IGNORED

Elden Ring - How do I? thread

Kryptonian

1 minute ago, therearerules said:

I use the Raya Lucaria soldiers and really like them. Excited by the 5 shieldbearers I picked up a couple of rooms ago though. Also got the mimic and upgraded it. I've more ghost upgrades than grave, and the mimic is the only one of the big cheifs I can use as a none mind build.

The shield guys are great even at the base level. They crowd and harass bosses and dominate crowds. Well worth the upgrades I think. Just wish there was a way of trying them out before committing the consumables.

34 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Is there any way to differentiate what you get summoned for? There seems to be a lot of people stood about waiting for PvP shenanigans and not much boss smushing.

This might be old news to most, but on xbox, if you press start on the Elden Ring tile, select Game Card> official club > multiplayer.

There you can see hundreds of people looking for help with any and all bosses, catacombs etc. and if you express interest in a post you'll be invited to a party/conversation in seconds!

You can also create a post, detailing what bosses in particular you'd like to get smushing, and you'll get loads of folks offering help.

This system was a revelation to me during the previous dark souls games and I met some folks who are Xbox buddies to this day 😀

Check the Mistwood...

Capwn was trying to summon me last night and no matter what we tried we couldn't get it to work. Can he not summon me because I'm level 153 and he's level 14 (or there abouts)? Does setting a password not allow you to bypass this? I thought my character's stats would just get scaled down or something... Capwn was using a Furlcalling Finger Remedy and I was placing down my golden summon sign, but he wasn't seeing it.

1 hour ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Thanks.

The fight to get the Tiche summons is a bit out of my reach for now! Decided to upgrade the Banished Knight up to +8 and took him for a tour around a couple of castles, I just stood back whilst he massacred everything. I love watching AI fight itself. I have the Mimic Tear but it just seems a bit boring having a clone of myself and haven't levelled it at all.

Oleg is great, sometimes feels like cheating when I bring him to a fight. And he's only level 4!

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Is there any way to differentiate what you get summoned for? There seems to be a lot of people stood about waiting for PvP shenanigans and not much boss smushing.

stick your summon sign down by the boss door is the common practice.

if you sue the other (the thing that gets you into pools) you may end up for other things. or there are the things you can buy that summon you to help ppl being invaded

31 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Check the Mistwood...

Capwn was trying to summon me last night and no matter what we tried we couldn't get it to work. Can he not summon me because I'm level 153 and he's level 14 (or there abouts)? Does setting a password not allow you to bypass this? I thought my character's stats would just get scaled down or something... Capwn was using a Furlcalling Finger Remedy and I was placing down my golden summon sign, but he wasn't seeing it.

Password does bypass this, maybe there was another issue? Next time try laying your red sign as a test.

I'm PS4, Capwn is PS5. I was under the impression they can crossplay? 

@Minion Yeah I'll give it a go. I wondered why you appeared as an invader actually. I was expecting you to gank me at any moment, which would've been fair enough tbh. 😅

5 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

I'm PS4, Capwn is PS5. I was under the impression they can crossplay? 

@Minion Yeah I'll give it a go. I wondered why you appeared as an invader actually. I was expecting you to gank me at any moment, which would've been fair enough tbh. 😅

Haha! PS4 and PS5 can match together I've been playing with someone who is on PS4. i just thought Cpwn is in Canada, make sure he has region locking off.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

I forgot to ask - what’s the significance of the cutscene at the end of the Radahn fight?

Hide contents

All the stars turn to streaks and sort of shoot off into the distance or something. 

go and visit  the green bit here ish

Spoiler

image.png.4b3455830f2b07ea2d19e5d4e1f54fbb.png

PSA: Remember to go and talk to the Finger Crone at the Roundtable (and exhaust her dialogue) every time you get a Great Rune. :)

I completely forgot to go after getting my second and missed out on a nice present. Also, interact with the Two Fingers to get one of the best gestures (if a bit bloody slow to finish).

2 hours ago, Talvalin said:

PSA: Remember to go and talk to the Finger Crone at the Roundtable (and exhaust her dialogue) every time you get a Great Rune. :)

I completely forgot to go after getting my second and missed out on a nice present. Also, interact with the Two Fingers to get one of the best gestures (if a bit bloody slow to finish).

Im in the same position as you and I had totally forgotten!

11 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Check the Mistwood...

What weve noticed is if you've set a multiplayer password to play with mates, if that mate has rinsed an area of the bosses, he cant seem to spawn.   If we move to a random out of the way site of grace, he can be summoned.  Not sure exactly, but seems to be boss related. 

Yeah if there is no Area boss left then you won't be able to summon a cooperator as the objective is to defeat the area boss, how this works in the open world though I don't know, what does it consider to be a boss? I know I was summoned by a mate as a gold at the first step grace site to watch him duel a friend, I can't believe he had any big bosses left there as he's completed the game. This is why it is best to test with a red sign as that bypasses that rule, I would check both players cross region settings if you are still unable to be summoned as a red.

So I’m at a bit of an impasse here. I’ve got 4 great runes and have have an idea of what to do to get a 5th having opened up

Spoiler

Castle Sol, but the two bosses I’ve found in the land of the giants are too much for me at the moment, Niall in particular, and I assume he has the other half of the Haligtree medallion as I’ve scrubbed the rest of the castle and can’t find it. Is there just a big jump in difficulty here? I think I’ve got at least two more runes to find but no clue as to where anyone but Miquella (according to the knight in the roundtable) might be! 

Any mild hints?

12 minutes ago, Rog said:

Any mild hints?

In terms of Niall, the medallion bit you need is indeed beyond him.

There is a consumable item (rare) that you can use to even the odds a bit in that fight, but ultimately you need a good summon, and a very aggressive start when you get in the arena by twatting one of his adds ASAP, and trusting your summon to delay the other.

He’s a bastard. I did it with a +20 Claymore, SL100, and an un-nerfed +10 Mimic and Hoarfrost. Still struggled.

10 minutes ago, Rog said:

So I’m at a bit of an impasse here. I’ve got 4 great runes and have have an idea of what to do to get a 5th having opened up

Hide contents

Castle Sol, but the two bosses I’ve found in the land of the giants are too much for me at the moment, Niall in particular, and I assume he has the other half of the Haligtree medallion as I’ve scrubbed the rest of the castle and can’t find it. Is there just a big jump in difficulty here? I think I’ve got at least two more runes to find but no clue as to where anyone but Miquella (according to the knight in the roundtable) might be! 

Any mild hints?

Spoiler

Correct that you need to kill Niall to get the other part of the medallion. 

Which great runes do you have? There are more than 6.

18 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Lake of Rot - is it worth exploring more than I need to to as a Faith/Melee build? I got to the Cloisters to progress Ranni's quest but didn't poke around anywhere else. Ta for any pointers.

There's a coffin to check out on the brink of the rot waterfall, just left at the end of the cloisters.

Spoiler

I've got Godrick, Radahn, Morgott and the one from the queen. I have a feeling I was a bit over levelled earlier in the game so maybe it's just catching up with me. I'll give my ghostly lads a bit of a boost and get back to it!

Feckin' lake of rot.  I'm there currently and its a real pain to explore (my favourite activity!!) which they could readily fix if you were just allowed to ride the horsey in the area. 😢

It's really tedious pausing on the little islands for the rot meter to drop back down before doing the next dash, don't want to need to use too many bolus items to keep on curing it as it's hard to get one of the materials for crafting them.  The 2 immunity raising talismans I'm wearing are doing dick all too! 😠

2 hours ago, Rog said:

Hide contents

Any mild hints?

My first question is 'what is your vigor'? It should be at least 40 at that point. I ended the name with 60. Caps are much higher in this one and low vigor is only for challenge runs.

3 hours ago, Rog said:

Hide contents

Any mild hints?

My strat if it helps. Don't neglect the bow!

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Capwn was trying to summon me again last night and again nothing worked. This was at the behind Morne Castle grace and the boss below was still intact so I've no idea what's going on.

have you both checked your cross region play settings are set to perform matchmaking, has he entered the correct password in the correct place, has he used a finger?

Well I’ve finally beat Godrick and cleared Stormveil at 50 hours, so I pushed on to Raya Lucaria, but those magic stone headed dudes are a right pain in the arse. Is this the correct next step, or should I be off exploring somewhere else first?

13 minutes ago, JPL said:

Well I’ve finally beat Godrick and cleared Stormveil at 50 hours, so I pushed on to Raya Lucaria, but those magic stone headed dudes are a right pain in the arse. Is this the correct next step, or should I be off exploring somewhere else first?

Yeah but you could also explore the lake area as a whole and if you haven't fully explored Limgrave and surrounds pootle around there for a while.

Just now, Minion said:

Yeah but you could also explore the lake area as a whole and if you haven't fully explored Limgrave and surrounds pootle around there for a while.

Yeah, I’ve explored plenty of places already at 50 hours! In fact, I think I’ve pretty much completely cleared Limgrave and everywhere to the south. I might go take another look down the Sofria River Well first, as I was way under levelled when I initially found it.