NFL 2022 - Guess who's back

Harrisown

Munich had such a good atmosphere for the game. Which itself was a bit weird, Seahawks were awful until it was too late to come back. Bucs did a weird trick play where Brady was a receiver except he slipped and then tripped up the Seahawks guy who intercepted. And players were slipping all over the place actually, I don't think the turf suited them at all. 70,000ish Germans belting out John Denver was pretty good also. 

• 2 weeks later...

The score doesn't really back it up but Dallas were great today. The offence seemed to hit its stride quickly and Kellon Moore's offensive playbook was excellent. The defence did it's thing well too and Micah Parsons was a monster as usual. Their run Defence can still be suspect but I really don't think they need to be scared of any team now.

Mostly agree. Against a really banged up Giants though, they struggled in the first half and that old curse of self inflicted penalties really hurt them.

If they can be the team they were in the second half for the rest of the season, they don't have much to fear. 

OBJ to Dallas over New York, do you think?

6 hours ago, Scribblor said:

Mostly agree. Against a really banged up Giants though, they struggled in the first half and that old curse of self inflicted penalties really hurt them.

If they can be the team they were in the second half for the rest of the season, they don't have much to fear. 

OBJ to Dallas over New York, do you think?

I was just most impressed by Kellon Moore. His scheme seems to be getting better each game, thank god! They are also finally getting the RB balance right. 

I reckon Jones will take OBJ for sure if the numbers stack up.

Shout out to another great D+ docu (from ESPN’s 30 for 30 series). This one is called Year of the Scab about the NFL during the 1987 strike season, with a focus on its impacts on the Washington team that year. It’s a good 5 years old now, but I’d not seen it before and found it fascinating and occasionally touching.

11 hours ago, g wings said:

I was just most impressed by Kellon Moore. His scheme seems to be getting better each game, thank god! They are also finally getting the RB balance right. 

I reckon Jones will take OBJ for sure if the numbers stack up.

He's great, making up a whole system must be so cool. For the millionth time, I wish they'd use the overhead/Madden view so the viewer can see the field properly. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been so busy I only just caught up with the Colts game last night, having miraculously been able to avoid finding out the score.

I'm with you - when they don't kill themselves with penalties, and if Dak just eased back on trying to force throws (that turn into picks every game) a tiny bit, I think they could beat anyone.

Watch them get destroyed by Houston on Sunday, now I've said that.

Reminder there are two games on today, Bengals Patriots at 5.30 and Eagle Cowboys at 9.30 along with Raiders Steelers at 1.15am. I usually cancel my Now subscription when the F1 season ends but kept it this year due to the compressed number of football games now the Premier League is back and have been enjoying the included NFL games as a result. 

Is this the first year they've had Saturday games? I can't remember it happening before and it just feels wrong somehow.

Plus I'll have to wait until Boxing Day to see the Cowboys fuck things up as we're hosting Christmas this year and apparently spending three hours watching NFL isn't very festive. Bah.

14 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

Is this the first year they've had Saturday games? I can't remember it happening before and it just feels wrong somehow.

For a league that prides its self on its scarcity in comparison to the other three big leagues in the US, they do seem to have adopted a Premier League style fixture calendar recently with games on Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. 

14 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

Plus I'll have to wait until Boxing Day to see the Cowboys fuck things up as we're hosting Christmas this year and apparently spending three hours watching NFL isn't very festive. Bah.

I hope you asked them why the hate America? I realise you probably aren't American but it's a valid question. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2022 at 21:33, Dr_Dave said:

I just logged in to say that... and I've been watching the Dolphins since 1987. Amazing comeback, after a dodgy first half and some terrible fouls.

This post seems like a really, really long time ago now... FML.

Yeah it was Damar Hamlin. Jeez, terrible. Looks like he took the brunt of a helmet impact square on the chest.

Currently listed as critical - has a pulse but needed to be intubated for breathing. Here’s hoping for a good outcome.