IGNORED

Pacman Museum Plus - out soon.

This looks absolutely excellent.

Plenty of stuff which has already featured in god alone knows how many collections, but some good stuff too, like Pac n Roll, which as far as I know has only been on DS.

As well as playing the games, you can also customise your virtual arcade with coins you earn by playing the games and completng missions.  This second video shows that particular feature.

May 26th on Switch and PS4.

May 27th on Xbox, including Gamepass, and Windows.

May 28th on Steam.

Physical versions on PS4 and Switch are on Amazon Japan.  Hope they're actual carts and disks, and not just codes in boxes.  Quite cheap at just 2640 yen.

Looks like a great package.

6 hours ago, Death Adder said:

but some good stuff too, like Pac n Roll, which as far as I know has only been on DS.

It was on the Wii too. Twice, in fact.

image.png.1561fd24943399a47600a436fb0af6b2.png

• 1 month later...
On 15/03/2022 at 13:29, Lorfarius said:

Gamepass!

Awww nice, I didn't realise it was on GamePass that's ace news. Will be able to teach my kids how terrible I am at Pac Land

On 15/03/2022 at 14:58, Stoppy2000 said:

Pac Land! I am in for this. 

Just reading the name set the music going in my head. The fab arcade I used to practically live in as a child had a whole bank of Pac Land machines - it was so popular at the time. I wasn't that good at it, but loved it - especially all the little hidden bits.

On 15/03/2022 at 13:29, Lorfarius said:

Gamepass!

Cool. Probably wouldn't have stumped up for it straight away, but will definitely give it a seeing-to on Gamepass.

Pac-Man Museum+, a 14-game compilation that unites games from across the history of the Pac-Man series will release in May and is coming to Xbox Game Pass on day one.

The collection, which will release on May 27, 2022 contains the following games:

PAC-MAN

SUPER PAC-MAN

PAC & PAL

PAC-LAND

PAC-MANIA

PAC-ATTACK

PAC-IN-TIME

PAC-MAN ARRANGEMENT Arcade ver.

PAC-MAN ARRANGEMENT CS ver.

PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION

PAC Motos

PAC’N ROLL REMIX

PAC-MAN BATTLE ROYALE

PAC-MAN 256

15 hours ago, MarkN said:

Just reading the name set the music going in my head. The fab arcade I used to practically live in as a child had a whole bank of Pac Land machines - it was so popular at the time. I wasn't that good at it, but loved it - especially all the little hidden bits.

Cool. Probably wouldn't have stumped up for it straight away, but will definitely give it a seeing-to on Gamepass.

There are so many hidden things in Pac Land. I'm still finding them even now. 

Pac-Land doesn’t get enough recognition these days, given how influential it was. You can’t tell me that Nintendo’s original concept for Super Mario Bros wasn’t “let’s put our character from Donkey Kong in a Pac-Land type game”, before the Famicom’s hardware and cartridge memory constraints turned it into something more unique.

Pac-Land runs at a weird refresh rate. I hope they tweak the speed so it runs at a smooth 60hz. For purists that's probably sacrilege, but I think the only other alternative is jerky scrolling.

12 minutes ago, Camel said:

Pac-Land runs at a weird refresh rate. I hope they tweak the speed so it runs at a smooth 60hz. For purists that's probably sacrilege, but I think the only other alternative is jerky scrolling.

I've never noticed jerky scrolling when I'm emulating it? 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, fat flatulent git said:

Anyone played this on Gamepass yet?

My copies (Switch and PS4) are in transit - I'll have a bash on them tonight.

It's not out until tomorrow on Xbox is it?

One of my first videogame encounters was playing the Pac-Land cabinet at Butlins when was about 5? Weirdly not played it since but the memory is so strong. Can't wait to dig in again.

These Pac Man collections never seem to include my favourites:

Ms Pac Man and Pac Man Championship Edition DX

I get that Ms Pac Man is only partially recognised by Namco but why do they alwasy leave out DX? That game was amazing. 

I thought DX was nowhere near as fun as CE though I agree it’s odd it’s not included. May be because it’s already on that other Namco Museum collection on Switch? 

edit: everyone needs to try Pacman Arrange. It’s an all timer. 

16 hours ago, iloverage said:

One of my first videogame encounters was playing the Pac-Land cabinet at Butlins when was about 5? Weirdly not played it since but the memory is so strong. Can't wait to dig in again.

Pac-land in Ayr arcade was my go-to, while my mum favoured the original Pac-man. Pac-mania was the Acorn Archimedes school game of choice at lunchtime.

Good times!

4 hours ago, JamesC said:

These Pac Man collections never seem to include my favourites:

Ms Pac Man and Pac Man Championship Edition DX

I get that Ms Pac Man is only partially recognised by Namco but why do they alwasy leave out DX? That game was amazing. 

Ms Pacman isn't actually owned by Namco (it was made by GCC in the US.) Every so often Namco forget this and then they have to pay loads of licence fees to the rightsholders in the US.

So. PC version on Gamepass. What is up with the awful vsynch?

The music is so consistently good in Pac-Man games. They may all be variations on a theme, but it's testament to just how brilliant that original composition was. 

Pac-Man has music? The only sound I associate with the series is waka-waka, despite having played a lot of Pac-Man, Pac-Land, Pac-Mania and CE over the course of my life.

(This is in contrast with the other prime arcade game of my youth, Bubble Bobble, whose music I can't seen to eject from my mind no matter how hard I try)