I never knew that guy was also that guy!

3 hours ago, AstroBot said:

He was also in Titanic (the designer of the ship) 

3 hours ago, Clipper said:

that is a way less memorable role to me :D

You guys are talking about victor Garbo? 

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

You guys are talking about victor Garbo? 

we haven't got time for names in this thread - his is the guy who played Frasier's butler in the episode of Frasier where he had a butler.

I can't be clearer than that surely!

(yes ok thats him)

On 21/03/2022 at 21:12, Camel said:

Eminem was in Annie 2: A Royal Adventure.

B1084EB3-BFD9-45C2-BB2E-634E8D13E9A2.jpeg.13d04322a1da19fb750c12d3dd87a54c.jpeg

Ashley Johnson!

Ellie from Last of Us 1 & 2 (as pointed out earlier)

Waitress in Avengers

F807A22C-1FCE-4360-94DD-6675B79AFB7E.jpeg.a4e7f018a8abc683f65c701995cef66f.jpeg

And Agent Patterson in Blindspot

E9C1CCF1-2B4B-45E6-BC61-62AFC5A90B53.thumb.jpeg.c171ea868fd23c4a4b825db6fb0ce989.jpeg

Probably now best known for playing Pike/Yasha/Fearne in Critical Role 

B01039B6-2E3D-4DFF-BEBD-F27386F8DCAF.jpeg.b1cf6f8c4f53246ad063017dffbd8144.jpeg

On 21/03/2022 at 00:42, Thor said:

billy-bob.gif

billy-bob-thornton-what.gif

And a bonus, also from Tombstone:

zAnfK4yS_400x400.jpg

PahWqSfi6bAfSinwJf9MQC.jpg

Lang (bottom two) also played the sleazy journalist in Manhunter, the original Hannibal Lector film.  You probably remember him as the guy who gets put in a wheelchair and gets set on fire.  Total transformation compared to what he was like in Avatar, totally didn’t recognise him and Manhunter is one of my fave films.  He’s also the blind guy in the Don’t Breathe movies.

21 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Ashley Johnson!

Ellie from Last of Us 1 & 2 (as pointed out earlier)

Waitress in Avengers

F807A22C-1FCE-4360-94DD-6675B79AFB7E.jpeg.a4e7f018a8abc683f65c701995cef66f.jpeg

And Agent Patterson in Blindspot

E9C1CCF1-2B4B-45E6-BC61-62AFC5A90B53.thumb.jpeg.c171ea868fd23c4a4b825db6fb0ce989.jpeg

Probably now best known for playing Pike/Yasha/Fearne in Critical Role 

B01039B6-2E3D-4DFF-BEBD-F27386F8DCAF.jpeg.b1cf6f8c4f53246ad063017dffbd8144.jpeg

And then of course she also played Mel Gibson's daughter in the classic What Women Want. Which is where I first encountered her, many many moons ago. :D

3 minutes ago, Illyria said:

And then of course she also played Mel Gibson's daughter in the classic What Women Want. Which is where I first encountered her, many many moons ago. :D

Yes, but I thought that (and the Hugh Grant film nine months, which she’s also in) would be too obscure :lol:

• 1 month later...

I'm rewatching Alien3 ATM. I hadn't seen it since just after release.  I didn't realise A) Charles Dance was in it, but also B) This guy:

wyr4o5XHDG0NZYGQp-KuuKIj2_KPeq_nyJs__9Kq

Is also this guy:

MV5BOTg1NjZjMDEtMWQxMy00ODk4LWJkOTItZDk5

I realised as soon as he said "I have a job" and my brain autonatically inserted "I had to kill the shopowner with his own shoes".

6 hours ago, Mikes said:

I'm rewatching Alien3 ATM. I hadn't seen it since just after release.  I didn't realise A) Charles Dance was in it, but also B) This guy:

wyr4o5XHDG0NZYGQp-KuuKIj2_KPeq_nyJs__9Kq

Is also this guy:

MV5BOTg1NjZjMDEtMWQxMy00ODk4LWJkOTItZDk5

I realised as soon as he said "I have a job" and my brain autonatically inserted "I had to kill the shopowner with his own shoes".

2 hours ago, Commander Jameson said:

He's also Ric Olié, the Naboo pilot in The Phantom Menace.

884972167be886f734c0a6262a3ecea2--royals-pilots.jpg.d71b852d6bfa8935ff3fdf59c2caffd5.jpg

Reaching a bit, but I was watching an episode of Parks and Rec the other day when a wee Hawk from Cobra Kai showed up:

image.png.d78cf09367f13f564f2bc9672025dc58.png

(But I appreciate that's jut the nature of being an actor with more than one credit in their entire life).

1 hour ago, schmojo said:

Reaching a bit, but I was watching an episode of Parks and Rec the other day when a wee Hawk from Cobra Kai showed up:

image.png.d78cf09367f13f564f2bc9672025dc58.png

(But I appreciate that's jut the nature of being an actor with more than one credit in their entire life).

Accptable: like the kid from Jurassic park in bohemian rhapsody 

There are a few I have but that are slightly obscure.  Spiras Fokas being Omar in The Jewel of the Nile and popping up as an Afghan elder in Rambo III.  Elya Baskin being in 2010The Name of the Rose and Austin Powers.  And I think that I got through two seasons of Babylon 5 before realising that Vir Cotto was Flounder out of Animal House.

But on that I didn't twig for years (and yes, of course I know he is Bennett in Commando):

Vernon Wells is the bad guy in Innerspace

image.png.f3c17196fb0727e06daa8e605ccc0a7f.png  

MV5BZjg0ZWUyNjctZTRkOC00MDcwLWI1NTYtMjg3

6 hours ago, loathsomeleopard said:

My favourite of these is Christopher Fairbank - Moxey in Auf Weidersehen Pet - randomly turning up in Tim Burton’s Batman as a street thug. He even gets a voice sample in Prince’s Batdance!

He's the Broker in Guardians of the Galaxy too

The_Broker_GotG_close.png

On a similar note, Bomber was in all three Indiana Jones movies (and played two characters in the first one). Shame they never made a fourth movie.

spacer.png  spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I was floored today to discover that the guy who plays Master Chief in the Halo TV series, Pablo Schreiber, was Nick Sobotka in the Wire. There was a Guardian interview with him today where the sub-heading referred to him being in the Wire, and I assumed he'd played a random cop or heavy or similar. I had no idea he was Nicky, that's blown my mind a bit.

On 05/06/2022 at 15:03, Plissken said:

There are a few I have but that are slightly obscure.  Spiras Fokas being Omar in The Jewel of the Nile and popping up as an Afghan elder in Rambo III.  Elya Baskin being in 2010The Name of the Rose and Austin Powers.  And I think that I got through two seasons of Babylon 5 before realising that Vir Cotto was Flounder out of Animal House.

But on that I didn't twig for years (and yes, of course I know he is Bennett in Commando):

Vernon Wells is the bad guy in Innerspace

image.png.f3c17196fb0727e06daa8e605ccc0a7f.png  

MV5BZjg0ZWUyNjctZTRkOC00MDcwLWI1NTYtMjg3

I have seen Innerspace so many times. Probably even more than Commando, which I've also watched a hell of a lot. I never realised, until now, that Bennet was shooty finger man.

On 13/06/2022 at 16:33, Doctor Shark said:

I have seen Innerspace so many times. Probably even more than Commando, which I've also watched a hell of a lot. I never realised, until now, that Bennet was shooty finger man.

Surely this is his most memorable attachment. :eyebrows: