IGNORED

Elden Ring - How do I? thread

Kryptonian

Just now, Alan Stock said:

Thanks for the NPC replies. The Warmaster Shack was empty but I know why now thanks to Ste.

For @Ste Pickford

Hide contents

Ah so its the knight with the cool helmet with the wings and stuff on? I met him in Volcano Manor but I found the shack after, so that must be why. Annoying that I missed out on the Ashes!

As for the lady. Search Eastern Limgrave for some ruins and find a basement, she's down there and seems to have 2 questlines for me so far, though not sure what triggers them, you might need to buy stuff from her or just get progression. I only got her quests after a while of revisiting her.

Ah, if she's in the Waypoint Ruins, then I've found her, but I haven't got any quests from her yet, she's just a merchant for me so far.

Just now, Ste Pickford said:

Ah, if she's in the Waypoint Ruins, then I've found her, but I haven't got any quests from her yet, she's just a merchant for me so far.

Yep, that's the one. I'm a bit further than you so maybe there's some trigger points. One quest became available after I supplied her with a tome for more spells I think.

So I've got tons of Smithing Stones, but the only place I can use them to strengthen (the opening church) says it can't strengthen my weapons past +3. What am I missing? I'm assuming another location?

1 minute ago, nightwaxon said:

So I've got tons of Smithing Stones, but the only place I can use them to strengthen (the opening church) says it can't strengthen my weapons past +3. What am I missing? I'm assuming another location?

Have you encountered the first big boss yet?

12 minutes ago, nightwaxon said:

YOU can only strengthen to +3

You need to find.....something/someone/someplace...to do more

5 minutes ago, nightwaxon said:

Yeah.  The chap in the castle named similarly to a coastal town in Kent? Defeated him.  I'm up to Goddrick now. 

And have you rested at a site of grace and been whisked away since?

Yes!  I beat Placidusax finally, man he is tough, I really abused hoarfrost stomp and for the laser I had a nice concoction ready, the opaline tear so if I get hit by it I tank it and the tear that improves dodge rolls and then spam roll whilst he's lasering, didn't get hit by it once with this combo. Still needed my mimic to distract him a lot though and it was bloody close.

9 minutes ago, Don Wiskerando said:

What is the giant laser beam magic that I've seen people using?

I could do with a piece of that.

Comet Azur, I think you need very high INT for that spell 

59 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Are you talking about the one stuck to the wall by her hands? I’ve seen her, but she didn’t really say much and she can’t sell me anything as she’s stuck. Am I supposed to free her somehow?

Just now, JPL said:

Are you talking about the one stuck to the wall by her hands? I’ve seen her, but she didn’t really say much and she can’t sell me anything as she’s stuck. Am I supposed to free her somehow?

No, this is a merchant.  I remember the one stuck to the wall, but I can't remember where she was.

13 minutes ago, JPL said:

That is part of a Quest line for an NPC who sells magic spells.

8 hours ago, therearerules said:

And have you rested at a site of grace and been whisked away since?

Found the person in question. Typically,  an hour later, I found another gentleman who could offer the same service after I'd smashed down a "secret wall".

Mimic question: If I’m equipped with buff items like greases or healing consumables when I cast it, and if the mimic uses them, do the items just come from some temporary magical source, or does it deplete my own permanent supply? I assume the former, but just wanted to check.

The chained up women or the one that sells you spells*? If the former then you will be stuck at one point of the quest, if the former then you won't be able to do the quest at all. It's quite an interesting quest and ultimately gets you some cool spells if you have gone int build magic. Otherwise it's not that much of an issue, I don't think it affects Ranni's questline which is the only other one I could think it having an effect on.

Spoiler

Sourceress Sellen - who is found Waypoint Ruins in Limgrave

@JPL hint you asked for as well.

22 hours ago, Don Wiskerando said:

What is the giant laser beam magic that I've seen people using?

I could do with a piece of that.

It is good, but, if you target moves, well, that can be a problem.

On 29/03/2022 at 16:02, StumpyJohn said:

Feckin' lake of rot.  I'm there currently and its a real pain to explore (my favourite activity!!) which they could readily fix if you were just allowed to ride the horsey in the area. 😢

It's really tedious pausing on the little islands for the rot meter to drop back down before doing the next dash, don't want to need to use too many bolus items to keep on curing it as it's hard to get one of the materials for crafting them.  The 2 immunity raising talismans I'm wearing are doing dick all too! 😠

There’s an incantation you can get that only requires 12 FTH to cast that cures rot for very little FP.

Spoiler

Liurnia:

Spoiler

Look for a fire monk camp between:

Spoiler

The church of vows and the Ainsel river well entrance. 

7 minutes ago, imp said:

There’s an incantation you can get that only costs 12 FTH to cast that cures rot for very little FP.

Hide contents

Liurnia:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah getting this and 12 FTH was a complete game changer for me for ROT, before I was so angry every time I came across it as it's so damaging and the bolus materials so rare and annoying to farm. It's essential this incantation.

46 minutes ago, imp said:

There’s an incantation you can get that only requires 12 FTH to cast that cures rot for very little FP.

Reveal hidden contents

Liurnia:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Edit: Just looked in fextralife.  I have that incantation so will see about using it

38 minutes ago, Minion said:

Yeah getting this and 12 FTH was a complete game changer for me for ROT, before I was so angry every time I came across it as it's so damaging and the bolus materials so rare and annoying to farm. It's essential this incantation.

Yeah, I REALLY do need to look at the magic stuff in this, could do with something against Death Blight too

4 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

The chained up women or the one that sells you spells*? If the former then you will be stuck at one point of the quest, if the former then you won't be able to do the quest at all. It's quite an interesting quest and ultimately gets you some cool spells if you have gone int build magic. Otherwise it's not that much of an issue, I don't think it affects Ranni's questline which is the only other one I could think it having an effect on.

Reveal hidden contents

Sourceress Sellen - who is found Waypoint Ruins in Limgrave

@JPL hint you asked for as well.

Ah, thanks mate. I’m sure I’ve been there before, but I’ll take another look.

3 hours ago, imp said:

Reveal hidden contents

Liurnia:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

What’s the incantation called?

On 30/03/2022 at 15:15, Uncle Nasty said:

You get something that trivialises the fight.

Reveal hidden contents

Briar Armour set available from the Round Table after killing the Shaded Castle boss. You can just roll into Tiche/Alecto and it ruins them. They're massively vulnerable to that set.

I struggled with the Tiche/Alecto fight before doing that. Enjoy.

Am I missing something obvious because

Spoiler

I’m wearing the full set and rolling into Alecto does 15 points of damage.

@Alask

Spoiler

Roll at her to interrupt her attacks. Back off when she does that massive AOE attack. I unequipped everything apart from the Briar armour so I could fast roll. There's a spot in the NW of the arena where you can trap her and take a good chunk off her health when she tries to hit you.