Street Fighter VI - Here Comes a New Challenger! PS5, XSX, PC in 2023!

Captain Kelsten

1 hour ago, Kayin Amoh said:

What a weird trailer. Seriously hoping there's a Johnny Lawrence outfit for Ken.

Been hoping for this since even before the Ken design leaked

They're on track to have a complete game at launch this time (well, as complete as a fighting game could be in a post-DLC world) and the World Tour stuff looks genuinely interesting. Can't wait for a deeper dive into that.

Great minds, etc.  Now I'm dying to see Ken's new down and out training regime to boot.

Spoiler

It is a shame there's gonna be a million DLC characters, but aside from that it's looking incredibly fully featured. Digging the effort they're putting in, even if most of my fave characters are gone. Back to Cammy, I guess.

... at least until Haggar's revealed.

I'm out and about so I don't know where the info from (possibly the UI in the trailer) but a friend said that online points are back to being per-character like SSFIV so that's good.

I'm thinking Kimberly and Ken for me so far. Unless one of the new characters is really annoying.

E-Honda man, that's the good shizzle! 

That's the most exciting announcement of the year I think, so much stuff to unpack and looks like Capcom is finally treating SF the way it deserves!

6 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Love the new Lou Ferrigno Blanka.

It's like they had a perfect baby together :wub:

7 hours ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Word! FUCK Blanka, man.

Wow, even I wouldn't go that far but you know, maybe I would too with this new design :wub:

Yeah, Ken is looking good, interesting to see how complex he is in this version with all the extra moves and property changes to specials he gets out of run. I'm leaning towards him or Juri at the moment from the current roster. I'm not that keen on Juri though, as her super activation where she literally bends over backwards makes me wince every time I see it.

Justin Wong got invited to Capcom's US offices to play Ken. He does a great job going into real depth explaining some of the intricacies of the character. Nice to see footage of the character in the hands of a master too. Also, Ken, with the blonde bob and brown jacket with the white collar... ARE YOU OK?

MOTW_Terry_Art.png

Loving the look of this, what is a good moderate priced arcade stick for this? I feel the controller lets me down when trying joystick sweeping movements. Like the idea of a knob between my fingers. :lol:

2 hours ago, Pug said:

Loving the look of this, what is a good moderate priced arcade stick for this? I feel the controller lets me down when trying joystick sweeping movements. Like the idea of a knob between my fingers. :lol:

I would keep my eyes out before launch, as I'm sure peripheral manufacturers will be wanting to get stuff on the market for this game's release, but a Qanba Drone is likely your best bet for a decent stick on the affordable end of the scale. Wireless is not an incredibly popular feature as most sticks are aimed at tournament play and wireless introduces lag (not to mention occasionally causing issues when not properly decoupled from a console), but 8bitdo make a similarly priced stick that offers it.