IGNORED

Edge 370

Qazimod

Well deserved score for Triangle Strategy too. Basically a new Tactics Ogre game for this gen, with those lovely 2D HD graphics. It got a bit lost as it was released so close to Elden Ring, but it definitely deserves gamers' attention.

2 hours ago, K said:

Never mind all this positivity, those blundering goons at Edge have once again given a game a score that is slightly different from my own personal score. They’ve given Destiny 2: Witch Queen 7/10 - the lowest mark a game can receive. A travesty and a disgrace and proof if proof be need be that Edge hate games. 

Evidently Nate didn’t write their review for Witch Queen!

(Did they review BL? Can’t remember)

16 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Well deserved score for Triangle Strategy too. Basically a new Tactics Ogre game for this gen, with those lovely 2D HD graphics.

I've just had a look at the demo. I don't know what it's like on the Switch screen itself, but on a 65" OLED it looks absolutely appalling. Couldn't look less HD. A mushy soft mess. Switch games rarely look fantastic on the big screen but that's the worst I think I've ever seen.

9 minutes ago, SuperFamiTom said:

I've just had a look at the demo. I don't know what it's like on the Switch screen itself, but on a 65" OLED it looks absolutely appalling. Couldn't look less HD. A mushy soft mess. Switch games rarely look fantastic on the big screen but that's the worst I think I've ever seen.

Ahh, tramp gaming on a 25" screen ftw in this case.

42 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

For a moment there I was afraid we'd slipped into an alternate timeline with everybody joyously celebrating the great scores in the latest issue of edge. Thankfully, before we even got to page three of the thread, we're back discussing LBP and Double Dash and everything is right with the world again.

At least the 6 for 3rd Strike hasn't been- ah shit.

1 hour ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Ahh, tramp gaming on a 25" screen ftw in this case.

The big screen is the only way I could play it. Tried it handheld first but my eyes are shocking these days for anything close up and I couldn't read the text comfortably. It's been 3 years since my last eye test and I think this time might be the time I need bifocals 😞

1 hour ago, RubberJohnny said:

Take it the GT7 review was before they added the microtransactions and the service went down for days

STOP THE PRESSES!

In other news, Elden Ring has ruined other open world videogames for me for a while at least. It's just so fucking majestic - I'm totally crap at it compared to many of you, I keep picking up weapons that I fear I will never be able to wield, I actively avoid certain areas I enter because I fear they're too hard, and I'm dodgy AT BEST at the combat, but the sense of discovery is unparallelled and I love it so much. Playing it, I feel like a teenager who has stumbled across his dad's drinks cabinet while he's away - it feels too grown up for me but I still want to look inside and sample all its delights, knowing that doing so may have unintended consequences ('YOU DRUNK'). So yeah, for me Elden Ring is a definite 10. Is it the first From 10, or did the original Dark Souls get one too?

2 minutes ago, smac said:

I still do, from the newsstand! After all these years I really should get around to subscribing...

While the convenience of having it delivered with restless covers is nice it's frequently later than the newsagents. I still probably resub next year though.

8 hours ago, Wiper said:

Ooh, that makes me a lot more interested in Triangle Strategy than before, exciting stuff! No idea what Flintlock is, so that's interesting to me too — though the hideous old man horned rat thing on the cover isn't exactly selling it to me.

Triangle strategy is a lot better than the demo suggested imho. It is pretty clunky in certain aspects and I'm not sure if it would be as enjoyable if you're a total noob as the mechanics are explained in an almost half arsed way but as a tactics game it's pretty bloody great. 

Is it better than final fantasy tactics? Tricky to say but quite possibly. My only main complaint on that front is that you can't seem to change jobs/ classes at all but there are lots of different characters with those classes. I just quite liked reclassing in FF tactics just to play it some more but the new game + seems to be quite well done to negate the need to do that to get more turn based tactics shenanigans. 

I think you'll enjoy, wiper.

2 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Bloodborne was first. Dark Souls got a retconned one but I’m not sure that counts. 

Thanks to those who said nice things. Please buy the magazine if you don’t already. 

I'll look forward to reading it. I'm 90 hours in and - more and more as each hour passes - I can't believe what an achievement it is.

2 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Bloodborne was first. Dark Souls got a retconned one but I’m not sure that counts. 

Thanks to those who said nice things. Please buy the magazine if you don’t already. 

Is there any way I can pay to have the magazine injected into my brain instead of using my eyes to absorb it? I've got a teetering stack of them that implies I've not actually read an issue since 2020.

My copy was waiting for me when I got home, along with the December issue from six months ago, which presumably got lost in the pre-Christmas Covid chaos. Now to start complaining about the score that Deathloop got. 

Really looking forward to the Elden Ring review, will grab it in Smiths this week. An Edge 10 is still something to be really excited about.

Must have been a massive challenge to review. An almost impossible task. Is there a postscript to the review? Can you talk about how much you played @Nate Dogg IIIand what you based the final score on?

5 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Genuine question…. From the mags point of view how does the digital sub work for you guys? I have a digital sub and often I dont read much or sometimes nothing but I keep the sub up as every little helps etc but then does it? 

Id still give GT7 a 9/10 regardless of the MT tbh, its a great game and I haven’t got to the point that I need all dem cars within the first month yet….

13 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Really looking forward to the Elden Ring review, will grab it in Smiths this week. An Edge 10 is still something to be really excited about.

Must have been a massive challenge to review. An almost impossible task. Is there a postscript to the review? Can you talk about how much you played @Nate Dogg IIIand what you based the final score on?

Probably best I don't talk about my process. 

Okay, fine. I printed off the email with the download code, gave it a good huff and just styled it out from there.