IGNORED

Elden Ring - How do I? thread

Kryptonian

4 minutes ago, Onze said:

I think you're talking about the big lift near the Rampart tower site of Grace.

Hide contents

Warp there and head outside where the birds with explosive arrows are located. Once there look for a way down at the left. 

Ah, I see. Someone else told me to go there but I thought they were talking about somewhere else :facepalm:. I knew there must have been something I'd missed along that bit!

Cheers :) 

10 hours ago, BitterToad said:

You are along the right lines but might need a slightly bigger bastard to come help you...

Yes, you're not wrong there my friend, I spent a good 10 minutes trying & realised he wasn't going to cut it. I haven't tried again but I know what / who I need.

Got distracted down the side of the outer castle wall, there's a bloody tough guy down there, first sign I've seen of anything like the Black Knights from DaS. 

13 hours ago, Flub said:

Hmm. Having a problem this game. The lady who gives you the jelly fish hasn't moved to the round table and I've been playing hours

Is this the woman crouched at Stormhill Shack?  For me, she went to the Roundtable after I'd been to the church at the back of the Castle - which made some sense as it was if she moved after the castle was completed (although I haven't completed the castle, I just went round).

6 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Is this the woman crouched at Stormhill Shack?  For me, she went to the Roundtable after I'd been to the church at the back of the Castle - which made some sense as it was if she moved after the castle was completed (although I haven't completed the castle, I just went round).

I think she’ll move before then if you find a particular item in the castle and give it to her.

Wee tips for resource gathering:

- Getting annoyed with not being able to hit glowing skulls with your weapon easily? Just roll to break them.

- If you run over them with the horse, hammer the pick-up button and you can pick up the goodies without having to turn back

- Also going to re-iterate an earlier tip from some god earlier in the thread, when you kill an enemy and see the effect where loads of blue light comes out from them, it means they dropped an item. Thanks so much for this tip, its saved me loads of time in backtracking and hanging around to see if enemies dropped items or not!

I find understanding new items i collect just as hard as actually playing the game.

20 hrs in a level 36 and I am still unsure of some of the basic things.

When you have a yellow point on the map with a flam coming from it in a certin direction, is that just relating to NPC's?

I have one still on Mourne Lift site and and feel I have done and found all there is there?

You see when you are co-opping outside a boss door and the host gets invaded. If it describes them as a Dualist does that mean that the host has summoned/invited them in for a scrap, or are they still dirty invaders? I don't want to be ganking people who don't deserve it.

Is there a reason to save golden runes I pick up for later in the game? 

I've been using them to collect 200 runes, but it occured to me that maybe there was a reason to keep them intact.

Related tip: If you have a load of them and want to consume them quickly, I equip them onto the D-pad menu and just hammer away. There might be an even easier way to do this, but this is the best way I found.

28 minutes ago, fatbob said:

I've been using them to collect 200 runes, but it occured to me that maybe there was a reason to keep them intact.

Related tip: If you have a load of them and want to consume them quickly, I equip them onto the D-pad menu and just hammer away. There might be an even easier way to do this, but this is the best way I found.

no they are just runes that you won't lose when you die (unless you use them and then immediately die).

29 minutes ago, fatbob said:

Use selected, then select how many you want to use.

But because you don't lose them when you die, it good to keep them around for when you come back to a fire with a load of temporary runes, and you're just a bit short of a level up, you can top them up with your stash of permanent runes.

1 hour ago, ridgeracer said:

When you have a yellow point on the map with a flam coming from it in a certin direction, is that just relating to NPC's?

They seem to point to sites of interest and/or the focal point of an area. 

So, much later than I should have done, I realised that actual points of interest on the map equate to in-game stuff, like the mines, gaols, etc. 

However, I can’t work out what that enormous yellow telescope looking thing is just south of the first knight encampment you encounter?

Whoever it was suggested sending elevators back up / down when you step off them outside a boss encounter so they are ready when you respawn is an absolute genius. Saved me loads of waiting around after getting my arse handed to me multiple times. 

18 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

Do items appear for everyone when jolly cooperating or have I been hoovering up all the loot like a dick?

I'm pretty sure they're unique drops. Even the ones that are set in the world you can't get as a summoned co-op partner I don't think.

There's some bits where you jump off the lifts in the tunnels which didn't show for me when I was in someone's game.

5 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

How do you respec? In the other thread people have said you can after Godrick or something

Nah, you have to have fought a different shardbearer to do it.

Spoiler

The boss of the Academy of Raya Lucaria.

And how to do it:

Spoiler

You need to find a specific consumable item to do it.

Spoiler

Larval Tear. They can be found as enemy drops in the late game.

4 hours ago, Gigawatt said:

It’s an actual telescope that lets you get a bird’s eye view of the area. 

It totally is, I must have ridden past it loads!

Weeping Peninsula - NPC Question :

Spoiler

She’s dead Jim!

I guess I waited too long to deliver the letter to her father & go back to check on her. Is that the end of her storyline for me now?

First NPC I’ve lost this play through, well that I know of, pretty gutted. 😔

8 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

I assumed that was the only outcome - is it not?

Spoiler

Well, I guess it’s possible but it didn’t feel like it to me. 

And then I noticed I had an item which had a description which basically said ‘give to the blind lady to help her move to the light’ or something along those lines. So I figured, maybe she was supposed to die, and now she’d be a ghost I could help but I went back at night & she’s not there, so maybe it’s not that either. 

As usual, I don’t want a specific spoilery answer, just if that was the normal end of the quest line or if I need to try something different next play through?

12 hours ago, RK1D said:

Whoever it was suggested sending elevators back up / down when you step off them outside a boss encounter so they are ready when you respawn is an absolute genius. Saved me loads of waiting around after getting my arse handed to me multiple times. 

That was me!

I’ve been doing it forever in the previous games where the runs to bosses were considerably longer and harder so all time saved lessened the pain.

It’s a top tip!

9 hours ago, ph0rce said:

It totally is, I must have ridden past it loads!

Weeping Peninsula - NPC Question :

Reveal hidden contents

She’s dead Jim!

I guess I waited too long to deliver the letter to her father & go back to check on her. Is that the end of her storyline for me now?

First NPC I’ve lost this play through, well that I know of, pretty gutted. 😔

I would bet on there being a different outcome to that. No idea how to trigger it though as I had the same situation as yourself. 

Something to play with on NG+ in a few months time…

4 minutes ago, Radish said:

Could anyone give me a vague hint as to where to get additional Faith spells from? I’ve exhausted the vendor’s supply in the Roundtables. 

I found an item which says I can give it to someone to unlock more spells to learn, can’t quite remember where from though so hopefully someone can point you in the right direction. 

So far I’ve blundered my way around and cheesed a few levels so really still a total noob getting to grips with the game. Some woman took me to 

Spoiler

Roundtable

And I couldn’t figure out how to leave without dying, so let some red bloke kill me and went back outside.

I wanna go back cos I think there was a lad in a blindfold who sold spells, and I’m really not enjoying melee so want to try magic. How do I get back?

and how do I leave there?

4 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

So far I’ve blundered my way around and cheesed a few levels so really still a total noob getting to grips with the game. Some woman took me to 

Reveal hidden contents

Roundtable

And I couldn’t figure out how to leave without dying, so let some red bloke kill me and went back outside.

I wanna go back cos I think there was a lad in a blindfold who sold spells, and I’m really not enjoying melee so want to try magic. How do I get back?

and how do I leave there?

You can warp to the roundtable from the map, it's in the very bottom left.

You leave by warping via the map too.