round.  Fuck off.

That'll be because you're in the Pro league, it unlocks after 10 games. You can pause being in it in the options, that should put you back on standard lanes. I only know that because it was on one of the loading screens, seems like a lot of useful information is only shown there!

As fun as the sports are generally, I will say my kids have become OBSESSED with unlocking clothes and stuff. To the point I’m barely playing because ‘we only get points online’. 

Massive hit in our household, I’ve never seen my missus become so animated over a video game before. 

I can understand some of the criticism over the lack of depth or customisation options, but what they’ve done is basically what they did with the original 15 years ago - make a game inviting to anyone and everyone, if you can do the motions of the sports then you can have a go, and there’s no overly fussy menus or selection screens to get in your way. 

10 hours ago, GokouD said:

That'll be because you're in the Pro league, it unlocks after 10 games. You can pause being in it in the options, that should put you back on standard lanes. I only know that because it was on one of the loading screens, seems like a lot of useful information is only shown there!

Ah, thanks for that.  I'd not as strongly against the challenge lanes as I seemed, but I still want the choice and would probably play own standard lanes 8/10 times.

I think this is brilliant. Straight in no fuss fun. Exactly what I want from online gaming.

I've had some mismatches in Tennis and Badminton, but then along come a couple of close ones and it's tense and magnificent

Football is basically on the ground Rocket League with a Skyward Sword stamina gauge slapped on so naturally it's ace. Actually it feels more Skyward Sword than that. It's Link football with you running around twatting the ball with the master sword. It feels about as inclusive as competitive online gaming can get, managing to strike a great balance between being involved in the action and that feeling of playing with others and being part of a team. Then that golden ball drops in sometimes so a trailing team can feel like they can get back into the match. All very perfectly Nintendo.

My arm is aching this morning. In a good way.

15 hours ago, GokouD said:

Scratch my earlier reply.  I mean thanks anyway, but that does jack shit to which type of game you end up playing.  I've changed it in options and still getting most games with advanced lanes.  Not happy.

Bit of a shit workaround, but you could start a two player online game. These contribute to points, but I don't believe contribute to being pro.