Quordle - Wordle on steroids - 4x the fun

Commander Jameson

Good grief on the SE today! Even when I had four letters I still couldn't see it and had to sacrifice a turn with a word I knew to be incorrect just to try and identify the placings. Even then it took awhile to see it. And it's not even an unusual word!

Daily Quordle 154
4️⃣6️⃣
5️⃣8️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yeah SE, was nasty. I was lucky in getting the 4th letter locked in, which probably made it the only option, but it still took a while to see it.

Daily Quordle 154
5️⃣7️⃣
6️⃣8️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟨 ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

What the hell was SE yesterday? I had three letters (in the wrong position) : T, O, U. But based on the positions they couldn't go in and the other letters I had available I couldn't make any words! Timed out in the end as I was determined not to cheat :(

4 minutes ago, Polmon said:

What the hell was SE yesterday? I had three letters (in the wrong position) : T, O, U. But based on the positions they couldn't go in and the other letters I had available I couldn't make any words! Timed out in the end as I was determined not to cheat :(

Outdo - it messed me up as well

Yeah, it was only getting the D in the right place that saved me, as mentioned. I had all the other letters, but it still took me a while. I think I find it really hard to put vowels at the front generally, and especially 2 of them together.

Today's I found oddly satisfying. Had just enough at every stage. I'm not getting many 3s recently though. Partly the plan - going for a letter grab at the start, but if I found enough to make a guess I absolutely would. It's just not happening. I'm going to shake up my starters, maybe go for more common letters first...

Daily Quordle 155
7️⃣6️⃣
5️⃣4️⃣
quordle.com
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩 🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ 🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

Got another 6 today. A couple of lucky guesses, but the first two guesses gave me NW on a plate, which led me to NE and SE, then I could only see one word that fit in SW, which landed 👍

Daily Quordle 157
3️⃣5️⃣
6️⃣4️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

16 hours ago, FishyFish said:

Oh, sod you SE! Three options with two remaining tries and I pick the two incorrect choices. :(

Daily Quordle 158
5️⃣4️⃣
7️⃣🟥
quordle.com
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩

I just got stung in the same exact way, even knowing that I had two guesses and should sacrifice one guess to dismiss two options, I didn't do that and instead just guessed twice and was wrong both times. I can only blame myself. 

Enjoyed this one. I'd used enough letters in my first 3 guesses, that the first one was obvious, and the rest couldn't be too many other things.

Daily Quordle 160
6️⃣5️⃣
4️⃣7️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜ 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩 ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜