IGNORED

This is it. The big one. F-Zero X coming to Switch Online

Sarlaccfood

2 hours ago, Vimster said:

Oh excellent, F-Zero X coming to Nintendo Switch Online - fantastic - .... if you pay extra. Right. Yeah. Cheers. 

Grow up. Things cost money. Especially good things. Especially sexy things. 

3 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

It's still not $80 for you to access it. It's $50 for you, $80 if you want others as well.

Yes, it is, because I can't not have a family subscription, thereby effectively making the price of entry for me $80. Unless we're entertaining the idea of me having my own separate subscription?

Anyway, I can see we're very much going against the grain of an exciting title which is subscription-only and not up for purchase, I'll go express that sentiment in the Switch thread.

As you were.

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

I have a family subscription.

So...you...already have it? Or you just need to up to include the expansion pack...which is another $45 (and gets you a lot more than just this....)?

3 minutes ago, rgraves said:

So...you...already have it? Or you just need to up to include the expansion pack...which is another $45 (and gets you a lot more than just this....)?

Yes, for $80 total, or an additional $45 a year. Sorry that wasn't clear. For the avoidance of doubt, the expansion pack doesn't provide enough value for me. 

For those unsure N64 emulation on the switch has got a lot better. Zelda OOT is fixed as were odd errors in other games. F-zero emulation also looks spot on with no fog problems and it looks very nice up-rezzed.

Controls will be the main thing as the Wiiu version was unplayable as they mess up controls.

4 hours ago, Majora said:

It's like Wipeout but without all the shitty weapons and with much better handling.

It's like Wipeout but without all that dance trance bleep-bloop techno electronica nonsense - instead F-Zero has Real Music (rock) with Real Instruments (guitars). :twisted:

Spoiler

/s, obviously! :eyebrows:

5 hours ago, TehStu said:

Yes, for $80 total, or an additional $45 a year. Sorry that wasn't clear. For the avoidance of doubt, the expansion pack doesn't provide enough value for me. 

You don’t have several family members who were clammering for the AC DLC?

Its obviously use case dependent but we are a 4 Switch household with 3 avid Animal Crossing enthusiasts and a different 3 lovers of Mario Kart.

Compared to buying those DLCs multiple times the family expansion pack is a no brainer and now I get to play F Zero X and both N64 Zelda’s on a handheld to boot.

5 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

You don’t have several family members who were clammering for the AC DLC?

We bought it outright because while the online expansion kinda made sense for the first 12 months, there isn't enough, for me, to warrant the extra money.

6 hours ago, Darren said:

What sort of inhuman monster would deny their family F-Zero X?

Mate, I rent a Minecraft realm and have game pass ultimate and all they end up doing is watching sodding roblox videos on YouTube. They deny themselves.

This could well cause me to stump up for the enhanced online doohickey. F-Zero X is the greatest game the N64 ever had apart from Perfect Dark, and anyone who thinks GX was better is hopped up on goofballs.

Just now, TehStu said:

We bought it outright because while the online expansion kinda made sense for the first 12 months, there isn't enough, for me, to warrant the extra money.

Possible I misunderstood how it works but as the two kids and Mrs Dream all play AC on their own accounts and own devices that would have cost me £22.49

x 3 as they couldn’t share it whereas the expansion pass was another £25 for all of us for 12 months and we got the N64 and subsequently the MK stuff thrown in.

Only 12 months access true but that’s probably enough to exhaust the appeal and the thrill of something new is awaited.

Again use case scenario dependent but as you need a different Switch for your own island (as I found to my cost when wife became addicted during lockdown 1) probably not that uncommon for AC fans.

Aye, we only have the one switch and copy of ACNH. Can see the value add if you have more than one. My wife has played ACNH every day since launch, I had to buy the DLC, rather than rent it.

Played a few tracks this morning and it feels pretty good, I noticed only a few hitches but nothing that got in the way of playing it, analogue stick controls seem fine on the switch lite (apart from the acceleration / max speed slider which is comedy!).