IGNORED

Elden Ring: exciting performance & technical chat (Frame Souls)

Jamie John

What system will you be using to play Elden Ring?  

326 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Edit 25/2/22: Thread title updated to better reflect the conversation.

---

The reviews are in and everyone who's anyone on the forum is getting it. What system are you going to use to play it? Unfortunately, there's no cross-play that I know of between platforms, so it'll be good to know who's playing on what when it comes to jolly cooperation.

I'm hoping that my Xbox version will arrive tomorrow so I can play it on my Series X.

Hype hype hype! :omg:

PS5. I expect it’s the lead platform (does that still exist?) and their games always seem to run better on PlayStation. And importantly, the PS5 has proper video capture. I’m playing Sekiro and the Xbox only doing 1 minute captures is a real letdown. 

People who have gone for the PS4/5 version: have you also got PS Plus? I went for the Xbox version as I have Game Pass, and therefore online play by default. I'm quite surprised at the amount of people going for the PS versions, especially if they don't have Plus, which I don't.

I don't have PS Plus, but I prefer to enjoy the Souls games as single-player experiences, so I'll miss the note-leaving systems this time but not much else that I particularly value. I might subscribe for a month or two after I finish the game, though. :)

If I owned both consoles I’d still be tempted to go for the PS5 version, even though I’d have to actually buy it rather than do what I’ve done and use MS Rewards points to get it for free on Series X. PS5’s evidently the more optimised version of the two and I’ve always played and associated Souls games with PlayStation. I’m just a pauper with a Series X at the moment though, so no dice. Life sucks sometimes.

3 hours ago, pinholestar said:

Series X and thanks to Microsoft Rewards points it cost me nada. A small price to pay for what now seems almost certain to be an all-timer. :hat:

It cost you time clicking shit on Bing like a monkey, tbf.