IGNORED

Elden Ring - How do I? thread

Kryptonian

10 minutes ago, robdood said:

That seems ludicrous!!  I must take advantage immediately. :D

It's an amazing way to get a good hard boost on a new character

I have a question. 

The Wandering tower after first discovering it, I recalled that it was something to do with Remberance items. 

So I have one of those now after beating Godrick and all it did was duplicate it. 

Any other use for the Remberance items I'm missing cos I used one and it gave me 20000 runes? 

Can I just keep duplicating surely not? 

1 minute ago, cassidy said:

I have a question. 

The Wandering tower after first discovering it, I recalled that it was something to do with Remberance items. 

So I have one of those now after beating Godrick and all it did was duplicate it. 

Any other use for the Remberance items I'm missing cos I used one and it gave me 20000 runes? 

You can duplicate each once, so that you can buy both weapons for each boss from the lady in Roundtable. You only cash them in if you don’t want the items. 

1 minute ago, cassidy said:

I have a question. 

You can only do one duplication per mausoleum. So my understanding is that you can't use that particular mausoleum anymore. I assume there are only as many mausoleums as there are main bosses in the game but I don't know that for a fact.

I also duplicated Godrick's soul and then realised I would never use either of the weapons so I just cashed them both in for 40,000 runes.

One thing I just realised, and I'm a complete moron for not spotting this before, on the map screen if you press X or square on the controller you can place up to 100 markers on the map for various things - theres a boss icon, weapons icon and various others.  So if you go to someplace and nope the fuck out you can stick a boss icon on the location on your map to come back to it later.  This is separate from the actual beacon you can place on the map which shines into the sky during gameplay.

What are the rules behind when I’m allowed to summon ashes? I know I can’t do it when in multiplayer or if I don’t have enough FP… but lots of other scenarios I can’t do it either and I don’t know why.

6 minutes ago, dizogg said:

What are the rules behind when I’m allowed to summon ashes? I know I can’t do it when in multiplayer or if I don’t have enough FP… but lots of other scenarios I can’t do it either and I don’t know why.

There's a wee gate icon comes on the lower left of the screen when you can do it. 

Stormveil Castle question;

Spoiler

How do I get down here?

436869732_c902038b-fe57-433e-b052-e842bec54d3c2.thumb.png.b180c96aa0bea4314bff4f6da99014c6.png

There's a lift that goes down there in the rampart tower, but I can't summon it. Is it accessible from Stormview, or will I find the way later?

7 hours ago, Timmo said:

For the ones I've face so far (skeletons and undead) you just need to hit them again when they're down, weapon unimportant.

Oh no way, when I first saw skellies getting back up (and no necromancer around) I assumed I needed holy like divine weapons in Souls.

Then when I got a holy weapon I went in swinging and they stayed dead. :doh:

3 hours ago, robdood said:

Or use a 'nothing' ash of war to remove your shield's parry etc. 

Hhhhhhh! You're a genius. And the Bloodhound move thing is totally badass, made very short work of several bosses tonight. 

5 hours ago, ph0rce said:

Storm Castle - Courtyard with loads of enemies question:

Reveal hidden contents

There's a glowing statue near the big troll guy, obviously it's got something in it, and it looks like you could break it or more specifically, it looks like maybe you could bait the troll into smashing it.

However, I tried that a few times & he doesn't seem to do it.

All I want to know if if I'm on the right lines, if I'm not, no need to tell me exactly what to do thanks, I'll try something else.

You are along the right lines but might need a slightly bigger bastard to come help you...

5 hours ago, Flub said:

Hmm. Having a problem this game. The lady who gives you the jelly fish hasn't moved to the round table and I've been playing hours

How many times have you gone back to talk to her? I’m not sure what other things might trigger it. 

Once she’s at the table, don’t give up 😉

26 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I found a curved sword talisman but I can’t see it anywhere in my inventory, where would it be? I don’t know what it does either! 

Third or fourth tab, or go to the slot under your left hand in equipment and you can use it there. It improves guard counters.

22 minutes ago, Broker said:

Third or fourth tab, or go to the slot under your left hand in equipment and you can use it there. It improves guard counters.

Oh cool, that’s still one aspect I don’t understand although I’ve pulled them off now and again, very satisfying too. 

11 hours ago, Flub said:

Hmm. Having a problem this game. The lady who gives you the jelly fish hasn't moved to the round table and I've been playing hours

Initially I thought she appeared after beating Godrick but in my son's game she appeared after he went round the back of the castle.   I think it must be triggered by activating a particular site of grace.

12 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Stormveil Castle question;

Hide contents

How do I get down here?

436869732_c902038b-fe57-433e-b052-e842bec54d3c2.thumb.png.b180c96aa0bea4314bff4f6da99014c6.png

There's a lift that goes down there in the rampart tower, but I can't summon it. Is it accessible from Stormview, or will I find the way later?

I think you're talking about the big lift near the Rampart tower site of Grace.

Spoiler

Warp there and head outside where the birds with explosive barrels are located. Once there look for a way down at the left.