IGNORED

Sedecordle - when Quordle isn't enough - 16x the fun of Wordle

robotattack

On the surface this seems a bit ridiculous, but as a lot of the words share the same letters it's probably do-able. There isn't a lot of margin for error though. 

http://sedecordle.com/?mode=daily

These are my results from the last couple of days. The first time I didn't actually know how many words were there until I later realised I could scroll down. 😳

Daily #7
0️⃣8️⃣⬛0️⃣6️⃣
🟥🟥⬛1️⃣0️⃣
2️⃣1️⃣⬛🟥🟥
🟥🟥⬛1️⃣5️⃣
1️⃣6️⃣⬛2️⃣0️⃣
1️⃣1️⃣⬛1️⃣3️⃣
🟥🟥⬛1️⃣9️⃣
1️⃣8️⃣⬛1️⃣7️⃣
sedecordle.com

Daily #8
0️⃣4️⃣⬛0️⃣7️⃣
1️⃣1️⃣⬛0️⃣9️⃣
1️⃣7️⃣⬛1️⃣9️⃣
🟥🟥⬛0️⃣5️⃣
1️⃣2️⃣⬛1️⃣3️⃣
1️⃣4️⃣⬛2️⃣0️⃣
1️⃣5️⃣⬛1️⃣8️⃣
1️⃣6️⃣⬛🟥🟥
sedecordle.com

It's quite good fun but after doing it once I don't think I'll stick with it as scrolling up and down is so unwieldy. This attempt was down to the wire, got the last answer on my last guess and the previous 10 guesses or something I had to get the correct word each guess.

Daily #11
0️⃣5️⃣⬛0️⃣3️⃣
0️⃣6️⃣⬛0️⃣7️⃣
1️⃣6️⃣⬛0️⃣9️⃣
1️⃣7️⃣⬛1️⃣0️⃣
2️⃣1️⃣⬛1️⃣8️⃣
2️⃣0️⃣⬛1️⃣9️⃣
1️⃣5️⃣⬛1️⃣4️⃣
1️⃣2️⃣⬛1️⃣3️⃣
sedecordle.com
#sedecordle

Daily #11
1️⃣5️⃣⬛1️⃣6️⃣
1️⃣3️⃣⬛1️⃣4️⃣
1️⃣1️⃣⬛1️⃣2️⃣
1️⃣7️⃣⬛0️⃣3️⃣
1️⃣8️⃣⬛0️⃣9️⃣
0️⃣5️⃣⬛0️⃣4️⃣
0️⃣6️⃣⬛1️⃣9️⃣
0️⃣7️⃣⬛0️⃣8️⃣
sedecordle.com
#sedecordle

I do rather like this format.

Spoiler

Got HEIST and then HELIX very early, but it took me ages to see GAFFE. Even with both the vowels in place I was looking at the shrapnel of letters I hadn't used yet thinking "but there's nothing"...

13 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

It's quite good fun but after doing it once I don't think I'll stick with it as scrolling up and down is so unwieldy. 

They've added an area showing all the sections at the top now, so you can see what's been completed and touch a section number to go to it. 

This is officially my favourite Wordle-style game, including the original. I love how you have to use judicious deductive reasoning to get them all correct before you run out of guesses.

I do wish they'd spin the letters around with a bit of animation though.

Daily #16
1️⃣6️⃣⬛1️⃣5️⃣
1️⃣4️⃣⬛1️⃣7️⃣
0️⃣7️⃣⬛1️⃣9️⃣
0️⃣4️⃣⬛0️⃣6️⃣
0️⃣3️⃣⬛1️⃣3️⃣
0️⃣9️⃣⬛0️⃣8️⃣
1️⃣2️⃣⬛1️⃣0️⃣
0️⃣2️⃣⬛1️⃣1️⃣
sedecordle.com
#sedecordle

Got off to a flyer on this one. I'm still trying to work out whether it's best to just bung as many letters in as early as possible, or reorganise the ones you get first go. This was the latter and it worked well, getting words on guesses 2, 3 and 4. Probably like all of these - it just depends on the hand you've been dealt, and what works one day will struggle badly another.

Daily #16

1️⃣1️⃣⬛1️⃣9️⃣

1️⃣2️⃣⬛0️⃣4️⃣

0️⃣5️⃣⬛2️⃣0️⃣

1️⃣3️⃣⬛1️⃣5️⃣

1️⃣6️⃣⬛0️⃣6️⃣

0️⃣8️⃣⬛0️⃣7️⃣

0️⃣9️⃣⬛1️⃣0️⃣

1️⃣7️⃣⬛1️⃣8️⃣

sedecordle.com

#sedecordle

Finding this pretty easy now. If you play GROUP, ABIDE then LYNCH at the start you've already used 15 letters, including all the vowels, Y and some common consonants. After that it's just a case of going to wherever you've picked up the most hits and filling in from there.

6 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Finding this pretty easy now. If you play GROUP, ABIDE then LYNCH at the start you've already used 15 letters, including all the vowels, Y and some common consonants. After that it's just a case of going to wherever you've picked up the most hits and filling in from there.

Just messing around, because I love playing with words, but if you want to bash out 15 unique letters in 3 words, then STUDY, PROLE and MANIC get you the 15 most frequently used ones in 5 letter words. Whether that's better than using something a little less-common I do not know. Having a B or an H turn up is possibly more useful than some of the more common ones in awkward words.

For now, I'm going to stick with tweaking a few of my first misplaced letters with a couple of new ones added in as my second guess, but I'll be bearing these in mind for later...

I've been going DOTER - CHAIN, and hoping I can luck out with a word on my third, as I'm still angling for a 3-4-5-6. Stick a SLUMP on the end if I'm feeling lost, but as none of these games seem to use plurals or third person verbs, I've been skeptical of S, even though I supect it'll still appear in the top 15.

Just having a look at the most common letters, the top 10, ignoring S, are E-A-R-I-O-T-N-L-C-U. So maybe UNITE CAROL or something would be a good opener. Will try tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Straps said:

I've been going DOTER - CHAIN, and hoping I can luck out with a word on my third, as I'm still angling for a 3-4-5-6. Stick a SLUMP on the end if I'm feeling lost, but as none of these games seem to use plurals or third person verbs, I've been skeptical of S, even though I supect it'll still appear in the top 15.

Just having a look at the most common letters, the top 10, ignoring S, are E-A-R-I-O-T-N-L-C-U. So maybe UNITE CAROL or something would be a good opener. Will try tomorrow.

S is 3rd most common in 5 letter words, FWIW (it's not that common at the end once plurals are excluded, but it's the most common at the start by a long way). For Wordle I still think I want S in my starter word (ideally I'd have it in first place, but I like the rest of my letters, so it's staying where it is for now).

For this though, it feels like it'll fall out really easily once other letters drop in to place. You've got a few goes to play with, and an awful lot of letters in certain places will point towards an S if it's there. I have been starting with my usual Wordle starter, but I may change that up moving forward, because I think there's more value in using something a little less common.