Elden Ring - How do I? thread

Kryptonian

11 minutes ago, JPL said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hmm, been back there plenty at all times of the day and not seen anyone else hanging around. I wonder if there’s another quest step I’ve missed or something.

Is she at Roundtable?

16 minutes ago, Triple A said:

I have a question!  A little ashamed to admit I don’t know tbh

I have a great rune from beating Godrick but don’t know how to use it.  What’s next?

You equip it at the sites of grace should be a new menu option.

9 hours ago, Blunted said:

You can buy the summoning bell from the two wrinkly merchant ladies at the roundtable too allegedly.

@JPL This is 100% true, because this is how I got the bell. Fucker never turned up for me either.

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Can you duplicate Ashes once they're on a weapon or have I fucked it?

I haven't tried it, but the Smith at Roundtable does have an option for duplicating Ashes of War.

10 hours ago, Triple A said:

I have a question!  A little ashamed to admit I don’t know tbh

I have a great rune from beating Godrick but don’t know how to use it.  What’s next?

You need at activate it at a tower then an option will appear in the bonfire menu that says great runes and you can equip it there. 

My question, has anyone found a homeward bone equivalent?

14 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Can you duplicate Ashes once they're on a weapon or have I fucked it?

You can duplicate at the blacksmith but they can also be removed and swapped between weapons if you prefer.

5 minutes ago, Broker said:

You need at activate it at a tower then an option will appear in the bonfire menu that says great runes and you can equip it there. 

What tower?

12 minutes ago, Broker said:

Aren’t the bone sort of pointless now you can warp everywhere.

11 minutes ago, Thor said:

What tower?

It’s close to where you got the rune.

Spoiler

There’s a route out of Stormveil that goes North East, across a huge broken bridge. Follow that and the tower is at the end. 

4 minutes ago, Melon_Bread said:

Aren’t the bone sort of pointless now you can warp everywhere.

Warping out of dungeons with your souls would still be useful. 

17 minutes ago, Broker said:

Reveal hidden contents

There’s a route out of Stormveil that goes North East, across a huge broken bridge. Follow that and the tower is at the end. 

Warping out of dungeons with your souls would still be useful. 

You can close the game and it warps you out apparently. The bones were not something I ever used for warping out of fights, just use your souls before a boss, you can always get back what you lose pretty quick. I guess now with all the warping they thought the bones were pointless.

1 minute ago, Melon_Bread said:

You can close the game and it warps you out apparently. The bones were not something I ever used for warping out of fights, just use your souls before a boss, you can always get back what you lose pretty quick. I guess now with all the warping they thought the bones were pointless.

Sometimes the bosses do jump you though, it looks like a normal room but there’s a boss. I know you can get it back, but having lost about 40k yesterday to three mistakes I was just thinking about them :lol:

1 hour ago, Broker said:

I don’t know what a homeward bone is but I found a twig that means when you die you lose the twig rather than lose your souls. 

38 minutes ago, Broker said:

Sometimes the bosses do jump you though, it looks like a normal room but there’s a boss. I know you can get it back, but having lost about 40k yesterday to three mistakes I was just thinking about them :lol:

My own “nope” moment:

I want to look amazing, currently I look like a peasant who found a shield and a big dull grey sword.

I just beat the boss who lets you respec and the person I summoned looked like a Greek god. Bedecked in awesome armor, they cast a crackly lightning thing onto their sword and hurdled bolts of golden light at the boss. I’ve never felt so underdressed.

Is faith the answer? If so, what’s the best way. Just enough dex/str to wield one of the pretty faith weapons I’ve found, then lots of faith? Is mind important? I’m nervous of messing up the stat spread and not being able to fix it as I’ve only found one thing to respec with so far.

2 hours ago, Broker said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks, this is the bit I struggled with. Found the tower now - that’s quite the boost you get!

23 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

I think I've come to it with a bit more hope than that, I wouldn't have even bought it otherwise.  I rarely buy anything other than Nintendo games on release normally!

And absolutely agree on the second part, a big part of me trying it is that you can just go and do something else and not be stuck forever on a boss

@Mike S Quick up date on this

Played for quite a few hours last night and got a lot more into the groove with this.

Just explored the map more; upgraded my vigour and weapons a bit; beat a few big baddies and even managed to beat a cave boss despite still totally sucking at combat.  Had a few quality moments which I won't list as might be a bit spoilery.  Ended the night falling into a trap, turns out that sometimes the messages people put in the game are actually true and useful!! 🤣

13 hours ago, JPL said:
  Hide contents

Where I met the first merchant, the Santa Claus fella? I’ve been back there plenty, but what should I be looking for?

Spoiler

As @ph0rcesays but it definitely needs to be at night.

If she doesn't turn up I believe you can buy it from someone at 

Spoiler

the roundtable

Do great Runes give you a boost all the time, or only when you use a rune arc? The test seems to suggest they should give you a small boost without the arc but I don't think that has happened for me even though I have it equiped.

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

@Mike S Quick up date on this

Played for quite a few hours last night and got a lot more into the groove with this.

Just explored the map more; upgraded my vigour and weapons a bit; beat a few big baddies and even managed to beat a cave boss despite still totally sucking at combat.  Had a few quality moments which I won't list as might be a bit spoilery.  Ended the night falling into a trap, turns out that sometimes the messages people put in the game are actually true and useful!! 🤣

Nice one!

These games really do reward patience and perseverance in a way that is almost unrivalled but when they click nothing else will be good enough. 

Onwards, tarnished!

3 hours ago, Broker said:

It's close to where you got the rune.

Cheers for this, but after spending nearly two hours scouring that area, I still had to resort to youtube to find the entrance! :lol: