Street Fighter VI - Here Comes a New Challenger! PS5, XSX, PC in 2023!

Captain Kelsten

It feels like a real swerve of a roster to me:

Spoiler

No SF3 characters despite being set closer to it and having some shared aesthetics

No Final Fight characters despite making a big deal of Metro City

Missing younger characters like Sakura and Karin

No G/Q

No doubt some or all of those will change with DLC but for all them to be true at once is surprising.

1 hour ago, Retroid said:

Very crazy "leak" of characters, probably legit and spoils entire roster:

Hide contents

FUT7u_HWQAAHCgZ.jpeg.9cc7cae17b9d35df3ebbb9bf90c23bd5.jpeg

Spoiler

The E in E Honda stands for Edmond?!

22 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

I assume this all still takes place before SF III then?

Its after V … so probably.

Looks lovely, hope it plays well for scrubs like me (not the simplified controls - more the input buffers)

… needs more Spanish ninja 😜

2 minutes ago, winky said:

needs more Spanish ninja 😜

Seconded. My main (and extremely annoying, even for high level Japanese players in Akihabara arcades lol) team in vs SNK 2 was Dictator, Claw, Blanka. In that order, the most annoying of playstyles getting progressively more annoying with each character. Ah, simpler times.

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I've stopped playing Street Fighter completely. I simply don't have the time to invest or the drive to compete. But this looks great. It has Blanka right from the start. It has some interesting looking single player stuff. It will presumably be released in a finished state this time around. I love the art style. Shit, I feel the need to buy it creeping up on me.

Sad to say that it's a "same here" for me too.  Although I did sort of start playing Ultra SFII recently, I can't be arsed playing SF4 or SF5.

29 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Needs more Rufus.

I would definitely like to see a few more big bodies in the cast. I wonder if Birdie will make it back? I'm sure Sagat will at some point.

23 minutes ago, imp said:

I would definitely like to see a few more big bodies in the cast. I wonder if Birdie will make it back? I'm sure Sagat will at some point.

Really hope you're right there, would love Birdie back as well.

Also really hoping herp derp Hugo is 'early in development' :lol:

hugo.png.fd0055b0bc983db498ff883f64262fbb.png

1 hour ago, joffocakes said:

Needs more Rufus.

31 minutes ago, Benny said:

:hmm:

The only SF character even more annoying than Blanka :)

18 minutes ago, Rsdio said:

Really hope you're right there, would love Birdie back as well.

Also really hoping herp derp Hugo is 'early in development' :lol:

hugo.png.fd0055b0bc983db498ff883f64262fbb.png

Looks more like movie Zangief and movie Blanka had a kid together

About that supposed leaked roster

Spoiler

Are they really going to add a Russian character to the game? I get Zangief is already in there and has to be Russian but surely well groomed Santa is going to get a different nationality? 

11 minutes ago, bear said:

About that supposed leaked roster

Hide contents

Are they really going to add a Russian character to the game? I get Zangief is already in there and has to be Russian but surely well groomed Santa is going to get a different nationality? 

Maybe the end credits will be Putin arriving in a helicopter to do a squat dance.

Zangief is good, fictional, better than life Russia. Unless he draws a fucking Z with his hands for his win pose I've no problem with his inclusion (other than being someone I'll never use).

The roster looks a bit safe for my liking. They've retained a lot of boring, expected characters and jettisoned the fun, lively ones. Maybe it's something about the less goofy aesthetic that they want more grounded characters in there, but I'd happily vaporize half that cast for one inclusion of Viper.  But then, with a roster the size of SF's over the years you'll never keep everyone happy.

For example, KoF XV has a great cast, Jenet and Gato are great DLC additions, but huge amounts of characters just aren't in there and the roster's over 40 people iirc. Still loads of faves missing.

I'm moderately hyped regardless, but it's likely going to be another good looking fighter I don't play because I'm waiting for the right character, then they add one of my faves and I still don't play. It's like GG Strive and Baiken all over again.

Oh. Oh! Gamepad bros, a question if you will. Anyone else not played a fighting game seriously for a while, then suddenly put some real time in? I did that was KoF XV one day (just testing chars, no long term stuff) when I got a Series X copy and I got the first gaming blister I've had in at least 20 years. Anyone else's skin become weak from analogue central gaming?

49 minutes ago, Quest said:

Unless the character is spouting Kremlin propaganda between bouts I'm not sure why it's a problem. Are we meant to erase Russian people from all media now?

I'm just surprised as companies are normally so eager to avoid controversy and to me at least it feels like adding a Russian character is going to attract negative attention no matter how they are represented in game. Maybe I'm being silly and it won't matter but I wouldn't be surprised if that characters nationality changed to avoid any discussion about the merits of adding a Russian fighter. 

11 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Eh, I doubt it. He's always been a mainstay.

Weirdest change in recent memory is that Pai from VF's now from China instead of Hong Kong.

I'm not talking about Zangief. 

2 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Zangief is good, fictional, better than life Russia. Unless he draws a fucking Z with his hands for his win pose I've no problem with his inclusion (other than being someone I'll never use).

I'd love to see the outrage if he actually did that, just for a laugh

Further leaks popping up

Spoiler

A video of Cammy's Super Art, her traditional costume versus the new outfit plus a menu animation of scruffy Ken.

Ended up on 4chan to see some of these. I'd never been on there before what the fuck I'll not be back.

One interesting thing about the current suggested  roster is that it allows space for complete character packs for the past games.

I think it’s quite plausible to for them to do for example an ‘Alpha’ pack and only have characters from that series. This might also add weight to getting new people picking up the game when the characters from the series they love all drop together.